Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:27:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Abort Cryptsy  (Read 14446 times)
fenican

Activity: 1393
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:12:48 PM

I think Cryptsy is interesting experimental software but, unfortunately, it is beta quality and has distorted markets unfavorably.

I do not believe it is executing orders correctly.  If, one example, you put in a sell for .00000000001 it will execute it at that price regardless of whether there is a matching higher buy order.  Vern insists this is "by design" but I disagree.

For now, I think we will be better off doing peer to peer exchanges on this forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
diegodos

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:20:37 PM

I think Cryptsy is interesting experimental software but, unfortunately, it is beta quality and has distorted markets unfavorably.

I do not believe it is executing orders correctly.  If, one example, you put in a sell for .00000000001 it will execute it at that price regardless of whether there is a matching higher buy order.  Vern insists this is "by design" but I disagree.

For now, I think we will be better off doing peer to peer exchanges on this forum.

Perfect!!

i agree with you maybe he wants kill all altcoin or he isn't smart too see that
crypt0maniac

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:23:31 PM

I was trading on Betfair for long time, and this is ridiculous !
Order should be executed at maximal available price !
bigvern

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 10:24:20 PM

What you are looking for is a "Market" order option, which is coming out this weekend.

BigVern
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:25:12 PM

What you are looking for is a "Market" order option, which is coming out this weekend.

BigVern

Isn't that one of the most basic, basic kind of orders?
bigvern

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 10:25:38 PM

Should you take the maximum seller price or the maximum buyers price,   each would prefer the others.

Like I said, for the case that was originally listed, he was wanting a Market Order, which is coming out soon.

BigVern
crypt0maniac

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:30:16 PM

Market order is somethig different...
fenican

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:38:58 PM

vern,

open an account on bter or btc-e and put in a SELL order for .000001 on any coin.  It will match you against the highest buy order in the stack, then the second highest, etc... until you are completely filled.

That is what a seller expects.  He does not expect to fill at the illusory price
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 11:08:48 PM

No altcoin was killed, only value dropped.

This. The only thing about Cryptsy  is it's been adding new alts faster than other exchanges, so these new coins have even less time to build up interest before they get pumped and dumped on an exchange. Thus, the downward spiral just starts up quicker. That's not a fault of the site though. It's a free market - if these coins can't withstand that then too bad.

Long-term, if the coin has actual merit, it will survive.

i said it all about a month ago ha ha - its strange being involved with a group that doesn’t understand 50 % of the aspect of their own entity?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 11:41:54 PM

Let's face it. We don't like Cryptsy because make us to Dump to soon.

If you're really worried DDoS them. Or we can collect bounties so they don't put the coin into the exchange.

Who is 'We"? This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have seen posted. And you would resort to crime to support misguided beliefs. Truly pathetic.

I was not being serious of course.

All this shitty alt coins could be banned out of the forum as in the old times of btctalk.

We should invest our time in creating worthful alts. As I think is the NooScript's one or others.

Scams like de PXCs or others are only damaging the community.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:48:28 PM

Wow, that is HORRIBLE design!!
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:49:51 PM

Should you take the maximum seller price or the maximum buyers price,   each would prefer the others.

Like I said, for the case that was originally listed, he was wanting a Market Order, which is coming out soon.

BigVern

Seriously, NO exchange in the world uses such a horrible model that it executes below highest ask. You have to be joking right? ONLY reason for this is so that people can 'use' this flaw if they know about it.
YaCoinYeah

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:56:40 PM

Well said Smiley
jasonslow

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:59:48 PM

Well said Smiley

But, It doesn't change the facts that PXC is still a fail coin.
bigvern

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:10:43 AM

I've never seen such a blind gang, have you noticed that most of the anti-alt coin rhetoric has disappeared? And then somehow, a record breaking alt-killer adds coins on a daily basis? real sites wait and watch to see a coins future, eg btc-e and gox, even bter is more cautious after the cnc fiasco. You guys maybe mine a coin worth something today, then tumar you guys are trading at an average of 30 ltc per 1k, then jus because the "official " site says 1 ltc per 100000, you all folow their lead. You are letting yourselves be convinced that your product is worthless, but wait and see in a month, they will sell you your coins at current docs prices or higher. it's your loss anyway, this is a community of open ideas, try yours, i'll work with mine. Sound mnd, sound decisions, RESOUNDING profits.

Hanzi Big Vern, who is big vern to value your product? So what if the man has pools? are all his pools free? NO! everyone wants to profit and pay the bills. Once you realise tz a dog eat cat world, you'll be more canine.

Actually, yes, my pools are free.   I don't set the value on the market, the users do.

BigVern
zacho56

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:30:33 AM

I've never seen such a blind gang, have you noticed that most of the anti-alt coin rhetoric has disappeared? And then somehow, a record breaking alt-killer adds coins on a daily basis? real sites wait and watch to see a coins future, eg btc-e and gox, even bter is more cautious after the cnc fiasco. You guys maybe mine a coin worth something today, then tumar you guys are trading at an average of 30 ltc per 1k, then jus because the "official " site says 1 ltc per 100000, you all folow their lead. You are letting yourselves be convinced that your product is worthless, but wait and see in a month, they will sell you your coins at current docs prices or higher. it's your loss anyway, this is a community of open ideas, try yours, i'll work with mine. Sound mnd, sound decisions, RESOUNDING profits.

Hanzi Big Vern, who is big vern to value your product? So what if the man has pools? are all his pools free? NO! everyone wants to profit and pay the bills. Once you realise tz a dog eat cat world, you'll be more canine.

Actually, yes, my pools are free.   I don't set the value on the market, the users do.

BigVern

This ^ I did go and check my records to the pools and they add up. He is not trying to devalue any coins. Quite the contrary if he is listing it on an exchange out of his OWN resources. Get real people.  Roll Eyes

"I have a dream" - Martin Luther King JR
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:36:06 AM

Yeah vern has a vested interest in ALT's I use the exchange pretty exclusively now. Have no issues.
fenican

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:43:28 AM

vern seems like a great guy and Cryptsy has lots of potential just need to align its trading behavior with the other sites

I don't actually mind using the site now that I understand how the site executes trades.  Just advise everyone to be VERY careful when keying in sell order prices.  What you type is what you'll get regardless if there are higher buy orders in the queue.
skyangel

Activity: 301
Merit: 260

FLO dev

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:51:08 AM

vern seems like a great guy and Cryptsy has lots of potential just need to align its trading behavior with the other sites

I don't actually mind using the site now that I understand how the site executes trades.  Just advise everyone to be VERY careful when keying in sell order prices.  What you type is what you'll get regardless if there are higher buy orders in the queue.

I also like the site, but this matching rule should change. I've never seen any exchange match like that.

GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:53:42 AM

Worthless coin gonna be worthless.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: