Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:38:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Abort Cryptsy  (Read 14446 times)
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:08:44 PM

Cryptsy is what happens when people with shit for programming skills whip together a complete turd of an exchange overnight. Everything about the site is just awful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vinne81

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:10:53 PM

Cryptsy is what happens when people with shit for programming skills whip together a complete turd of an exchange overnight. Everything about the site is just awful.

THe name is alright I think Smiley

that's it.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:12:57 PM

The market dictated the value of the coins. Vern simply instituted the mechanism for trading said coins. All the coins added since launch were due to petitioning by miners and/or coin developers and supporters. During beta there wasn't a single coin on the exchange that he didn't have a pool for. A free pool mind you. Of course bag holders are going to be upset when their coin-of-the-week gets massively devalued, penny stock holders probably feel the same way when their investments fall through. The market is decided by... the market. And as stated earlier, if a coin has merit it will survive. Of course, it's always easy to find when you look hard enough.

Ok, the buyers and sellers of certain coins agree to an average of 1 btc per thousand, they trade for 3 days at that price, then the moment it pops up on cryptsy, the buy orders are all of a sudden 100k for 1btc? in the space of 5 minutes? Maybe i'm a monkey on a keyboard then and my mining rigs are piles of bananas
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:13:32 PM

Let's face it. We don't like Cryptsy because make us to Dump to soon.

If you're really worried DDoS them. Or we can collect bounties so they don't put the coin into the exchange.

Who is 'We"? This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have seen posted. And you would resort to crime to support misguided beliefs. Truly pathetic.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:15:08 PM

you just simplified this equation
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 09:18:18 PM

Let's face it. We don't like Cryptsy because make us to Dump to soon.

If you're really worried DDoS them. Or we can collect bounties so they don't put the coin into the exchange.

Who is 'We"? This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have seen posted. And you would resort to crime to support misguided beliefs. Truly pathetic.

I think that was snark, not a straight statement.
limbaugh
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:20:26 PM

I think that was snark, not a straight statement.

OK well it just pisses me off when I see DDoS as a solution.
JesstersDead

Activity: 154

I forgot where I put my wallet.dat

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 09:23:43 PM

The market dictated the value of the coins. Vern simply instituted the mechanism for trading said coins. All the coins added since launch were due to petitioning by miners and/or coin developers and supporters. During beta there wasn't a single coin on the exchange that he didn't have a pool for. A free pool mind you. Of course bag holders are going to be upset when their coin-of-the-week gets massively devalued, penny stock holders probably feel the same way when their investments fall through. The market is decided by... the market. And as stated earlier, if a coin has merit it will survive. Of course, it's always easy to find when you look hard enough.

Ok, the buyers and sellers of certain coins agree to an average of 1 btc per thousand, they trade for 3 days at that price, then the moment it pops up on cryptsy, the buy orders are all of a sudden 100k for 1btc? in the space of 5 minutes? Maybe i'm a monkey on a keyboard then and my mining rigs are piles of bananas

If people are willing to sell at that price, then unless the medium used to facilitate the exchange somehow brained wash them, the fault would lie with the seller... more so even than the person placing the buy order. Let alone the medium used for the exchange. I have coins on Cryptsy, but have found it no more necessary to sell low than I do on BTC-E or Gox. The fact that others do does not put anyone or anything at fault but themselves for being manipulated. Or the scammer setting the low buy orders. A free market is not a democracy where a few individuals can sit back and dictate a pricing structure which everyone else must adhere to.

Cryptsy.com - USD markets coming soon. Go validate your account now!
limbaugh
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:25:06 PM

Seriously man, the guy has skills, the exchange works fine. It's not the most beautiful creation but devs normally aren't designers as well.
JesstersDead

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 09:27:04 PM

Seriously man, the guy has skills, the exchange works fine. It's not the most beautiful creation but devs normally aren't designers as well.

And it doesn't have a god awful troll box lol

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:30:47 PM

ok, everything is cool now, he removed my coin from the exchange, he has agreed to give us a week to get our coin to grow up a lil YAY!!!!
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:38:51 PM

now people are reporting missing balances, but i'm sure they will all be refunded, have patience, the man is doing his best  Grin
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:42:31 PM

You are forgetting a lot more miners are jumping on these coins lately as well. Most of them don't care if they sell their coins for a pittance, so long as the effective profitability is higher than mining LTC/BTC. That in itself is a huge reason why prices are dropping.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:45:43 PM

You are forgetting a lot more miners are jumping on these coins lately as well. Most of them don't care if they sell their coins for a pittance, so long as the effective profitability is higher than mining LTC/BTC. That in itself is a huge reason why prices are dropping.
this
JesstersDead

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 09:46:08 PM

+1. Agreed. The "flash miner" mentality is what is devaluing coins more so than anything else. That and the fact that most coins can only be traded for other coins which can only be traded for other coins, ad infinitum.

sathackr

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:59:28 PM

so the guy sucks monkey balls, is a horrible coder, has a rigged site, is killing all the alt-coins, robbing everyone blind...he removes your favorite coin per request and now he's awesome and is doing the best he can?? That's one hell of an about-face. What about all the other alt-coin he's "destroying" guess you're as selfish as the miners you got what you wanted so everything is grand now. Are you 12?

jasonslow

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:00:37 PM

If they are selling your precious coin so low. why you did not buy it?  Let the market decide its worth. The site interface is great and professional except they have little buyers but they will catch some volume soon.
diegodos

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:03:39 PM

What is crypsty expected to launch any coin if crypsty dont have volume enough??

Just for kill coins... pay attention guys

A example was mcxnow started just MNC/BTC and now they have a good volume , it is basic without volume nobody won
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:06:30 PM

so the guy sucks monkey balls, is a horrible coder, has a rigged site, is killing all the alt-coins, robbing everyone blind...he removes your favorite coin per request and now he's awesome and is doing the best he can?? That's one hell of an about-face. What about all the other alt-coin he's "destroying" guess you're as selfish as the miners you got what you wanted so everything is grand now. Are you 12?

i could think up a dozen jokes referring to your maturity, but i'd rather not since you fail to see the joke. is English your first language or did you jump on the train later on in life?

here's me at twelve
qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

What about those coins that were on the orders, and have not returned to your account
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: