Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:21:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CHAN] ChanCoin - Meme-Powered Crypto for Imageboards  (Read 28160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gossamer_socks (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:15:25 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2018, 01:16:06 AM by gossamer_socks

What is ChanCoin?
Chancoin was made by and for avid denizens of internet imageboards - so basically NEETs and weeaboos. Well, actually it was started by a guy trying to make a quick buck but he was kicked out and now its run by NEETs and weeaboos.

Specifications:

Name: ChanCoin
Symbol: CHAN
Algorithm: Nightcap
Block time: 2 minutes
Halving: every 210,000 blocks
Total supply:  30,000,000 (3 million premine burned)
P2P Port: 19117
RPC Port: 19118

Community:

Discord: https://discord.gg/wCA5wN5
Twitter: https://twitter.com/chancoindev
Block Explorer: http://chancoin.info

Binaries:

Source code: https://github.com/chancoin-core/chancoin
Windows wallet (64 bit): https://github.com/Chancoin-core/CHANCOIN/releases/tag/v0.15.6.0
Windows wallet (32 bit) : build pending - ain't you got a 64 bit machine?  Cool
macOS wallet: Ugh someone remind me to build this shit again **

** macOS binary may still be suffering from a crash bug - if so please let us know!

Miners:
https://github.com/Chancoin-core/sgminer
https://github.com/mangofusi/ccminer/tree/nightcap

Chrome/Firefox extension for tipping on 4chan:
https://github.com/VladimirPewtin/CHANCOIN-TippingExtension/releases

Exchanges:

NovaExchange: https://novaexchange.com/
Cryptopia: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=CHAN_BTC <-- Market currently on hold - ask them to respond to our e-mails Cheesy
FreiExchange: http://freiexchange.com/

Mining pools:

http://pool.signal2noi.se/

Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbYMdo_YM2I

New Roadmap Forthcoming.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gossamer_socks (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:24:49 PM

Hooray, thanks Skirmant for creating the new ANN thread - I can confirm this is the new cool place to be for ChanCoin (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧
olkah

Activity: 1484
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:38:58 PM

Dev pool Huh!!!
surinserver

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:52:24 PM

New Pool Server In Thailand

http://www.ssvpool.com

Name ChanCoin

all everything OK

pay out OK

Happly Miner

SSVPOOL : http://ssvpool.ddns.net Miner Pool Thailand
informixx

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:59:14 PM

Our new HOME.

Thanks. But can you use the new Logo. Even we like all!

Great JOB-.
gossamer_socks (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:21:48 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2018, 12:49:43 AM by gossamer_socks

Hey there - I'm currently the lead of the dev team for ChanCoin - the much-maligned and often-doxxed Gossamer Socks. Since the project began in August, I've spent most of my time primarily as a community manager and project coordinator - although I'd initially hoped to fill the role of platform API developer and infrastructure engineer.

I wanted to take the time to make a post to outline 1) the project's current status, 2) The actual history of the coin, in broad strokes 3) my current priorities and those for the immediate future. Not in that order, necessarily.

A Brief History of ChanCoin and the Forkageddon

ChanCoin was started by a pseudonymous channer from Australia who went by the name CHANCOIN. He posted an ANN thread and a thread on 4chan's /biz/ which garnered some hype - quickly the discord linked to from the post was full of users, people were downloading the wallet and CPU mining. It took some time before it was determined that the coin had a 30% pre-mine - 9 million out of a total 30 million coins. The founder claimed this would go towards development, and did indeed hand out coins liberally to the first few people to 'join the dev team'. The details of this period will be covered more deeply in a post-mortem on the Forkageddon which will be written as times allows and will include (hopefully) forensic analysis of the old and new blockchains. I should also mention that at this time, the founder 'accidentally' sent 500,000 coins to a random person. This person became known as 'the stranger' over time.

Several qualified developers joined the team - most were given some number of coins after joining. Airdrops occurred daily in the discord and a functional userscript allowed users to tip one another for posts on 4chan. The founder worked quickly to get us onto multiple exchanges, however he was generally unavailable to discuss anything with the development team.

Fast forward about a month. Due to community feedback, 1/3 of the pre-mine (3 million coins) have been verifiably burned. The dev team and community agree that an additional 3 million should be burned and that the remaining coins be kept in a multi-sig and used for community projects and developer remuneration. At this point, devs became suspicious, as the founder (who by now was going by the name 'Andy') claimed to have only 1.2 million coins. The devs knew this to be untrue based on the number of pre-mine coins which had been distributed to them.

At about the same time, prominent community members began to notice unusual activity on the blockchain - someone was moving large amounts of coins from wallet to wallet, seemingly in an attempt to manually tumble them. When Andy was asked about this by one community member, he said he was 'testing' wallet upgrades. But who tests wallet upgrades by sending 1.2 million coins on the main net from one wallet to three others in chuns of 400k each?

The developers met with the aforementioned community members and decided unanimously to fork the coin, freezing Andy's funds so that he could not dump them, wiping out the value of countless people's portfolios.

We worked for several days to update the wallet, adding in a list of unspent transaction outputs which we knew to be Andy's. We modified the wallet so that these coins were 'frozen' and would not be valid for use in transactions. We then emailed the exchanges with background on the situation, asking them to immediately halt trading and to update their wallets.

It took exchanges time on the order of weeks to cease trading. During this time, Andy was able to apply massive hashing power to the old chain to catch up to the new chain and surpass it - and since the exchanges were still running the old wallet, he could then dump as many funds as he liked into exchange wallets, where there was nothing anyone could do to prevent him from dumping them. And dump them he did.

Subsequent to this he did reach out and give us control over a few accounts holding a little more than 1.2 million coins. Thanks to this, we have been able to remunerate the losses suffered by his double-spending of coins. Cryptopia's remuneration is complete, and we are currently working with Nova Exchange to ensure that all user coins are accounted for.

Current Status

As I mentioned, we are still working with nova to resume trading and remunerate them for coins lost. Beyond this, a couple of my next priorities for this project include:

• Adding a dedicated testnet to the chancoin.org domain and (later on) providing a Docker container which can be used to develop against the testnet
  • Adding sections to our website for community procedures and standards, as well as a section for contributors on getting started
  • The aforementioned post-mortem

Recently we've had some really cool projects come to light - a dubs bot for threads on 4chan's /biz/ board, a tipping bot for use in our discord and a packaged chrome extension which allows users to tip using CHAN on 4chan. This extension is compatible with 4ChanX. I'll let the creators of those projects describe them more fully here and in other relevant documentation.

Please let us know if there are questions - a lot of insane nonsensical FUD has been spread about this project, and I myself have been harassed in meatspace a great deal.  I will close with a message to the troglodytes who've been maligning me of late, courtesy of good old Rudyard Kipling...

If you can keep your head when all about you;
 Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
 But make allowance for their doubting too.
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
 Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
 And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
 Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
 If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
 With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
 And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Translation for the haters - Bite me Smiley

Thanks,
Gossamer Socks
Captain Attings

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:33:25 AM

As a long time member of the ChanCoin community I can verify gossamer sock's story and vouch for his good character. It baffles me that there are people who knows the truth of this who would take time out of their day to create internet aliases and tell lies aimed at hurting gossamer's reputation and the ChanCoin project.

I beseech anyone who is interested in the ChanCoin project to join the community and make your own research.
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:10:44 PM

sounds really good, it looks like I've found a thread about chankoin, is this a new thread or update? I really like the concept, and I am very interesting to join the community, but I will see the progress of this project first, good luck
informixx

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:51:09 PM

Gossamer Socks and the other DEVS are the really true heros of 4CHN. Without then, we would be just another PumpandDump Shit.

All community in DISCORD, is CRAZY and fantastic. I enjoy all. You can make profits with this coin, but you can also have different joy in cryptotrading. :FUN.

We will see what comes next. Dont expect Zillions to earn, but enjoy investing 50 to 200 Dollars. Keep it.

devrobot

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:19:45 PM

It took exchanges time on the order of weeks to cease trading. During this time, Andy was able to apply massive hashing power to the old chain to catch up to the new chain and surpass it - and since the exchanges were still running the old wallet, he could then dump as many funds as he liked into exchange wallets, where there was nothing anyone could do to prevent him from dumping them. And dump them he did.

So what about the people who bought those dumped coins, which are deleted in the fork? They are in the exchanges now, unless they get reimbursed, the users won't see the coins that they paid for.
Is there a plan to repay the exchanges?
coolindark
Legendary

Activity: 959
Merit: 1037

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 04:27:18 PM

I personaly support 4CHN dev team, just join to Chancoin Discord; you will understand why just in minutes.

Remember, only altcoins with active devs go to the moon! Chancoin damaged too much with excessive dump, DEV team spent their nearly all premine to rescue traders in Cryptopia and Nova (still ongoing), even in this shitty situation and under Andy's heavy manipulation they work on coin development.

Stick with 4CHN, it will be much more better.

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔ
adarwis

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:43:20 PM

this coin seems promising, so far enough development for me, and not a bad idea to invest in this project, first I will bokmark while continuing to see the development of this thread, good luck
SteamOctanePool

Activity: 84

sopool.us - One of the fastest pools!

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 05:01:08 PM

SOpool.us (Formerly SteamOctanePool.com) has added 4CHN, only 0.25% fee!

Mine on one of the fastest most reliable pools on the net!  We are hosted the top cloud platform, with built in DDOS resistance!

Use your wallet address as your username, and c=4CHN as your password.

No Registration required.  Rewards will be sent to your address every 5 hours!

Example config below

Code:
-a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://sopool.us:3433 -u [color=blue]CVAzjK4GqxkTgwk1Krpezhts4fUZbxnFN4[/color] -p [color=limegreen]c=4CHN [/color]

Donation Address: CVAzjK4GqxkTgwk1Krpezhts4fUZbxnFN4

Sopool.us - High performance cloud pool | DDOS Protection | Auto Load Scaling | Pool build & hosting services | Node Hosting Service | Need a pool for your favorite coin?  PM us and let us know about it!
novhitadaloma

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:04:07 PM

actually what concept are you stretcher? and what are your advantages compared to other projects. may be a consideration for me to infest.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 07:01:06 PM

Can i mine this coin on CPU? I don't know how to mine with pools. Can someone share a windows working miner?
coolindark
Legendary

Activity: 959
Merit: 1037

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 08:57:36 PM

Can i mine this coin on CPU? I don't know how to mine with pools. Can someone share a windows working miner?

Well, you can but it will not give you any coin... You should use at least one good GPU. But 4CHN is a scrypt coin. Thats why they best option is ASIC miner.

gossamer_socks (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:26:05 PM

Update on Exchanges

We're still working with Nova Exchange, whose support staff have been very professional. We're currently waiting on a large transfer out of Cryptopia into Nova which has been delayed - Cryptopia's support is on the case. Once that transfer is done we'll fill in the last bit with one or two more transactions to get their wallet's balance squared away. I hope this'll happen this week, but it's all up to Cryptopia really.

TradeSatoshi has abruptly de-listed us without giving customers any chance to withdraw coins - I've addressed this issue to them directly on their discord server and am currently awaiting a reply. I just learned today about the de-listing - I've been waiting for a reply to an e-mail from them since 8/22, shortly after Cryptopia re-opened (and long after TradeSatoshi had stopped responding to my support ticket about the hard fork). Here is the e-mail exchange in full:

From them to me:

Hi there.

We saw 4chn has been starting trading on cryptopia and also deposits / withdrawals are active.

What kind of solution did you have with them?

Will you credit the missing coins to us if we put our wallet online?

If we cant find a solution to bring back 4chn on tradesatoshi then we will need to find a solution to refund user founds and de list the coin.

Thanks

Then from me to them, on 8/26:

Hello there,

Our solution with them was the same one which we outlined in our original communication.

Have you upgraded your wallet? If so, what Is the difference between coin holder totals and the amount in your wallet?

We want to ensure that legitimate customers are remunerated with coins, however since you allowed deposits for much longer after the fork began, we may need to determine which transactions would have been impossible had you heeded our message and closed the markets/upgraded the wallets at the appropriate time rather than waiting and allowing double spendable coins to enter your wallets.

Let me know,
Gossamer

Finally, from me to them _again_ on 9/17:

Good afternoon,

We still have not heard back from you as to whether you have upgraded your wallet to the newest version and whether you have a total number of coins which need to be credited to your wallet to make up for losses caused by double-spending?

Sincerely,
Gossamer Socks
Chancoin Dev Team

Anyhow, we're trying to get them to allow withdrawals for a period of time, and to tell us exactly what that period of time will be. In any event, we don't want to be traded on TS anymore - they're simply not reliable or reputable.

Other crap

We've got a few community projects that have come together lately - the extension has been packaged as a proper extension (no more greasemonkey!) and can be found here - https://github.com/VladimirPewtin/CHANCOIN-TippingExtension

We've got a bot on our discord that tips posts on 4chan's /biz/ board for users who have their address in their name field, prefixed by '$4CHN' - I believe each instance of dubs gets 2 coins at present. We also have a bot on our discord that allows discord users to tip one another.

Our wallet developer is working on some new features, including DGW. I've been fiddling with some more discord bot stuff and the PoC for the third party API/wallet stuff - but obviously that's taken a backseat to fixing exchangeageddon.

Thats all for now Smiley
gossamer_socks (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:32:58 AM

Update on TradeSatoshi

I have to apologize to TradeSatoshi's admin Kim for being a rude asshole - both here and on their discord. I found my way to their discord earlier this evening thanks to our community member alexgreen, and after going off on their admin, we worked out that it was a communication breakdown - he may not have received all the emails I sent. I wanted to extend my apologies here as well for the public record.

On the upside, we are now actively working with Tradesatoshi to restore any missing coins and reopen trade.
Bitinator

Activity: 746
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:56:17 PM

Change the coin name to fuckall coin cuz you faggots ban people for no reason in the discord you are all a bunch of horrible devs When you forked the coin you did not even bother to implement DGW wich is so freaking simple ive done it 3 times myself wtf is your deal! Why you fucking off so hard? Get your shit together! You singlehandedly tore the existing community apart and only left pussys in your safe space discord server!! Might as well just be Tumblr coin or reddit coin you fucking fags! This is litterally a easy ass coin to develop and you have done a shit job! In any developers hands this coin would have been successful! You incompetent losers need to get your shit straight you have done way more damage in the past 3 weeks than andy ever did! Wtf is yout deal I hope you all fail harder than you already have!

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
gossamer_socks (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:09:19 AM

Change the coin name to fuckall coin cuz you faggots ban people for no reason in the discord you are all a bunch of horrible devs When you forked the coin you did not even bother to implement DGW wich is so freaking simple ive done it 3 times myself wtf is your deal! Why you fucking off so hard? Get your shit together! You singlehandedly tore the existing community apart and only left pussys in your safe space discord server!! Might as well just be Tumblr coin or reddit coin you fucking fags! This is litterally a easy ass coin to develop and you have done a shit job! In any developers hands this coin would have been successful! You incompetent losers need to get your shit straight you have done way more damage in the past 3 weeks than andy ever did! Wtf is yout deal I hope you all fail harder than you already have!

lmao dude - we reset our ban list a while ago - you probably got banned by accident. Instead of freaking out like a child, you could've mentioned it here and gotten un-banned (like some other BCT regulars were). But your jimmies appear to be too rustled for that.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: