Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 09:48:44 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: !!!WARNING - BITMAIN LEAVING PAYING CUSTOMERS OUT TO DRY!!!  (Read 2653 times)
Homecounties

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:46:29 PM

WARNING!!

A very real problem is developing with the company Bitmain.

I am a customer of theirs and have been for a while and never before had a problem, until now. I purchased some Antminer L3+'s a couple of releases back and opted to pay for them using their USD bank wire option.

I was told that I had seven days in order to complete the payment and then upload a proof of purchase. I did all of this but after doing so I never got any confirmation from Bitmain that they'd received it. When I then logged on to Bitmain next to check the status of my order, it had 'expired' and stated that it was unpaid.

I tried contacting Bitmain about this lots of times. I tried emailing them, then calling, then raising support tickets, all of which resulted in no response. Today I tried emailing them again, to which I get an automatic response saying that they no longer will be replying to emails and that support tickets were the only means of communication.

Seeing as they do not respond to said tickets I took to their forum to see if I could get any joy there, this is when I came across the fact that there are many, many, many customers who have had their money taken and orders essentially cancelled.

I don't know if this forum perhaps may attract the attention of the powers that be over in Bitmain or not, but at least it may serve as a warning for people that are thinking of sending their money over at the moment. The risk currently seems great and perhaps even a HUGE exit scam is about to take place, I don't know, but something is very, VERY wrong at the moment over at Bitmain!!

There are lots of cases of the same thing happening here: https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/section8

https://i.imgur.com/Y8s3OEW.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AtraxPool

Activity: 84

Block Hunting

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:09:51 PM

Seems there is a lot of this at the moment we have orders too that are "expired" we have had no contact from bitmain.

They may just be swamped with requests but they should still be messaging customers to let them know what is going on..

I am starting to think that they were hacked a lot worse than they are letting on...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2109208.0

■ BLOCKHUNT ■ «  COMMUNITY BLOCKHUNTING - »  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2207363.0
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:16:45 PM

Surely a company making a thousand dollars profit per unit on ten thousand units monthly could afford to hire a couple more customer service reps.

Selling seconds 2Pacs for a friend's med bills - PM for details
Currently in development - 20-120GH USB stick; 700GH 75W pod; 4TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
c-none

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:23:50 PM

Surely a company making a thousand dollars profit per unit on ten thousand units monthly could afford to hire a couple more customer service reps.

Of course. However, they do not do this and I don't know why.

I think they are not into being long life business but just speculating cryptocurrency prices and business nothing else.

I don't think they value their customers.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:30:25 PM

Well no of course not, we figured that out during the S5/SP20 price wars.

Maybe they figure they're going to get sales whether they screw everyone over or not because most people won't bother to check the statistics.

Selling seconds 2Pacs for a friend's med bills - PM for details
Currently in development - 20-120GH USB stick; 700GH 75W pod; 4TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Philopolymath

Activity: 252

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:55:30 PM

BULLSHIT...fcking 1 post newbie panic...FUD

Part of the reason they have a time limit to pay is to prevent SCALPERS....placing orders and tying up the system while SELLING those orders for inflated price.

If you were a serious patient honest buyer you would have got one of these...

Janet (Bitmain)
Aug 28, 12:06 CST

Dear Chrismayville,

Thanks for your consultation!
your order xxxxxxxxx is paid, please wait for shipment patiently. thanks
and now the PSU is available on our website, please place new orders if you want. thanks
Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Janet
Bitmain

Always order products directly from our website: www.bitmain.com
"Solved" means we replied - we still work on your issue until it is resolved.

Chrismayvi   
Chrismayville
Aug 13, 11:45 CST

Ni Hao
I have an outstanding paid order accepted as valid awaiting shipment.
Order ID:xxxxxxxx
Order is for 4x S9 units + 4x P.S.U.
This is my first purchase..please excuse my questions as nervousness.
I wish to purchase more hardware..But I see web page is always sold out..
Do you have waiting list or reservation list for new hardware?
I wish to purchase 4 more units + PSU's ...

8x S9's and  A Polarity Controlled  Electric Gyroscope
Homecounties

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:15:22 PM

BULLSHIT...fcking 1 post newbie panic...FUD

Part of the reason they have a time limit to pay is to prevent SCALPERS....placing orders and tying up the system while SELLING those orders for inflated price.

If you were a serious patient honest buyer you would have got one of these...

Janet (Bitmain)
Aug 28, 12:06 CST

Dear Chrismayville,

Thanks for your consultation!
your order xxxxxxxxx is paid, please wait for shipment patiently. thanks
and now the PSU is available on our website, please place new orders if you want. thanks
Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Janet
Bitmain

Always order products directly from our website: www.bitmain.com
"Solved" means we replied - we still work on your issue until it is resolved.

Chrismayvi   
Chrismayville
Aug 13, 11:45 CST

Ni Hao
I have an outstanding paid order accepted as valid awaiting shipment.
Order ID:xxxxxxxx
Order is for 4x S9 units + 4x P.S.U.
This is my first purchase..please excuse my questions as nervousness.
I wish to purchase more hardware..But I see web page is always sold out..
Do you have waiting list or reservation list for new hardware?
I wish to purchase 4 more units + PSU's ...

It's my first post on here because after many failed attempts to find out what's happened with my order and to my money, I felt motivated to get this out there to as many people as possible.

Does sending them thousands of dollars not make me a 'serious' buyer?

Does the fact that I followed all of their rules only to have my order 'expire' and remain on the system as 'unpaid' and not even get one reply in two weeks, does that make me impatient?

There are many, many customers that are experiencing the same thing, what, you think that is some kind of coincidence?

I'm glad you got a reply, but many of us have not.

It's not a 'newbie panic', it's bad customer service, at the very least. To not even have my order confirmed, even after making the payment weeks ago and within their timeframe, in fact to essentially have it cancelled ('expired') and still not even so much as a message, yet they have the time to release and market a new batch of both L3+'s and D3's in that time, but not even sort my order out or even bother to make a single communication???

You think that's acceptable?

Philopolymath

Activity: 252

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:42:35 PM

It's my first post on here because after many failed attempts to find out what's happened with my order and to my money, I felt motivated to get this out there to as many people as possible.
YES THAT"S CALLED PANICKING

NO it does not, because you have no proof... like one of these

Sales Order
All Orders Unpaid Paying Paid Shipped Expired
Commodity   Unit Price   Quantity   Product Amount   Status   Payment Method   Operation
2017-07-14 00:10:59 Order ID:xxxx   View
   Power Supply (APW3++)   105  USD   4   420  USD   
Paid
Unshipped
Valid
Directpay
   Antminer S9-13.5TH/s   1099  USD   4   4396  USD   
Paid
Unshipped
Valid
Directpay

Does the fact that I followed all of their rules only to have my order 'expire' and remain on the system as 'unpaid' and not even get one reply in two weeks, does that make me impatient?
YES it does...and we have NO proof you followed all the rules

There are many, many customers that are experiencing the same thing, what, you think that is some kind of coincidence?
Again you have no proof of other peoples issues and No I think it is perfectly normal considering the overwhelming demand and general incompetence and impatientence of the average buyer.

YOU WILL they do respond to every ticket

It's not a 'newbie panic', it's bad customer service, at the very least. To not even have my order confirmed, even after making the payment weeks ago and within their timeframe, in fact to essentially have it cancelled ('expired') and still not even so much as a message, yet they have the time to release and market a new batch of both L3+'s and D3's in that time, but not even sort my order out or even bother to make a single communication???

YES I DO...CAVEAT EMPTOR

8x S9's and  A Polarity Controlled  Electric Gyroscope
Homecounties

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:03:45 PM

YES THAT"S CALLED PANICKING

I think it's worth highlighting to potential future customers that this could easily happen to them as it has MANY others.

NO it does not, because you have no proof... like one of these

Here's a partial shot of one of my orders after I uploaded the proof of transfer and still the order shifted to expired.

https://i.imgur.com/GgsBuDT.png

Sales Order
All Orders Unpaid Paying Paid Shipped Expired
Commodity   Unit Price   Quantity   Product Amount   Status   Payment Method   Operation
2017-07-14 00:10:59 Order ID:xxxx   View
   Power Supply (APW3++)   105  USD   4   420  USD   
Paid
Unshipped
Valid
Directpay
   Antminer S9-13.5TH/s   1099  USD   4   4396  USD   
Paid
Unshipped
Valid
Directpay

YES it does...and we have NO proof you followed all the rules

Proof posted above, I don't see how waiting two weeks to even get a fucking message makes anyone impatient after the money has left your account and gone to theirs.

Impatient would be a few hours, a day or two maybe, but a couple of weeks passing by and your order then 'expiring' then not even having five seconds to just let you know whats going on, but plenty of time to produce two more batches of miners to go up for sale?Huh  

That's just super shitty customer service, and if you think that's acceptable to deal with customers like that, then I pity whatever banana republic you live in.

Again you have no proof of other peoples issues and No I think it is perfectly normal considering the overwhelming demand and general incompetence and impatientence of the average buyer.

Incompetence?? I followed everything to the letter. What more can I do to demonstrate that? How does the burden of blame lay of the buyers and not the sellers in this instance you massively self righteous cock.

YOU WILL they do respond to every ticket

Well after reading online I'm now seeing lots of people that have had almost identical experiences. It seems they are selectively scamming people without fear of any come back.

YES I DO...CAVEAT EMPTOR

If this is acceptable customer service to you, then you clearly live in a very different world to the one I do. I've worked in customer service industries and if someone shelled out a few grand with me then I wouldn't simply not answer their questions and ignore them. Again, if you were dragged up by parents who didn't believe in things like basic manors then I can understand a different world view. We are only products of our environment I guess and I expect better than this for this kind of money, for any kind of money for that matter!

GbrilliantQ

Activity: 76

ƃqɹᴉllᴉɐuʇb

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:59:01 PM

Any update on this OP.  I've had 3 orders through bitmain now.  Some S9's through bank wire were successful and some apw3++ order using ltc went through fine.  Not a large order of D3's though.  I paid in full through bank wire and posted two proofs.  One proof of the bank message of sending and another Monday after receiving the receipt in the mail.  Today my order says expired unpaid for my d3 order.  I emailed them back and got

We have received your ticket and will reply as soon as possible.  Sorry to let you know that recently we may have some delay with the payment of Bitcoin order.
If your order is paid but still expired/unpaid, please kindly wait several days. The order will be valid once we confirmed which may take serveral days recently. Please do not worry about the payment.
Do not reply this email.

But from what I've read this seems almost normal for bitmain...

edit:  I just noticed it reads bitcoin order.. Lovely because I didn't pay with bitcoin and never had the option to during ordering either.
fanatic26

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:09:36 PM

1. 'Thousands of dollars' makes you one of their smallest customers, everything they sell is over $1000 outside of the PSU and the joke antrouters. Send them millions and you can be considered a serious customer.

2. No it doesnt make you impatient, just uninformed due to lack of research. If you do some research this is pretty normal when it comes to ordering hardware from bitmain.

3. Its bitmains standard customer service.

4. Again, standard bitmain customer service.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
senseless

Activity: 562

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:54:47 PM

1. 'Thousands of dollars' makes you one of their smallest customers, everything they sell is over $1000 outside of the PSU and the joke antrouters. Send them millions and you can be considered a serious customer.

2. No it doesnt make you impatient, just uninformed due to lack of research. If you do some research this is pretty normal when it comes to ordering hardware from bitmain.

3. Its bitmains standard customer service.

4. Again, standard bitmain customer service.

No, even the huge orders get ignored. It's SOP for bitcoin asic companies. I have a business partner who was helping a friend with a $1M order. The friend got the money from an investor and the investor wanted just some proof of ownership of the bank account before wiring the money. The investor wanted to be sure he wasn't just sending the money to some random person. He's a completely nontechnical person but wanted in on this crypto craze. Bitmain wouldn't provide it and eventually just ignored them. My business partner knows a lot of the bitmain guys personally (as in drinking in the KTV with them).

They don't need your money. People are tripping over each other trying to get these units. They don't need to provide any customer service to ANYONE and people will still throw money at them like they're the sexiest stripper on the planet -- then -- pray to baby jesus that the sexiest stripper on the planet will sleep with them (aka, actually ship the hardware).

It's the fault of the community for continuing to do business with these companies. Everyone wants to be first and it's created an atmosphere where unacceptable business practices are ignored or justified for. Just look at what innosilicon did to bitmine. And, yet, people on this very forum are calling them the best company to do business with. It's a fucking joke and we're the punch line. A bunch of drug addicts on this forum. Addicted to the thrill of mining big money in their garage. And, if all these idiots would work together for a common good instead of trying to fuck everyone over (or letting themselves be fucked over), the community could actually grow and progress. But, that will never happen. It's not in human nature to do such things as it requires self-awareness with a dash (as in, touch, sprinkle, or spot) of intelligence. While, the people going ape over this are a bunch of dumb animals.

I just refuse to do business with some of these people now. I don't care how much money you're going to give me. Your attitude and understanding are what I care more about. The world doesn't need any more stupid investors with too much money making dumb gambles. Do yourself a favor, just take all your money, go to the roulette wheel at the casino, and throw it all on black. You have a better chance of coming out on top.

If you're not a chinese national, bitmain could simply just take your money, refuse to ship.... And you would have ZERO recourse. The court of the CCP is always going to favor the chinese national over the foreigner. Even in cases of blatant theft or fraud. Bitmain only needs to treat other chinese nationals with dignity and respect. If you're not chinese you can fuck off.

Gan bei!
maikelblogo

Activity: 862

MGFSConsult Only One Owner and ICO Mayuya promoter

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 07:56:38 PM

Another bitcoin company who falls after ending in scams

MAYUYA LA QUE TE DEFIENDE DE QUIEN TE PUYA Y TE QUIERE COMO LA MADRE TUYA. ICO DESDE EL 30/10 INFORMACIÓN AQUÍ
fanatic26

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:26:51 PM

If you're not a chinese national, bitmain could simply just take your money, refuse to ship.... And you would have ZERO recourse. The court of the CCP is always going to favor the chinese national over the foreigner. Even in cases of blatant theft or fraud. Bitmain only needs to treat other chinese nationals with dignity and respect. If you're not chinese you can fuck off.

Gan bei!

Which is why if you have the money to make orders like that you hire someone in China to handle your business there.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
isukabtc

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:51:19 AM

Bitmain just update its system now (to prevent selling order) :
If any order paying with btc already expired before you sent any btc there, the address in your order will be gone
If you sent btc to them after it expired you will not paid for the batch and have to wait for another batch while and you will got btc balance
drm88

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:07:08 PM

Did you get this resolved? I had an order with bitmain for d3s that I paid for with USD wire transfer and they let it expire and cut off all communication with me as well. Not sure if I have been scammed or not.
VRobb

Activity: 686

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:22:40 AM

Scammed by Bitmain? No, not in the usual sense as if you got robbed.  Are they shady with their less than stellar QC and long "lead times" that create extra profits for them at the expense of their customers? Well...  Roll Eyes

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck
In Hotels, I prefer the 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), & S9-13.5
Aurel577

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:02:24 PM

We all hear about the Bitmain orders or warranty that goes wrong, but there has been a LOT that have  gone right. I myself have ordered 5 times from Bitmain and everything always went well. So maybe this is why so many still order. Also I can only guess just how many times people have tried to scam Bitmain. I really think they do more than what most business do you n China, it's just that most of us from other Countries are just use to better customer service than what they provide.

Unlock my old account please:
Aurel57
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:06:06 PM

There is nothing to worry about I am Using Ant Miners S9,D3 and L3+ ordered from China, This is the dealer's Whatsapp Number: advertisement
the delivery was very fast and quality was perfect, this dealer is the solution to your problems, I would highly recommend all to order from them
jerry aka TechnoBoy12345, You really like hitting all the popular threads with this advertisement doncha?
Reported to mods

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
drm88

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:53:47 AM

Scammed by Bitmain? No, not in the usual sense as if you got robbed.  Are they shady with their less than stellar QC and long "lead times" that create extra profits for them at the expense of their customers? Well...  Roll Eyes

I don't know. This is my first time doing business with them and so far it has been....unpleasant, to say the least.

I called their U.S. phone number and the robot directory operator told me it was bitmain, the person who finally picked up said they weren't and that she didn't know where they were located or what their phone number was.

I called their Chinese phone number and got no answers and the person on the other end was extremely hostile, as if I had done something really terrible to her even though I was very polite. Didn't really sit well with my to be honest.

I have also tried emailing them and keep getting robotic replies telling me to 'wait 7 days' and 'be patient', even though it has been 2 weeks.

Hard for me to not feel uneasy about this.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.