Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:18:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin7 - Official letter, following first week of operation  (Read 16300 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 07:42:31 AM

Still nothing from Dwolla I am afraid. We hoped to clear the issue by the end of the week, it seems they won't be able to. And I am not sure if they will work through the weekend...  Cry
What exactly is the issue ? Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chris (Bitcoin7.com)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 08:56:37 AM

They are doing some kind of verification of our account.
We suspect it may be connected to our short start and the amount of deposits we received.
As far as I know from the community same thing happen to Mtgox and TH at a certain point.
Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 10:20:21 AM

@Tronlet,  That's been addressed and beat to death on different threads. Please seek them out and review.

I looked through both Bitcoin7's post history and Chris's, but unfortunately I couldn't find any addressing of the subject. They may have addressed it while using different accounts, but there are literally thousands of posts about Bitcoin7, so instead of just making this claim could you link to some of these posts where the matter was resolved to at least some degree?

finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:09:26 PM

@Tronlet,  That's been addressed and beat to death on different threads. Please seek them out and review.

I looked through both Bitcoin7's post history and Chris's, but unfortunately I couldn't find any addressing of the subject. They may have addressed it while using different accounts, but there are literally thousands of posts about Bitcoin7, so instead of just making this claim could you link to some of these posts where the matter was resolved to at least some degree?

You're asking me to use the search function for you? I'm satisfied, you are not. I would suggest to you that if you have some great moral dilemma to just let it go and go trade on Mt Gox. After they open. That is as long as you have no moral issue with them.

And I do also hope that you cancel your cable tv. All the shameless advertisements. How the cable companies can accept payment from these corporations to promote their products when you just wanted to watch Jersey Shores or whatever the hell people watch these days. And one other thing, grow up. I doubt you even pay the cable bill.

Disclosure: cancelled my cable 3 years ago.
finack

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:31:58 PM

Question: Did you really offer to pay one of the bitcoin developers to say you were a better exchange than Mt. Gox?
Waldschrat

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:40:02 PM

btw: I hate to be a grammer Nazi but shouldn't it say "How does it work?" instead of "How it works?" on the frontpage? Wink

Bind

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:09:35 PM

Question: Did you really offer to pay one of the bitcoin developers to say you were a better exchange than Mt. Gox?

Of course they did, and they are completely ignoring the demands to comment on it. They comment on everything else but that.

why would the bitcoin developers lie ?

You all constantly strive to oust and prevent scammers, and you have one here staring you in the face.

Avoid BitCoin7 Like the plague.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:23:13 PM

They should negate all commission signups on those people who frauded the forum with fake "get your free bitcoins here!" threads.  That would make me happy lol.
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:02:57 PM

Of course they did, and they are completely ignoring the demands to comment on it. They comment on everything else but that.

why would the bitcoin developers lie ?

You all constantly strive to oust and prevent scammers, and you have one here staring you in the face.

Avoid BitCoin7 Like the plague.

Why should they address that on this thread? It's been covered on different threads and those who received messages (including myself) from B7 to promote them have mostly disclosed what the details were.

If you took the time to read those threads (which I see you haven't because I dare say, you are lazy, the lot of you who keep revisiting this) you would see that it's more of a perception by the individual as to whether or not it's right or wrong.

Without delving too deeply into it I would also daresay that most of you don't know what a proper "ethic" is and what makes it an ethic. And there's a fine line between ethics and cultural differences. Some cultures would not even consider promoting your service without some type of kickback. Indeed, they would be offended.

I'll say this for the record, anyone who comes in here on their high horse of morality is a hypocrite. Every single one of you. Each and everyone. Not one person, myself included, lives their lives to the highest ethical potential.

He who has not sinned may cast the first stone.

Now STFU! And of course trolls keep trollin'. What else can you do?
Tronlet

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 10:47:03 PM

Finn, you're missing the point. Bitcoin7 is assuming a facade of innocence and offering excuses and apologies for all the mistakes they made, yet mysteriously skipping over this one. We're just asking for an official response, maybe an apology or perhaps some explanation.

From your first post, I thought you were actually saying they had provided this, although now I see you were simply saying that the point had been discussed? Of course it's been discussed, to no end, but that doesn't change the fact that Bitcoin7 hasn't yet provided a statement as they have for all other mishaps.

oh u.

finnthecelt

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:18:38 PM

Finn, you're missing the point. Bitcoin7 is assuming a facade of innocence and offering excuses and apologies for all the mistakes they made, yet mysteriously skipping over this one. We're just asking for an official response, maybe an apology or perhaps some explanation.

From your first post, I thought you were actually saying they had provided this, although now I see you were simply saying that the point had been discussed? Of course it's been discussed, to no end, but that doesn't change the fact that Bitcoin7 hasn't yet provided a statement as they have for all other mishaps.

oh u.

Well aren't you super sleuth.....

chuckypalumbo

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:26:38 PM

They are doing some kind of verification of our account.
We suspect it may be connected to our short start and the amount of deposits we received.
As far as I know from the community same thing happen to Mtgox and TH at a certain point.

Thanks for the update, I'm sticking with Dwolla as my main way of moving funds around, hopefully this clears up soon so I can start trading at bitcoin7 ASAP Smiley
Tronlet

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:55:10 PM

Well aren't you super sleuth.....
finns gonna finn

Anyway, back to point.

I was considering taking a leap of faith and trading in small amounts with you anyway, Bitcoin7, due to some of your features.

There isn't going to be much chance of this happening with me or other users who have heard of the bribing until we get an official statement. An apology would boost your userbase.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:58:36 PM

8. Do you really store values in floats?
Yes we did. Now we don't. By the time of our launch we kept most of the data with greater accuracy in integer format. However there were parts which used floats to preserve data. After some sleepless hours we rewrote everything which was stored as float. We can't show any extract of the DB or code as this could compromise our security. We hope, admitting our initial mistake and making up for it asap, would be enough for you to trust us on this matter.

Thanks for that one, that was my main concern (amongst some pure interface things, like displaying in my opinion too few digits after the decimal seperator).

About the thing of offering money for a recommendation:
Srsly, get over it guys! They are not native english, and were probably in a hurry too, so it might have likely come across far more offensive/direct than intended.

Finally a useful european Bitcoin Exchange! Smiley
If they are really secure and trustworthy, only time will tell - but for the beginning, I'm happy.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Tronlet

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 12:11:32 AM

Srsly, get over it guys! They are not native english, and were probably in a hurry too, so it might have likely come across far more offensive/direct than intended.

If they are really secure and trustworthy, only time will tell - but for the beginning, I'm happy.
No, you're absolutely right. I'm not denying that businesses do this kind of stuff all the time, and while it may seem illegitimate to me it doesn't mean the entire thing is a scam.

What I and others are saying is that we would like at least some mention, instead of them pretending that those messages they sent do not exist. This is making situations worse.

I actually created a Bitcoin7 account and got all the way to the steps of depositing money before I thought "Ehhh, actually I'm gonna wait until they get around to issuing a statement or some kind of acknowledgement for those weird messages they sent." so I'm not trying to just bash them endlessly.

I would like as many options in the Bitcoin world as possible so I'd love for them to be legit, but I'm not going to trust them in this situation. It's made worse that they've been so open and apologetic about everything else but haven't mentioned this at all.

Does this really have to be a discussion? They did something shady, users would like an answer. If other users do not feel an answer is needed, they don't have to ask, but it's not doing you any harm if we're trying to get B7 to own up. Tongue

finnthecelt

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 12:49:56 AM

No, you're absolutely right. I'm not denying that businesses do this kind of stuff all the time, and while it may seem illegitimate to me it doesn't mean the entire thing is a scam.

What I and others are saying is that we would like at least some mention, instead of them pretending that those messages they sent do not exist. This is making situations worse.

I actually created a Bitcoin7 account and got all the way to the steps of depositing money before I thought "Ehhh, actually I'm gonna wait until they get around to issuing a statement or some kind of acknowledgement for those weird messages they sent." so I'm not trying to just bash them endlessly.

I would like as many options in the Bitcoin world as possible so I'd love for them to be legit, but I'm not going to trust them in this situation. It's made worse that they've been so open and apologetic about everything else but haven't mentioned this at all.

Does this really have to be a discussion? They did something shady, users would like an answer. If other users do not feel an answer is needed, they don't have to ask, but it's not doing you any harm if we're trying to get B7 to own up. Tongue

Tronlet you are officially under suspicion for being a troll. You just won't let it die. YOU sound like the shady one with an agenda.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 12:58:58 AM

I personally value private conversations a lot and am far more upset about the fact that some people here seem to have used direct quotes from or even posted full PMs in public than what was written in this text.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
buttcoin

Activity: 116

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 01:20:29 AM

Dammit! There's goes my idea for Bitcoin8.com!

Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 01:52:58 AM

dwolla transfer into B7 yesterday took less than 1 minute, I'm serious.
i expected to wait 8-24 hours like the others, it was less than 1 minute, seemed "almost instant" takes longer to get BC confirmed than it did to get money in.

You guys can talk as much shit as you want,
but when it comes to people doing shit right, how shit is supposed to work,
you can't really beat that.
chuckypalumbo

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 01:55:37 AM

dwolla transfer into B7 yesterday took less than 1 minute, I'm serious.
i expected to wait 8-24 hours like the others, it was less than 1 minute, seemed "almost instant" takes longer to get BC confirmed than it did to get money in.

You guys can talk as much shit as you want,
but when it comes to people doing shit right, how shit is supposed to work,
you can't really beat that.

Dwolla transfer? They aren't currently accepting Dwolla transfers...............maybe you meant libery reserve?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: