Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:00:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17252 times)
lukmandog

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:46:40 PM

Everything becomes a real bubble if bitcoin dies. All cryptocurrency technologies are pegged to bitcoin, although the most popular altcoin it's possible that take over bitcoin position, but it will require a very long adaptation. Even, could have an impact on economic crisis for some countries.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valucash

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:57:18 PM

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.

It think if all governments were to ban bitcoin it will still survive as it will be used underground, but every technology can be a victim of disruption. Something new may come up and cause people to abandon cryptocurrency.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:12:32 PM

I don't see why alts would die if bitcoin ever died.
Many altcoin projects have something completely different in mind than just being a currency.
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:33:03 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.
This is a perfect answer. But I think the closest reason bitcoin could die between the two is the banning of bitcoin and altcoins by the government which is also not that possible. If it happens, then it wil be the end of cryptocurrency.
Hm... In my opinion, if that worst situation happening in someday, the future of cryptocurrency still normal if crypto user use it in under ground or private. In my country, every year we have many small company avoid taxes fees of government very easy. So, I think cryptocurrency also can do that.
Kabul

Activity: 619

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:40:23 PM

No, I think that altcoin will not die. There are many altcoins around and some of them are extremely great. Some are not even based on the blockchain network. They have their own algorithm and therefore, I do believe that when bitcoin dies, it will be a great day for all altcoins to grow and become stronger and stronger

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Qastessa

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:10:15 AM

. If that happened, which I particularly find impossible. There would be a market collapse, because the market base is the BTC. For example, if the dollar were to break down there would be an impact on all world trade and the world market as we know it would end, so would the Altcoins.
Well bitcoin is the power today and it is being the most wanted currency of this age so that it is the source of income for us and the people who are connected to it so if bitcoin dies I don’t think so that the altcoins will die because a lot of people trust bitcoin that it cannot go away or go down permanently someday it will rise again and it will make the world shake again so it is not going to happen but if ever happened it will raise gain after some time.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:24:14 AM

Well that's a very subjective question. Every cryptocurrency has something special about it. So if there is death of bitcoin due to such demand supply reasons(which is nearly impossible) then altcoins may survive and even flourish nicely. But if the death of bitcoin is done by legal institutions altcoins also may find very difficult to survive.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:26:32 AM

I find this question quite unsound, if bitcoin dies, it only means other altcoins will, and bitcoin will give way to other cryptocurreny to rise and be accepted by all. Just like what happened to gold, silver and copper coins, at first, gold was use worldwide and then, they found value on silver and copper as well, but gold still is more valuable than the latter two, and accompanying those three currencies other valuable earth metals were also used for transactions like crystals, rubies and ither gems. I think it is safe to say that, bitcoin is the next gold, though only a fee will be using it for transactions, bitcoin will still grow in value, along with ethereum and bitcoin cash, and the other altcoins, can be considered as crystals, rubies and gem, since only a few number of people patronize altcoins, still altcoin's value is getting higher and higher. In turn, i see that the event that bitcoin will no longer be used by many, but will make their valuable asset, in the essence bitcoin will be seldomly used for transactions, making it somewhat dead, bug still has its value, but altcoins will not be affected since that's just how the money system work, the other will become more valuable, it is impractical to use, since it is already a fortune, and then others will still continue to gain valud but, will be used more often, so un that case investing in bitcoin still is a great idea.
add1ct3dd

Activity: 657
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:43:19 AM

No, I think that altcoin will not die. There are many altcoins around and some of them are extremely great. Some are not even based on the blockchain network. They have their own algorithm and therefore, I do believe that when bitcoin dies, it will be a great day for all altcoins to grow and become stronger and stronger
Yes when bitcoin dies, altcoin will strongly become mich more flexible to grow it's value because all bitcoin investors will pick the one who will be the next bitcoin if ever that bitcoin will dies. I hope it will not hehehehe
wildflower18

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:50:34 AM

Well that's a very subjective question. Every cryptocurrency has something special about it. So if there is death of bitcoin due to such demand supply reasons(which is nearly impossible) then altcoins may survive and even flourish nicely. But if the death of bitcoin is done by legal institutions altcoins also may find very difficult to survive.
Bitcoin will never die but it depends actually in regards with altcoin. Yes the altcoin may survive if bitcoin will die somehow users will go through in altcoin. Moreover, I don't see a reason that bitcoin will die as the demand is increasing.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:54:49 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
Dead is a very subjective word:

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

It sure is dead here today...
garmerys

Activity: 216

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:05:43 AM

I think it will never die because it is booming and has great potential in the future. Besides, even if it is lost, I believe there will be a second Bitcoin that will appear and will grow even further.
You can think of another altcoin in the future after the death of bitcoin. But it is a reality that bitcoin will survive for hundreds of years and will never come to an end. How can one think about the crypto coin to die although which is not fully in power till date.

First let it be acceptable and legalize in the world, then you can think of something else. No other currency has gained so much popularity as bitcoin.
CircularLoGic

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 06:07:09 AM

Probably yes, because bitcoin is the strongest crypto in the crypto world if someone manage to kill bitcoin so will other cryptos.

jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:15:24 AM

If bitcoin die, which I hope will not happen, I think two things will possibly happen. Either altcoins will rise or will die together with btc. But most possibly one of them will rise and take the place of btc as king of crypto world. And which alt will rise on top will depend on which people will support and invest in.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:52:22 AM

if any impact on bitcoin definitely make change in altcoins most of the altcoins trading completely depend on bitcoin . But there is very low chance of bitcoin die . My question here how do you assume bitcoin going to die
TheBTCAlex

Activity: 126

Back from Vacation!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:21:27 AM

Yes, I agree, that only in the case of complete ban of Bitcoin would other altcoins too die. In other scenarios, like maybe too high transaction fees, or maybe due to price decrease/less appeal, due to other altcoins being independent of BTC, they will probably live, unless there is mass-scale loss of appeal for all cryptocurrencies.

bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:33:52 AM

If bitcoin dies after government bans, that means they can ban any altcoin if they want
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:36:35 AM

I really believe that Bitcoin as a major and leading cryptocurrency has brought about others; altcoins. Same as saying Bitcoin is cryptocurrency and if anything at all happens to Bitcoin, there will also be an impact on d altcoins. So, d death of bitcoin is like death of cryptocurrency and d altcoins.
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:39:00 AM

I think it does not necessary follow. But if bitcoin dies, that means there is a serious problem with the rest of the cryptocurrency system because Bitcoin is on the top. That might mean the backlash of big supporters behind crypto. But who knows, another coin will save the crypto world and effectively replace bitcoin. Anyway, these are all pure speculation. No sight for any probability for this.
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:39:42 AM

I don't think that if bitcoin die,other coins die.They are independant from each other but that doesn't mean that the death of bitcoin won't affect them at all.
They will probably get a hard kick in price and pionners coin might die as well.

That's only my thought how ever I don't think bitcoin will die anyways.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: