Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:39:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinCheckUp.com - Cryptocoin Analysis & Investment Stats  (Read 19198 times)
ed_teech

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Jahaha

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:07:44 PM

I checked out your site and it really seems interesting. Bookmarked for a more thorough check later.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drmarcobelli

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:02:03 PM

I'm highly interested in this!
Very useful.
Love it for the investment stats. Keep it up man.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
bongbarya

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:47:54 AM

Exceeded my expectations. Very much work is put to what you deliver. This will be mainstream soon.  Thank you!

When is your ico? Kidding!
coinsharky

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:06:07 AM

Great site!  Please keep up the good work!

For the categories, do you have the description somewhere on what each of them means?

I'm very new to the crypto space and I don't understand the difference for some of them, e.g.:

• smart contracts
  • build dapps
  • platform

I'm sure there are some differences between them, perhaps you can include a category description somewhere on the site?

Thanks.
valentinbora (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 02:59:54 PM

Looks nice but the loading times are quite slow  Smiley

We've just released a major upgrade to the homepage so it shouldn't be slow anymore. Please give it a try and let us know. Thanks!
Esqarrouth

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:17:40 PM

Valentin, Raluca, Jeroen and other that have been involved with this project. Thank you for the awesome work!

If Coinmarketcap is the Yahoo of blockchain then Coincheckup is the Google of blockchain.

This will be the home page of everyone in the market in a year, just don't give up and keep up the good work guys  Wink
demiculus

Activity: 81
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:24:41 PM

We've just released a major upgrade to the homepage so it shouldn't be slow anymore. Please give it a try and let us know. Thanks!

Thanks. You're doing well. I have a couple of feedbacks;

1. You're site will not be able to surpass coinmarketcap by doing the same thing, they have too much network effect. If I want to lookup rankings & such, I will definitely use coinmarketcap because no other site will be able to do 2x better. There isn't such room for improvement.

What you can do better is analysis which you are doing pretty well in my opinion. I only use your site for analysis. So if you focus more on what differentiates you from coinmarketcap I believe it would benefit you a lot more.

So I think you should keep the old view of your homepage where you showed analysis rather than the same things as coinmarketcap.

2. Your screener is fucking awesome!!!

3. ETC scoring more than ETH is interesting. Also BTG and a few other coins scoring high is. But I get why they have scored high. The algorithm isn't perfect and it is impossible to make a single algo to work for every type of coin. But overall it is obvious there is room for improvement in your analysis. I'm sure you have a lot to do, but if you decide to focus on the analysis part and not be a direct competitor to coinmarketcap I'd like to see the analysis part improved.

4. Please make an API. I didn't see it on your roadmap.

5. How are your revenues? Are you at a breakeven point for research-dev time/revenue? I closed my adblocker on your site to see your ads and.. man you almost have none. I'd like you guys to earn some money for all the effort you're putting in. I'm sure the site/revenue will keep growing if you focus on the right thing.

6. "Direct integration with exchanges" I saw that this card is being developed right now. I think it will have too much development time vs. the return of growth it will provide. So I'd say postpone it but you have already started this task 12 days ago so .. yea might as well finish it. Just keep in mind for the next time you decide to do a task ask yourself, "Will this task increase the growth of the site?".

I'll write more feedback later on, maybe directly write comments on cards. But right now I think your #1 problem is differentiating yourself from coinmarketcap.

Best of luck
Esqarrouth

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:52:09 PM

Sometimes I come across small problems in the website. If it is about data research and I have access to edit, I edit the information and give the correct one.

For other ones, which are more development related what would be the best platform to give feedback?

An example Raiblocks:

Has github link in here, which is a user/project type of link: https://coincheckup.com/coins/raiblocks/analysis
However the github score in here is 0, I have no way of editing this part: https://coincheckup.com/coins/raiblocks/analysis/scores
I've checked a lot of coins and Raiblocks has one of the best github profiles of midcap coins. Probably should be about 90th percentile. So there is something technically wrong in here.

I think there should also be an edit button in the 'Purpose' tab & 'Resources' tab.

RalucaP

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:18:21 PM

Valentin, Raluca, Jeroen and other that have been involved with this project. Thank you for the awesome work!

If Coinmarketcap is the Yahoo of blockchain then Coincheckup is the Google of blockchain.

This will be the home page of everyone in the market in a year, just don't give up and keep up the good work guys  Wink

Thanks a lot for your feedback and support!!!
RalucaP

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:27:07 PM

Thanks. You're doing well. I have a couple of feedbacks;

1. You're site will not be able to surpass coinmarketcap by doing the same thing, they have too much network effect. If I want to lookup rankings & such, I will definitely use coinmarketcap because no other site will be able to do 2x better. There isn't such room for improvement.

What you can do better is analysis which you are doing pretty well in my opinion. I only use your site for analysis. So if you focus more on what differentiates you from coinmarketcap I believe it would benefit you a lot more.

So I think you should keep the old view of your homepage where you showed analysis rather than the same things as coinmarketcap.

2. Your screener is fucking awesome!!!

3. ETC scoring more than ETH is interesting. Also BTG and a few other coins scoring high is. But I get why they have scored high. The algorithm isn't perfect and it is impossible to make a single algo to work for every type of coin. But overall it is obvious there is room for improvement in your analysis. I'm sure you have a lot to do, but if you decide to focus on the analysis part and not be a direct competitor to coinmarketcap I'd like to see the analysis part improved.

4. Please make an API. I didn't see it on your roadmap.

5. How are your revenues? Are you at a breakeven point for research-dev time/revenue? I closed my adblocker on your site to see your ads and.. man you almost have none. I'd like you guys to earn some money for all the effort you're putting in. I'm sure the site/revenue will keep growing if you focus on the right thing.

6. "Direct integration with exchanges" I saw that this card is being developed right now. I think it will have too much development time vs. the return of growth it will provide. So I'd say postpone it but you have already started this task 12 days ago so .. yea might as well finish it. Just keep in mind for the next time you decide to do a task ask yourself, "Will this task increase the growth of the site?".

I'll write more feedback later on, maybe directly write comments on cards. But right now I think your #1 problem is differentiating yourself from coinmarketcap.

Best of luck

Thanks a lot for your appreciation, feedback and suggestions, we will definitely keep them in mind. You can see the link to our open-source formula and you can suggest changes in the document.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jnmTA1B_eQsBNaO_JkvlX-5f5TwcOUDR58HLGNfoPjQ/edit

Also, regarding an API, as this is a very popular request  we're considering opening up a free basic API and a paid advanced API, details will follow. We're currently quite swamped with work so we can't tell you exactly when this will be finished, but if you sign up for an account on coincheckup.com you'll get updated on new features we're adding.
All the best!

cryptotricks

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:27:16 AM

Glad that i found this website. I was looking for ROI's of coins and this sites provides those details as well.
valentinbora (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:19:39 PM

Best of luck

It might seem there's no end-user benefit at least at first glance, however we still depend on CoinMarketCap and CryptoCompare pricing data at the moment. Both are great, but they're black boxes which we have little to no control over. Moreover, should they decide (unlikely, but possible) to simply stop offering an API, we are suddenly impaired. As such, we believe we should get our own data and be transparent about the aggregation formulas we are going to be using.
demiculus

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:47:50 AM

Best of luck

It might seem there's no end-user benefit at least at first glance, however we still depend on CoinMarketCap and CryptoCompare pricing data at the moment. Both are great, but they're black boxes which we have little to no control over. Moreover, should they decide (unlikely, but possible) to simply stop offering an API, we are suddenly impaired. As such, we believe we should get our own data and be transparent about the aggregation formulas we are going to be using.

Being transparent is good. Though getting data is fairly easy since they are just giving the ticker and it can be easily scraped from the site even if they did not give the data. I've scraped their site for all links and such so I know Tongue

Either way keep up the good work Smiley
Esqarrouth

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:31:37 PM

Best of luck

Makes sense.
demiculus

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:00:58 AM

What is benefit of coincheckup

For me, they provide analysis of good coins. You can check out the analysis tab here: https://coincheckup.com/analysis

Their analysis is not perfect as you can see from some of the top coins, but it looks like a good place to start.
valentinbora (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 03:20:20 AM

What is benefit of coincheckup

For me, they provide analysis of good coins. You can check out the analysis tab here: https://coincheckup.com/analysis

Their analysis is not perfect as you can see from some of the top coins, but it looks like a good place to start.

A perfect automated analysis is probably never possible, but we aim to reduce the amount of work and time you need to put into research. You can use the scores and screener we offer to reduce the 1500+ coins out there to something more humanly manageable.

I would for instance personally use the screener to reduce the list of coins to the ones that are at least 8 months old, with a CoinCheckUp total score of at least 60%, that trade on Bittrex, and have at least 50% winning months. I've just run this particular screen and it yields 74 results at this time. Much more manageable than 1500 results in my opinion. So this is just an example of a decent way to start researching based on your own criteria!
etheman

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:55:11 PM

Cool, i will try it for my work ! Thx
exchange.blue

Activity: 420
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:27:21 PM

I'd be interested in swapping links with you Smiley

http://www.arbitrage.expert
valentinbora (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 10:18:35 PM

GitHub activity tracker now available at https://coincheckup.com/analysis/github (as well most coins' detail pages, under Analysis > GitHub activity)

https://blog.coincheckup.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Screen-Shot-2018-02-17-at-10.19.46-PM-1024x555.png
lasercart

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:31:34 PM

When will there be portfolio tracking on CoinCheckup?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: