Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:52:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ALL Altcoins keep TANKING like big brother bitcoin??  (Read 718 times)
muenze (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:11:24 PM

Would have thought some altcoin can profit from bitcoin going from $5000 to $4200 but NOPE.

Thats dissapointing.

So whats the point of Altcoin? If Bitcoin goes to $1000 (it wont) all altcoin will drop even more?

On a sidenote, its a good thing china, russia and US bans Icos. Because this means all coins that are already out will be the last coins we ever get, the whole world will have to function with all the coins already out. No more new ones.

So all coins should go to $5000 now. I hope Dogecoin first.

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HPC1984

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:43:37 PM

Couple of things:

- Not all the altcoins have gone down. Big ones yes, but that's not too surprising. A lot of others have jumped, check the charts.

- And coins don't require an ICO to be created, so it's far from the end of new coins. ICO's are just a way to either fund development or run away with free
cash at Day 1 ;-P

So what I'm saying is not to be too disheartened by the recent announcement.
BMG86

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:53:00 PM

Couple of things:

- Not all the altcoins have gone down. Big ones yes, but that's not too surprising. A lot of others have jumped, check the charts.

- And coins don't require an ICO to be created, so it's far from the end of new coins. ICO's are just a way to either fund development or run away with free
cash at Day 1 ;-P

So what I'm saying is not to be too disheartened by the recent announcement.

Its just ridiculous how the government disrupts everything. There's no such thing as a free market anymore. This whole world is controlled by the central banks. They'll continue to do everything in their power to shut the crypto world down.
without

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

Crypto Enthusiast and Software Developer

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:02:00 PM

The world is run by money, but its understandable that China banned ICO's. There are too many fraudulent coins surging in China, lots of people have no insight to Cryptocurrencies and will buy anything following the hype. A certain regulation, from my point of view, would also stabilize the markets. ICO can still have the same profit ranges but less scams around... Many people also believe ICO's are like IPO's  ...
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:40:09 PM

Would have thought some altcoin can profit from bitcoin going from $5000 to $4200 but NOPE.

Thats dissapointing.

So whats the point of Altcoin? If Bitcoin goes to $1000 (it wont) all altcoin will drop even more?

On a sidenote, its a good thing china, russia and US bans Icos. Because this means all coins that are already out will be the last coins we ever get, the whole world will have to function with all the coins already out. No more new ones.

Why you mentioned DOGE first, doge has a very very low price comparing to those others that are in the top of coinmarketcap. Unfortunately the price or saying the exchange rate of altcoins is very linked/depended from the bitcoin price, that's why they are named as altcoin as another coin from the bitcoin. The ICO ban can not stop completely the altcoin because people are able to buy that coin even after the ICO because people will sell in private if that coin is not listed in exchanges yet.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:19:26 PM

Thats dissapointing.

All of them banned the coin but there is no anything can do by them for the ico that already issued to the market, i can say that just give a little impact. A lot of people around the world are using the bitcoin and crypto to make a transaction in this time.
muenze (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:42:35 PM

i check market many times today and all top100 went down except japanese MonaCoin.

there was unknown peepcoin going up 4000% on a 200$ order.......lol so i still stand 99% altcoins went down, 30% of value destroyed.

only safe heaven i saw is mona. so if bigger crash comes i would wonder where people go? mona again maybe?

its rumoured to be by satoshi but who knows.. rise rose too which i thought was funny.

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
muenze (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:49:27 AM

how can any altcoin ever replace bitcoin ? when they fall with btc? like waves Sad

Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:37:39 AM

how can any altcoin ever replace bitcoin ? when they fall with btc? like waves Sad
Don't think it's remotely possible to find anything to replace BTC in the current sphere. However, complimenting and coexisting - like WAVES - it very much possible
muenze (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:54:05 AM

Don't think it's remotely possible to find anything to replace BTC in the current sphere. However, complimenting and coexisting - like WAVES - it very much possible

Waves has Burgerking, Gazprombank (which is partly owned by Gazprom), Government support, real life use (exchange, FIAT), is an independant platform... Was mentioned in a lot of media like even BBC. Can be used by any large company to build customer relationship currency/points and so many other things... I dont get why even WAVES it would tank with Bitcoin.

Still Bitcoin can go to $1000 and Waves will be by $0.20 then ....

This market crash tells me: All these coins which go down now have 0 intrinsic value in its own. It IS as critiques say just a bubble. It IS in part because many Altcoins (and even Bitcoin) are completely RIDICULOUS. See Paypal? You go to the website of Paypal and it will ask you to create an account, 1 minute later you have an account and use it.

With Coins you first need to start researching how to create the wallet, where to buy, some dont even tell you how to simply create an address+key which SHOULD just be do-able with just 1 click... But its not.. They make potential investors jump thru hoops and throw sticks and stones in their way. I wonder what the conversions are, I can perfectly imagine out of 500 visitors to Altcoin homepages, 1 becomes a coin owner.. Thats insanity.

seriousbusiness

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

ARCBLOCK - Born for Blockchain 3.0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:23:39 AM

Waves has Burgerking, Gazprombank (which is partly owned by Gazprom), Government support, real life use (exchange, FIAT), is an independant platform... Was mentioned in a lot of media like even BBC. Can be used by any large company to build customer relationship currency/points and so many other things... I dont get why even WAVES it would tank with Bitcoin.

Still Bitcoin can go to $1000 and Waves will be by $0.20 then ....

This market crash tells me: All these coins which go down now have 0 intrinsic value in its own. It IS as critiques say just a bubble. It IS in part because many Altcoins (and even Bitcoin) are completely RIDICULOUS. See Paypal? You go to the website of Paypal and it will ask you to create an account, 1 minute later you have an account and use it.

With Coins you first need to start researching how to create the wallet, where to buy, some dont even tell you how to simply create an address+key which SHOULD just be do-able with just 1 click... But its not.. They make potential investors jump thru hoops and throw sticks and stones in their way. I wonder what the conversions are, I can perfectly imagine out of 500 visitors to Altcoin homepages, 1 becomes a coin owner.. Thats insanity.

Thats why this is the best moment to buy altcoins/BTC and hodle them. In the future it will be a lot easier to buy and manage your coins. This is still the beginning. Never forget this.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:06:13 AM

sometimes there aren't any answers to any "why" questions.
sometimes it is more than enough just to know IS happening instead of WHY it is happening.

and the thing here is that when bitcoin tanks, altcoins tank harder. that is enough to have in mind in order to make profit in this market.

So whats the point of Altcoin?
to get pumped and dumped so that people can earn more bitcoin from trading them.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Drizzlepistol

Activity: 134

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:45:16 AM

because bitcoin is king. no one can go over than king!

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
muenze (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:25:24 PM

So whats the point of Altcoin?
to get pumped and dumped so that people can earn more bitcoin from trading them.

Yeah but as this little "crash" showed, your statement is wrong. People rather went to cash.
Both the "Only Bitcoin" and the Altcoin sides. They rather got $$$ because no coin
had any gains.

Of course its still a small crash if its over, and coins generally have risen strongly,
and will continue to rise, and some altcoins will even get *50 still or *100.

But there is no true winner, except Monacoin which kept rising despite everything
else crashing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: