Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:44:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Radiation Free Air-Tube Headphones  (Read 5148 times)
ukuna (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:59:22 PM

Anti-Radiation stereo headset offers 100% protection
against EMF and RF radiation. High quality speaker and
microphone deliver excellent sound quality.

Bitcoins accepted

http://www.ukuna.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
piit79

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:12:12 PM

Jesus F. Christ. You think anybody here will go for this crap? I certainly hope not.
ukuna (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:16:58 PM

@ piit79
it's not crap.. so worry about yourself
piit79

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:19:49 PM

Quote from: www.ukuna.com
...but also gives you the maximum protection from any harmful radiation reaching your brain!

Yeah, right.

You know what? They actually look quite cool. I just don't understand why use the false advertising.
ukuna (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:24:39 PM

@ piit79

excuse me! what are u talking about?
what is your bases for "false advertising"?
what is your problem?
piit79

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:27:18 PM

excuse me! what are u talking about?
what is your bases for "false advertising"?
what is your problem?

What radiation is it protecting from that ordinary headset isn't? That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, I do not mean to troll. I'm just allergic to baseless claims.
vitalemontea

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:33:59 PM

Everything have radiation. Even if this earphone somehow absorbed it, it really wouldn't make any difference.
Earphones don't particularly emit more radiation, say than your hand or that chair next to you.
ukuna (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:34:37 PM

@ piit79

look. it does.
if you would have read the product description, you would have known what it does.
It purpose is to save your head from mobile radiation (i guess you need one Wink )
I have sold many of those.
Zero return.
Nobody returned it!!
vitalemontea

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:37:19 PM

@ piit79

look. it does.
if you would have read the product description, you would have known what it does.
It purpose is to save your head from mobile radiation (i guess you need one Wink )
I have sold many of those.
Zero return.
Nobody returned it!!
You can justify it any way you want but it is as useless as DVD rewinder.
ukuna (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:44:49 PM

@ vitalemontea

look, friend, i am not here to justify anything. especially to people who haven't done any research!
this product is not for you or piit79
this product is for intelligent people only. people who care about themselves and know what they want
so, don't waste your time with it..look for something suitable for you
it is a free world after all  Cool
vitalemontea

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:54:36 PM

this product is for intelligent people only.
it's for dumb people bro
BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:09:08 PM

I think what you are saying is "By using this set of earbuds, you will not expose yourself to the radiation which you would expose yourself if you held a cellphone up to your face or used a Bluetooth transmitter that was stuffed in your ear".  The FCC and whoever else approves those levels of radiation to be within permissible limits, but the International Agency for Research on Cancer classifies the relevant Electromagnetic Field (EMF) radiation as possibly carcinogenic.  The FCC has also decided to review its assessment scale to decide whether the ratings should be changed.  The current standard is < 1.6 Watts per kilogram (averaged over one gram of tissue).

The FCC has also addressed the specific question of "DO "HANDS-FREE" EAR PIECES FOR MOBILE PHONES REDUCE EXPOSURE TO RF EMISSIONS?  WHAT ABOUT MOBILE PHONE ACCESSORIES THAT CLAIM TO SHIELD THE HEAD FROM RF RADIATION?

On that point:

Quote from: FCC Office of Engineering and Technology
"Hands-free" kits with ear pieces can be used with cell phones for convenience and comfort.  In addition, because the phone, which is the source of the RF emissions, will not be placed against the head, absorption of RF energy in the head will be reduced.  Therefore, it is true that use of an ear piece connected to a mobile phone will significantly reduce the rate of energy absorption (or "SAR") in the user's head.  On the other hand, if the phone is mounted against the waist or other part of the body during use, then that part of the body will absorb RF energy.  Even so, mobile phones marketed in the U.S. are required to meet safety limit requirements regardless of whether they are used against the head or against the body.  So either configuration should result in compliance with the safety limit.  Note that hands-free devices using “Bluetooth” technology also include a wireless transmitter; however, the Bluetooth transmitter operates at a much lower power than the cell phone.

A number of devices have been marketed that claim to "shield" or otherwise reduce RF absorption in the body of the user.  Some of these devices incorporate shielded phone cases, while others involve nothing more than a metallic accessory attached to the phone.  Studies have shown that these devices generally do not work as advertised.  In fact, they may actually increase RF absorption in the head due to their potential to interfere with proper operation of the phone, thus forcing it to increase power to compensate.

Anyway - I'm going to come out as stating this as a simple fact: These headphones are not capable of blocking radiation.  They are however capable of preventing exposure to radiation to your brain at close range from the use of cellphone directly, pressed against your head.  If you want to use a headset for that purpose, then these headphones will block your exposure to that radiation at a rate that is precisely equal to any other wired headset.  Maybe marginally more if they are EMF shielded at a greater-than-average rate - but it is up to you to decide whether you are concerned about cellphone radiation in the first place, and whether any tech used in this particular headset "shields" any more radiation than any other set of headphones.

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
tabbek

Activity: 116

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:50:22 PM

It's the same type of tech that they use in headphones they put on you to communicate with you in say, an MRI or CT scan, where having a magnet, or anything else metallic wouldnt work.  The sound is delivered to the ear by way of tube conducting the soundwaves from a speaker located away from the ear.

"shielding" would be an overstatement.  Moving an electrified coil away from your head... that it does.

Not an endorsement from me, but it's not a load of crap either.
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 11:53:35 PM

I went outside one time. Did you know they have a big nuclear ball of fire just spewing radiation at us out there? This needs to be remedied.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 01:54:39 AM

I went outside one time. Did you know they have a big nuclear ball of fire just spewing radiation at us out there? This needs to be remedied.

That is why I think of solar panels as thermonuclear collection plates.  Smiley

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:07:50 AM

against EMF and RF radiation.
I would like to see certification papers supporting this claim.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 07:17:05 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 07:28:42 AM by TECSHARE

against EMF and RF radiation.
I would like to see certification papers supporting this claim.

You really can't resist it can you Grue? Do you think anyone cares about your opinion on the hundreds of market places threads you do this to?

As far is the item concerned I am willing to bet that English is not the first language of the seller (if I am incorrect I apologize), and his "false advertising" is actually a completely understandable grammatical issue even for a native speaker.

What this doesn't do: Block all radiation

What this does do: Limit the amount of radiation traveling along the metal wire directly into your ear by creating an air gap which will create more resistance.

Anything plugged directly into your cellphone can act as an antennae and can direct the cell phone's network signal radiation more directly into your skull. Air-tube headphones are considered one of the best methods of reducing this type of cell phone EM radiation exposure to the skull after using a bluetooth (which itself emits radiation but on a much weaker level). A wired headset tho is still safer than holding your phone directly to your head while in use. I don't think the OP intended any deceit yet simply made a mistake in communication. Anyone who wishes to reduce cell phone radiation to ones head, this product will do that.
BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:56:43 PM

What this doesn't do: Block all radiation

What this does do: Limit the amount of radiation traveling along the metal wire directly into your ear by creating an air gap which will create more resistance.

More or less exactly what I was saying.  I didn't realize that this was using an air tube rather than conductive media - obviously, that would reduce any radiation even in comparison with a standard wired headset.

What I was getting at was a) Moving the phone away from your head reduces radiation getting to your head.  If it's touching your body, it doesn't reduce radiation getting to your body, just your head.

b) Any wired headphone reduces the radiation.  There's some argument about how much cellular signal gets channeled through a normal wired headset up to your ears anyway, but it is less than holding the phone to your head.

There's nothing wrong with using these, just as long as you understand what exactly they propose to do and how they do it.  I didn't fully understand, but now I get it.  They *ARE* offering an additional advantage over a standard el cheapo wired headset.

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:18:51 PM

There's more radiation exposure from the ground than you could ever get from a cell phone.  And then we burn coal and get it in the air.  It's also in all produce, and from the sun.  Cell phones are as dangerous as microwaves.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:31:54 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: