Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:03:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Abort Cryptsy  (Read 14446 times)
LittleDigger

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:46:40 PM

Let's get real; 90% of alts are created for the sole purpose of mine and dump. The value of a currency is dictated by it's usability. That's why BTC is so high, LTC has some value, other coins drop like a stone as soon as pump support dissapears, a couple of hours after they hit an exchange. No real world use == no value.

Couldn't agree more. BTC and LTC can actually be used as intended, as a form of currency. Hence their fairly stable valuation. Everything else thus far, with maybe the exception of FTC which can actually be used with some retailers, are simple investment commodities. Their only real value is a speculated one. A value which is pegged against similar investment commodities with similar speculated value. The problem I see, is that even an honest to god coin with every intention of breaking the mold will simply fall prey to the pump and dump flash mining mentality. For every 1 person with an actual vested interest in cryptocurrencies, you have 100 who are simply here to pay the electric bill, break even on the hardware, and buy a case of beer.

When I started mining it was because I saw merit in the ideas behind bitcoin, but it was an experiment and I took the veiw that it was worth risking some time and energy on it. The coins I mined were hardly worth the cost of electricity, but as months passed those coins slowly gained value. When I mined litecoins it was much the same.

Let me give it to you straight... It ain't easy to make money... These new coins may have less resistance to development because of bitcoins successes but there must be development behind the currency.. not just the release of the client. And anybody can (and apparently will) release a coin so suddenly theres alot of competition... yada yada limited market capital.. blah blah debasement.

Personally I feel angry when someone who is doing something for cryptocurrency gets used as somebody's scapegoat when their get rich quick scheme doesn't come off as planned....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:48:26 PM

I hate Cryptsy, with a passion. It is a joke exchange. People only use it, because it is super easy, t use it to manipulate prices of coins, to make them appear profitable on CoinChoose. PWC did it, and now GLD is doing it, and, since their are a lot of stupid people in the world, as we saw when PWC reported as 1500% profitable, people are wasting votes on GLD. I believe we should take a stand, and boycot Cryptsy, completely

LittleDigger

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:55:35 PM

I say let the noob alts fight for survival in the arena of Crypsty !!!

(Cue classic star trek arena battle theme music)

NO MERCY !!!! KILL!!! KILL!!! KILL!!!

sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 02:43:37 PM

I hate Cryptsy, with a passion. It is a joke exchange. People only use it, because it is super easy, t use it to manipulate prices of coins, to make them appear profitable on CoinChoose. PWC did it, and now GLD is doing it, and, since their are a lot of stupid people in the world, as we saw when PWC reported as 1500% profitable, people are wasting votes on GLD. I believe we should take a stand, and boycot Cryptsy, completely

FYI - PWC's 1500% profitability was a bug on my site (actually a crash in the PWC daemon which I made an error in my script to restart when the daemons crash).  I do filter out a bit on Crytpsy really tiny trades AND my hope is the market notices (as anyone should be able to write a bot that would equalize out the prices when people do dumb things like that - since Crytpsy has an inherent API that is easy to use.
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 03:13:55 PM

vern seems like a great guy and Cryptsy has lots of potential just need to align its trading behavior with the other sites

I don't actually mind using the site now that I understand how the site executes trades.  Just advise everyone to be VERY careful when keying in sell order prices.  What you type is what you'll get regardless if there are higher buy orders in the queue.

I've actually created a warning popup earlier today that alerts the user if they attempt to sell below top buy and visa-versa.   Now it tells you straight up whats going to happen.

BigVern

Excellent I think a warning suffices.  Do you do your own coding?  Very nice work on the exchange

It's impressive this guy can set up alt.coins into and exchange so fast, sometimes there isn't even a daemon.
eveningdress4

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:14:32 PM

I say let the noob alts fight for survival in the arena of Crypsty !!!

(Cue classic star trek arena battle theme music)

NO MERCY !!!! KILL!!! KILL!!! KILL!!!

I totally agree with you man. There is too much drama on crypto altcoins. We should just stick to BTC.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:24:38 PM

vern seems like a great guy and Cryptsy has lots of potential just need to align its trading behavior with the other sites

I don't actually mind using the site now that I understand how the site executes trades.  Just advise everyone to be VERY careful when keying in sell order prices.  What you type is what you'll get regardless if there are higher buy orders in the queue.

I've actually created a warning popup earlier today that alerts the user if they attempt to sell below top buy and visa-versa.   Now it tells you straight up whats going to happen.

BigVern

Excellent I think a warning suffices.  Do you do your own coding?  Very nice work on the exchange

It's impressive this guy can set up alt.coins into and exchange so fast, sometimes there isn't even a daemon.

If you have ever mined on any of verns pools you'll find that they are well done. He codes his own stuff and has a community that feeds him info. He is an all around good guy who loves alt coins. Cryptsy is his beta exchange it is still BETA he is constantly working to make it better some really cool features on the way. Eventually he has mentioned he will add FIAT deposits etc. When vern calls cryptsy no longer a beta then complain about how its not what you like. For now features are added daily.

Additionally Vern has decided to only add coins after a week and only after speaking to the coin dev. I don't think anyone anticipated it could hurt the market I mean Vern is providing a service its the miners who dump for pennies not paying attention to profits that hurt the alt coins led by coinchoose and again I don't blame Sal he provides a tool that folks should use to assist not guide their decisions. Heck I use coinchoose all the time but I read between the lines on the exchange that is showing the prices and attempt to make educated decisions on the topic.

For you new miners out there don't dump your coins immediately hold and sell at the going rates you will probably make double your profit. Some folks out there I know aren't even covering the electric bill.

Anyhow my thoughts on the topic.
gica_contra

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:31:21 AM

I agree on the pool part. The only pool I actually set up a donation. Still waiting on that 5k LKY block  Grin
zeeshanblc

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:31:33 AM

I agree on the pool part. The only pool I actually set up a donation. Still waiting on that 5k LKY block  Grin

Can you set up powecoin pool for us?
BitHits

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 11:11:44 AM

Put BTE ByteCoin on this exchange! Tongue

I've been using this exchange for about a day with DGC, PWC, GLD, WDC and BTC

Works fine for me.

This devs of this exchange seem to have adding new coins down to a science. Out of all the exchanges out there. This is the only one I've actually bought coins on Smiley

Free BTC http://beta.BitHits.info BTC 1DNNERMT5MMusfYnCBfcKCBjBKZWBC5Lg2 DGC DH2Pm4VXxsTeqUYZkEySU1c8p5TLvuLe8u LTC LP2QiL1pnsaKVX5Qa811pFJuFL8FxkxWRz
diegodos

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:23:22 AM

BigVern

If you have ever mined on any of verns pools you'll find that they are well done. He codes his own stuff and has a community that feeds him info. He is an all around good guy who loves alt coins. Cryptsy is his beta exchange it is still BETA he is constantly working to make it better some really cool features on the way. Eventually he has mentioned he will add FIAT deposits etc. When vern calls cryptsy no longer a beta then complain about how its not what you like. For now features are added daily.

Additionally Vern has decided to only add coins after a week and only after speaking to the coin dev. I don't think anyone anticipated it could hurt the market I mean Vern is providing a service its the miners who dump for pennies not paying attention to profits that hurt the alt coins led by coinchoose and again I don't blame Sal he provides a tool that folks should use to assist not guide their decisions. Heck I use coinchoose all the time but I read between the lines on the exchange that is showing the prices and attempt to make educated decisions on the topic.

For you new miners out there don't dump your coins immediately hold and sell at the going rates you will probably make double your profit. Some folks out there I know aren't even covering the electric bill.

Anyhow my thoughts on the topic.

But doesnt have BTC volume for all coins in crypsty.com
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:29:04 AM

Main thing that bugs me with Cryptsy is the incessant need to login all the time, other exchange have a way more sensible session timeout.

BlazinBeaches

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:37:10 PM

I've traded there successfully, no probs, quick too
YaCoinYeah

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:28:54 PM

It's more intuitive than MXCNOW and some others. I don't have any problems with it. Volume will increase over time from buyers.

I also like the graph feature where you can slide the parameters to stretch it.
bizz

Activity: 492

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:33:02 PM

It's more intuitive than MXCNOW and some others. I don't have any problems with it. Volume will increase over time from buyers.

I also like the graph feature where you can slide the parameters to stretch it.

Cryptsy is currently the best exchange imho. Very active devs and volumes will pick up with time.
inform

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 05:53:16 PM

Cryptsy

eror witchdraw

N4

This sumer same proublum

Today this exchanger eat my 4 bitcoin

I NEED PAY INTERNET PROVIDER RUSIA
I BE OFLINE

THIS CRYPSY MAKE ME SUKER IN MAY JUN JUL MAKE ME NERVOUS HOW FREZE MY 80 LTC

TODAY THIS CRYPTSY MAKE ME SICK

40 or 50 GUYS POST IN CHAT SAME SITUATION
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 05:56:18 PM

Cryptsy

eror witchdraw

N4

This sumer same proublum

Today this exchanger eat my 4 bitcoin

I NEED PAY INTERNET PROVIDER RUSIA
I BE OFLINE

THIS CRYPSY MAKE ME SUKER IN MAY JUN JUL MAKE ME NERVOUS HOW FREZE MY 80 LTC

TODAY THIS CRYPTSY MAKE ME SICK

40 or 50 GUYS POST IN CHAT SAME SITUATION
You mad?

vual

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:52:12 AM

This place is a joke, its seriously needs some regulation, crypsty are high volume trading on spreads and canceling sell orders so they can cash in.
Its been going on for to long now, its not hard when u are doing 10mil + volume a day to rent pubnub.com servers..... the only explanation for this is its more financial beneficial to not fix.
I just made my options clear in irc and was greeted with a instant BAN, now consider i have lost over 5btc with crypsty today and that is not including all my canceled orders and "missing money".
We must stand as a community and not let them get away with such blatant day light robbery. Can anyone suggest to me a new exchange to take my volume to please? If we stay at crypsty we send the message that this behavior is acceptable.
samesstee

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:03:32 PM

Personally I feel angry when someone who is doing something for cryptocurrency gets used as somebody's scapegoat when their get rich quick scheme doesn't come off as planned....

Very well put little digger - I see lots of dedication from some party's (e.g sxc) and only time will tell as to which will see us through the fog n smoke.

Closer to topic I have also experienced some erratic irreversible behaviour on my cryptsy account for which I have filled out a support application and as I'm sure many have experienced that whilst you wait for a reply you are being left behind in the market.

This may not be quite the evil hand some are making out and missing out on a profitable trade is annoying but it's a full on piss take to wake up to your hard mined funds going AWOL....

I feel this is essentially added risk to miners due to greedy wales, us miners support the network and are only seeking a ROI & little profit.... 10x profits is just unrealistic greed.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:06:30 PM

Good exchange but must NOT add every shit coin that comes out. Enough is enough.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: