Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:21:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe governments can stop bitcoin after all  (Read 11314 times)
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:13:51 AM

Maybe they could but it will be difficult... If a government decides to make trading or possessing Bitcoins illegal, questions will be raised about how exactly it will enforce such a ban. It is impossible for a government to seize your Bitcoins, unless you decide to handover your private keys. Bitcoin has no centre to attack. There is no single organisation or person that controls Bitcoin and transactions don't go through a central clearing house there is really no way a regulator can stop people from downloading Bitcoin wallets and sending each other bitcoins. If there we to block all the websites that people can download Bitcoin wallets from, new ones will come up and some people will compile their own wallets from source code - Bitcoin is like Bittorrent is that respect. If they shut down the internet, people will send each other Bitcoin via SMS and if they shut down the electricity supply, people will use solar and battery-powered solutions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:24:19 AM

The end of Bitcoin is really a possibility that could happen to it. Remember that government controls and regulates all the internet service providers in your country where they can limit and block certain sites and services that violates their law. One order to all the ISPs and it will really be the end of Bitcoin without you violating anything. Additionally all the exchanges recognized by that country can be shut down with their so called Police Power.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:51:22 AM

This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.
I think it can't be happen because most of the government in all counries are now interested to accept the bitcoin as their daily payment. My government has no plan to ban the bitcoin.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Shiller2009

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:20:41 AM

All countries can not simultaneously prohibit bitcoin. Many people who are in power also do not miss the chance to make money on bitcoin and can only use the ban for price correction.

mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:40:53 PM

I think that the government sees a threat in the bitcoin and can destroy it with the help of bad news and prohibition, but I do not think that they will do it because most of this kind of earnings is interesting.
yes the government can try to destroy the world of bitcoins not directly because they have no control over them but the can indirectly even try to destroy them by spreading rumors against them but fortunately bit coins has such blessing over people that they would not believe the government and just go with the bit coins because they have tested them and even have a strong faith in them
Kim Domingo

Activity: 208

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:53:44 PM

No, that's not gonna be happen. We all know that government was categorize in centralization system while Bitcoin was categorize in decentralization were obviously the government can't able to control bitcoin because of this wonderful and great features of bitcoin.

I dont think so, bitcoin in each country is still functional because governments allow this, lets accept it, governments have their guts to atop it but they didnt yet since nowadays they are reviewing its potentials and its future contributiona that they may give for the country. Governments are planning and discovering how can thia bitcoin thing can help them be more profitable and successful and thats true, they may not stop this since they also think that as a critical investors thay may also gain here.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:12:21 PM

This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.
In my own opinion, the government has really the power to stop bitcoin because they are the ones who controls and commands in a single country that's why there is a possible chance that they could shutdown bitcoin for good. But i hope bitcoin will not be banned or shutdown because bitcoin is a big help for me.
nguli

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:20:41 PM

could happen, it all depends on us how we use good or bad bitcoin.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:25:55 PM

I don’t think so, why would they ban bitcoin, it was technically developed for good purposes, it’s just that some people took advantage of it and misused it. Also, bitcoins market capital is going to surpass that of Apple’s ,so any country will not take such a risk by banning or declaring bitcoin illegal permanently.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Fatunad

Activity: 2212
Merit: 347

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:33:47 PM

No, that's not gonna be happen. We all know that government was categorize in centralization system while Bitcoin was categorize in decentralization were obviously the government can't able to control bitcoin because of this wonderful and great features of bitcoin.

I dont think so, bitcoin in each country is still functional because governments allow this, lets accept it, governments have their guts to atop it but they didnt yet since nowadays they are reviewing its potentials and its future contributiona that they may give for the country. Governments are planning and discovering how can thia bitcoin thing can help them be more profitable and successful and thats true, they may not stop this since they also think that as a critical investors thay may also gain here.
Knowing that there are different kind of government globally which we would able to say that decisions would really be different at all.As you speak some would consider and do still observe on what would be the contribution of bitcoin into their place and some would definitely react directly on its negative impacts or features this is why some of them decide to ban it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:28:08 PM

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are still illegal in many countries and most of them have made very strict law against it but still the community is growing day by day and the price too. Don't be scared mate these restrictions are for time being as they were in the past.
Now this tsunami of bitcoin users is unstoppable, all the efforts and conspiracies of government against the bitcoin and cryptocurrencies to make them devalue and unstable have failed.
streetlight

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:31:10 PM

OF course governments could stop Bitcoin, because they have the power to censor the internet.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:30:49 PM

I don't think that will happen. Take a look to Venezuela, even though bitcoin is not illegal there, most miners are being chased by the police and government, but they are still using it. I think that bitcoin can only be made illegal in countries that live in very strict regimes, but even if it gets illegal on many others, people will still use it anyway. For instance, I'm pretty sure that piracy is illegal in almost every country, and people still use torrents even if they don't have a license for what they are downloading. I guess it will be the same with bitcoin if it ever gets to that point. Although I don't think it will ever will.

buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:39:36 PM

I think it's really hard to stop people from using digital currency because of the ammount of platforms which provides you all of that functionality which relly hard to stop, i think using VPN and other services like that you can use digital currency

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
Kita Kita

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:42:25 PM

I think it will not happen because as we can see and observe, there are lots of bitcoin users, consumers and investors across the world that have been using bitcoin as a total currency that provides them benefits to cover their needs and wants. It is also impossible for the government to control the bitcoin cryptocurrency because bitcoin was known for being decentralized that make it apart from the government. If it will happen that government of different countries will totally ban bitcoin usage and exchanges, it will be a big chaos since people might do a rebellion to oppose such doing of the government that is against their will and rights to earn a decent income online.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:14:36 PM

Actually government can do that, as we observed now more countries are making this legal and the time will come that government will take controlled with bitcoin. Once it is abuse by the authorities, a big possibilities that it could affect bitcoin investors and crypto changers relationships with the government and war begin, possibilities that will it make crypto world down.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:29:05 PM

Maybe if bitcoins become a threat to their national currency and also their trading, then they may be able to ban cryptocurrencies. I don't know what's the deal with China making bitcoins illegal but from what I heard, bitcoins made their market weak. If this is so, then governments may ban CC as well.
May be you are right because they can be a threat for national currency which is not so much beneficial in the country’s interest. China has banned bitcoins in their country because bitcoins have weakened their economy as china has very large number of bitcoins investors. So governments may take action against bitcoins.
Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:40:53 AM

Actually the government can do it anytime, but of course they have special analysis and consideration so the government let bitcoin. if one day there is a special regulation about bitcoin, of course, aimed at protecting the regular currency.
Ayiranorea

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:48:43 AM

Actually the government can do it anytime, but of course they have special analysis and consideration so the government let bitcoin. if one day there is a special regulation about bitcoin, of course, aimed at protecting the regular currency.
I don't think governments can eradicate the usage of bitcoin, because in the past when certain countries banned bitcoin the users still had accessibility to the usage of bitcoin. I don't think that governments will focus much on banning rather than using it for effective functioning same as that used by Russia.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:01:48 AM

I don't think governments can eradicate the usage of bitcoin, because in the past when certain countries banned bitcoin the users still had accessibility to the usage of bitcoin. I don't think that governments will focus much on banning rather than using it for effective functioning same as that used by Russia.
government can not do anything ,they have to take proper notes of different economy,first of all cryptocurrency is decentralised and government cant control over it.yup price dumps we have seen due to recent ban on ico but its only new holder who got impatient of selling it and nothing else,back in 20110-2011 ,bitcoin was consider as illegal still price soar to great height.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: