Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:03:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles Hoskinson – co-founder and ex-CEO of Ethereum saw this fallout coming.  (Read 1847 times)
yorklab (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:51:44 PM

Charles Hoskinson said this ICO fallout was coming several months ago; he really nailed it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-18/ethereum-co-founder-says-crypto-coin-market-is-ticking-time-bomb

Hoskenson believes only the quality coins will be standing after the fallout.

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghostunicorn

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:57:49 PM

Charles Hoskinson said this ICO fallout was coming several months ago; he really nailed it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-18/ethereum-co-founder-says-crypto-coin-market-is-ticking-time-bomb

This is generally right, for the garbage ones, we can't expect too much growth after fallout. But all of the loss wil recover with time, even for the worst ones, I believe. We should always take this founders serious before looking at the market.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 04:11:41 PM

I also did an interview on Bloomberg about this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNS8ucQj-rM

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
oliviajizz

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

* PM for Japanese Translations *

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:33:35 PM

I also did an interview on Bloomberg about this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNS8ucQj-rM

oh my lord, the himself legend has graced with his presence.

* PM for Japanese Translations *
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 07:30:05 PM

I've been posting on Bitcointalk for years.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:33:28 PM

We said there would be an ICO fallout back in March that would occur during the end of summer. This Charles guy is slow to predict... The entire Altcoins market has been run up by these ICO scams but now they are illegal as predicted and goodbye market. HODL THE Bitcoin not the Altcoins. Grin
vfrcbv91

Activity: 337
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:34:20 PM

I think sooner or later, these tough measures had to be taken. The most blatant ico Scam, not developing the needed technology. Such is now and fell good coins are kept and will go up soon.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 07:58:09 PM

We said there would be an ICO fallout back in March that would occur during the end of summer. This Charles guy is slow to predict... The entire Altcoins market has been run up by these ICO scams but now they are illegal as predicted and goodbye market. HODL THE Bitcoin not the Altcoins.

To be fair, I've been critical of most ICOs since the DAO and have publicly stated so. After seeing the wave of stupid/greedy money chasing P&Ds, I decided to become much more public about it with the Bloomberg article. No one seems to answer a simple question, "if you get a 10x, then who is buying the asset from you to realize the gains and why are they buying it?" If the answer isn't because they can do something with the token, but rather because they believe it's going up, then you have a Ponzi scheme brewing.

Nothing grows to the sky and pure greed has replaced rational thought.

Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:01:36 PM

We said there would be an ICO fallout back in March that would occur during the end of summer. This Charles guy is slow to predict... The entire Altcoins market has been run up by these ICO scams but now they are illegal as predicted and goodbye market. HODL THE Bitcoin not the Altcoins.

To be fair, I've been critical of most ICOs since the DAO and have publicly stated so. After seeing the wave of stupid/greedy money chasing P&Ds, I decided to become much more public about it with the Bloomberg article. No one seems to answer a simple question, "if you get a 10x, then who is buying the asset from you to realize the gains and why are they buying it?" If the answer isn't because they can do something with the token, but rather because they believe it's going up, then you have a Ponzi scheme brewing.

I agree with you. I also think that it's obvious. Everything in Economics textbooks - 90% of traders losing their profits advanced it to us) Classic.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
yorklab (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:26:49 PM

Since your talk on this subject I've been trying to follow the coins you seem to favor; and though I have missed out on the 10x moves on some of these ICOs, I've also seen my portfolio grow, but more importantly, i'm able to relax without constantly watching the exchange.

This may only be the beginning. If other countries follow suit then all the ICOs will be in trouble.

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:06:04 PM

I don't think its fair or accurate to say that all ico's are in trouble.

But the days of funding 50million usd for a whitepaper are OVER, and thats a good thing for crypto.
elc4pitan

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:08:48 PM

ICOs where always a bad ideia.

A shame that your words will fall in deaf ears... even with whats happening at the moment people are still thinking about buying everything they can without taking into consideration what exactly is the "thing" they are buying.

No one with their head in the right place needs an expert to predict the rage and tears that are bound to come once people realize they have lost their pants and have no chance of getting them back.
woas4

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:41:38 PM

Its nice when we get to see influent people frequenting the forums. Thanks for your insight and good luck with your future projects Smiley

Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:08:25 AM

The person who had warned Charles before he joined Ethereum that a Turing complete blockchain would be a “can of worms” and warned about ICOs here on BCT since 2016, predicted this ICO collapse event 2 days before.

With that public record of correct predictions, it’s notable that he is expecting eventually only non-ICO tokens will be standing:

Are Most Cryptocurrencies Doomed to Collapse — because they’re “ICO-issued”?
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 03:15:35 AM

The ICO hype is getting stronger and stronger time by time, especially this year where projects fulfil and hit the cap within seconds-minutes and even causes ethereum network to go stuck. The huge money flow is just creating some sort of "Bubble", maybe i should not call it as a bubble but some overflow of cash

Industry is going too fast, a pause might be good for things to go further

Guess Quality coins should rebounce within 2 weeks as i realise the recover period for crypto is kinda of fast compare to Fiats
puvanb

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:23:43 AM

You should have done a crusade on all the ICOs. I read your article on bloomberg but was surprised not many heed to your advice.
SavvyOli

Activity: 81

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:28:37 AM

how i wish i saw your video before going in too deep.. =(
VTS

Activity: 112

Licensing & Monetizing Digital Content!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:55:33 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 05:36:02 AM by VTS

I think the community should become active and make at least some small movements to add some value to trust/non trust. Not regulatory but "as a service" ad some extra value and give some extra trust.

Community Driven Audit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2135456.new#new

I know it is not that easy solvable and contains many problems maybe also risks, but I believe the community should start thinking about some kind of solution. Its just an impulse / thought....

iluvbtc

Activity: 221

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:16:14 AM

ICOs are here to stay, too many coins with real value propositions like omg, ppt, veri, salt etc... folks just need to be wary of the sh*tcoins and not fall for the hype
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:44:18 AM

The thing is tho, after everything falling and collapsing, what's left is only greed.  Whatever it is, be it ICO tokens or pennystocks, 'greedy people' (or smart people?) will always come up with 'investment vehicles' to make money and get rich quick.  There's no other way around it.

And what's going on with ICO's and all that, it's really nothing new.  Honestly, I hope it lasts longer than the tech bubble.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████