ESFJ - 0 (0%)
ESTP - 1 (0.9%)
ISTP - 6 (5.2%)
ISFP - 2 (1.7%)
ESFP - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 115

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoiner Personality - MBTI/Keirsey Poll  (Read 16776 times)
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:12:52 PM

It says I'm an ESFP? I guess I shouldn't be here at all or perhaps here just for the entertainment value.

Thats right, everybody gots a role... now shut up and dance!  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mikcik

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:08:32 PM

I dont belive the personality changes a lot, you might think so, but just some mask or pretending...

you have to answer the questions honestly and subjectively. If you are dealing with people in a day to day basis (as a teacher or HR or PR person) you get use to it, and might even score as an extrovert, even when you are introverted. Just figure out every questions, if you are replying honestly and if it is really YOU that is replying and not the MASK person you might (have to?) put on at work, for your children, wife, friend, spouse etc. mistress.

you personality really doesnt change that lot, if yes, you are either psychopath or the above mentioned applies to you.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:25:51 PM

I dont belive the personality changes a lot, you might think so, but just some mask or pretending...

you have to answer the questions honestly and subjectively. If you are dealing with people in a day to day basis (as a teacher or HR or PR person) you get use to it, and might even score as an extrovert, even when you are introverted. Just figure out every questions, if you are replying honestly and if it is really YOU that is replying and not the MASK person you might (have to?) put on at work, for your children, wife, friend, spouse etc. mistress.

you personality really doesnt change that lot, if yes, you are either psychopath or the above mentioned applies to you.

The tests are kinda bogus anyway; the ultimate deciding force between two polar opposite people is a simple question of whether you like to keep your options open or prefer to stick with a plan, or whether your room is clean or messy, which anyone could potentially be either or.  The best approach is to understand all 8 cognitive functions and figure out where they really sit in your stack; I went months at a time thinking I was someone I wasn't Tongue

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 09:35:44 PM

Well this is not really good... anywhere where you have only one sort of people, there exists a propability of an error in the assumptions, their theories etc.

I see, and i thought so before even finding this thread, that a LOT of the people here are INTJs, and here it is... Its true...

I didnt read the thread yet, but maybe bitcoin might fail, because a lot of people here belive in it, and a lot of people here thinks in the same way, so theres a propability they might omit some big problem or threats bitcoin might face...

I for example really dont know why so many people can belive in bitcoin and not realize that it can be so simply banned by govs. If governments say so, the bitcoin price will fell drastically and its done... A lot of people as it seems here dont realize that fact... INTJ are often described as soliters not in touch with the majority, independent... So they might not see a terrible problem the bitcoin could face, as the authority of gov. is (which intjs tend to not respect a lot)...

what do you think about the probability of an error due to the same "psychological" type?

INTP and INTJ are needed to make things work. Others are needed to make things pretty and entertaining, and convince others to use it. We hope that others will use things because they work, not because they are pretty. I'm sure we can get some people to make bitcoin pretty when we need it, too.
As for governments banning bitcoin, hah! Of course we considered it. We just understand that it'll be as effective as banning Bittorrent. I.e. not very.
Mikcik

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:55:38 PM

The tests are kinda bogus anyway; the ultimate deciding force between two polar opposite people is a simple question of whether you like to keep your options open or prefer to stick with a plan, or whether your room is clean or messy, which anyone could potentially be either or.  The best approach is to understand all 8 cognitive functions and figure out where they really sit in your stack; I went months at a time thinking I was someone I wasn't Tongue

Really... i dont belive that.. just read the description of the type you got and tell yourself if it fits you, if yes, good, if not, read the other types description, which fits you the most...

I got one type and it was pretty accurate (intj), but i was quite close in the letter to the other, so i read the description also, and it was also quite true, but i still was more leaning towards the type i got in the first place.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:04:18 PM

ENFP here, looks like I'm in the minority  Grin

WiW (OP)

Activity: 277

"The public is stupid, hence the public will pay"

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:37:14 AM

Mmmmm... Bump!
stonerdyke

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:02:46 AM

I seem to be 1 of only 2 ISFP, this one paragraph stuck out the most as being pretty much all true:

ISFPs have a strong affinity for aesthetics and beauty. They're likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space. They value people who take the time to understand the ISFP, and who support the ISFP in pursuing their goals in their own, unique way. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 12:35:25 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 12:50:46 PM by Lethn

I tend to only get INTJ on those personality polls so I guess I'm that Tongue
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 12:49:31 PM

Did anyone get I S T X?  Shocked

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
WiW (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:10:00 AM

Did anyone get I S T X?  Shocked

I know of quite a few people who would argue that you can't be X between J and P...
WiW (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:37:10 AM

Updated dataset. The INTJ's have closed the gap on INTP's. *queue dramatic music*

This is an interesting forum to say the least. Well, if you're into MBTI...
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:00:45 AM

i'm INTP and i don't feel special at all. it's a small sample size, but damn, more than 60% of us are either INTP or INTJ.
elliwilli

Activity: 307

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:11:11 PM

Depending on the test i take i either get INTJ or ISTJ
Its odd, i think I'm somewhere between the two of them.

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:27:12 PM

I'm a Leo. Born in the year of the sheep

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:53:17 PM

You realize you're mixing Vedic astrology and Chinese astrology together, right? There is no Leo in Chinese astrology.

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:47:03 PM

You realize you're mixing Vedic astrology and Chinese astrology together, right? There is no Leo in Chinese astrology.

Decentralise all the mumbo-jumbos.

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:10:19 PM

Your test:

I S T X

Introversion (I):   9   
versus
Extroversion (E):   2

Sensing (S):   14   
versus
Intuition (N):   5

Thinking (T):   9   
versus
Feeling (F):   3

Judging (J):   5   
versus
Perceiving (P):   5

Here:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

ISTJ

So I think it is ISTX in fact
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:29:37 AM

Decentralise all the mumbo-jumbos.

Good answer. rofl

Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:01:27 PM

ENFP here, looks like I'm in the minority  Grin

+ 1 ENFP here

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄