Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:51:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Fog ?  (Read 790 times)
Deep Purple Ghost (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:48:25 PM

Has anyone used this and can confirm it's trustworthy? Thank you.

http://fogcore57qiv7wry.onion/ - Bitcoin Fog
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Deep Purple Ghost (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:21:21 PM

No one?  Shocked
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:26:29 PM

So, should you trust an anonymous partner to help launder money? I would say no. If that person just walked off with your coins what could you do? 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Deep Purple Ghost (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:51:00 PM

So, should you trust an anonymous partner to help launder money? I would say no. If that person just walked off with your coins what could you do?  

Of course, which is why I'm here asking for experiences before sending money to a site I've never used before.
annaxoxo

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:40:04 PM

thanks i needed to use this Cheesy
thelsdj

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:17:21 PM

I would not trust a service like this even with recommendations, because they could always actually perform the service until they get a big request and then turn around and run off with a boatload of coins.

This happens in Eve Online all the time. Someone says they will double any money you send them and send it back to you, they actually do that for small to medium values, or even a few large values. (Millions or a few billion ISK) But when someone sends them say, 10 billion ISK, they just run off with it, making a profit, and starting the scam over under a different name, building the reputation back up until someone trusts them enough to send big amount, repeat.
Deep Purple Ghost (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:05:53 AM

I would not trust a service like this even with recommendations, because they could always actually perform the service until they get a big request and then turn around and run off with a boatload of coins.

This happens in Eve Online all the time. Someone says they will double any money you send them and send it back to you, they actually do that for small to medium values, or even a few large values. (Millions or a few billion ISK) But when someone sends them say, 10 billion ISK, they just run off with it, making a profit, and starting the scam over under a different name, building the reputation back up until someone trusts them enough to send big amount, repeat.

That's scary. Thanks for the response, I'm just using a small amount so I think I will take the plunge this time.
t3xasdolly

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:16:05 AM

That's scary. Thanks for the response, I'm just using a small amount so I think I will take the plunge this time.

Cheesy

Blockchain.info has a mixer if I understand right what you need. Sometimes the coins get lost because of bug, but these cases Blockchain.info resolving manually. Much safer imo
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:37:23 AM

Shall I summarize?

RodeoX: it's a scam.
thelsdj: they are going to steal your money.
Deep Purple Ghost: that's ok. It's only a small amount.

It just occurred to me that the best way to launder bitcoins is to give them to some unknown person on TOR. That way they can't be traced to you. The downside is that you no longer have the bitcoins.

Purple, this has happened before. A year or so ago someone started a TOR wallet service and then just kept the money that people deposited. The amazing part was that people continued to deposit (and lose) money even after it was known to be a scam.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Zeryk

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:55:57 AM

I was using this service many times (even if you are using btc for legal activities, your coins could be from illegal activity),
and nothing lost (except commission 1-3%).
Fogged about 100btc (not at once, the largest transaction was about 40btc), withdrawing took about 8 hours with 6 hours release, so dont panic.

There is official bitcointalk thread here. So I guess it is not scam, nor selective scam (40btc @120$ would trigger it imho), nor exit scam (I guess funds are mostly withdrawn asap.)

Hope it helps.
KeepIt300D

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:23:09 AM

Do what you want, but I wouldn't trust it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: