Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:38:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Spot A Bitcoin Scam  (Read 2081 times)
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:55:10 PM

Any ideas on how to spot a bitcoin scam?
if the platform isnt promising and if you think that it can only scam you money so i think it is scam, just be wise in everything that you were doing in order for us to not to be wrong , we need to be wise, bitcoin is a big money to be lose so if we will let them to fool us a big amount of money will be lose it is wrong for us it can only make us buncrupt and they will swept away all our money.

For me those things about scamming using bitcoin is not a new story since other anonymous persons viewed it as an easy way of doing such unrighteous ways on how to victimized using digital currency. All we needed to do here is, we should be vigilant and don't easily get fooled of some any investment offers that involved a collection of money as part of the so called business partnership. If you see this scheme to be familiar like that, well I tell you one of that tactics is a ponzi scheme that eventually scams people in a long run.
Scammers   usually ask people to invest low and get high result this is not possible they attract people by their sweet lies and people get into their tap and then lost their money so the only forum which make scamming to stop is this form of bitcoin here you can question whatever you want you will get satisfactory answers and you will never regret to invest into the bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zzSunZZ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:02:19 AM

Bitcoin is information secure so it hard to spot and scammer with only their address , so i suggest you to use escrow for safe in trade or exchange with some strangers . If they don't want to use escrow with you , trust me, my experience said 95% that's a scammer. Scammer doesn't like escrow or middle man.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 01:36:56 PM

if it was obvious how to spot a scam, people wouldn't get scammed

do you own research about the team/project and founders.. additionally check the whitepaper, designs, social medias and do a thorough research before putting your money at risk
As nowadays by popularity of bitcoins scams are also in market. The best way to know that whether it is real or scam is to know about the profit where it comes from if you get a satisfactory and then it would be scam. We need to be very careful about these scams in order to avoid big losses.
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 01:55:41 PM

Bitcoin scam has all kinds of similarity. First of course, if it is too good to be true. Better stay away. If it promise to give you back this huge amount with this hort amount of time. No one is doing that unless it is a gamble and you've got all the luck.
There are a lot of trader that uses this scam thing. They will trade for you just hand them the money scenario. But just study trading and learn from an advisor and you'll be ready to trade your own.
Just be very careful. There are a lot of them roaming around, this forum is not an exception. Smiley

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
OVERT
BOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄░░░▄▄▄▄░░▀███████▄
█████████░░░████░░░████████
█████████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░░████░░░░███████
▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▀░░░▄██████▀
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
ANN
THREAD
|Go-Overt
Powered by [banned mixer]
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:52:42 AM

You have to do your own research. There is nothing that is going to outright say that this is a scam with this is not. Obviously one of them for things like open source software, a development a proven track record, and at least a little bit of history on the team. However that does not mean that one thing is a scam and what is not. Closely and wisely examine every project and make sure you dont invest in ponzi scheme.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
btcdamnit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:38:29 AM

When it appears too good to be true
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:28:11 AM

Perhaps the best thing is to do research on your own, whether it come from forum or website. Maybe its too good too be true, but if it still has logical plan on how to execute the plan, then i guess trying a bit doesn't hurt, but i do stay away from promising ideas, because too much promises might hurt if it doesn't came true  Grin
imyashir
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:58:14 AM

Scams related to bitcoin can be easily identified, because majority of the scams promote services providing profits in multiples in a days time or two for the investment amount. If you make a research about the availability of the list of scams, you could find lots in the name of investment and cloud mining.

there is a point that you can not get money easily if you have any wonder that because there is no easy money in the world you are playing or even in bitcoin also...
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:44:43 AM

It is so simple. Anything that will give a huge unreasonable amount after a few period, is a scam and will do your heart a huge harm than good. Run away from HYIPs, MLMs, Doublers, Triplers, etc. If you want to loose money, it is better you put little in trading and learn the basics. It is better to loose learning than to loose gullibly out of greed.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:13:52 AM

Scams related to bitcoin can be easily identified, because majority of the scams promote services providing profits in multiples in a days time or two for the investment amount. If you make a research about the availability of the list of scams, you could find lots in the name of investment and cloud mining.

there is a point that you can not get money easily if you have any wonder that because there is no easy money in the world you are playing or even in bitcoin also...
Yes we cannot get money easily or grow it in the short period of time but there are also people who are victim in this scheme and they didn't know what is the real system were we need to wait for it that's why it is very important to give knowledge for them so that they avoid it and make money through hardworking.
dutchkay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:26:37 PM

Simply put this way, once it's too good to be true then it's scam, offering you good returns without much work. Seriously I will stay away.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:05:22 PM

In my opinion, usually bitcoin scams/scammers offer large amount of returns or rewards so that the investors can get tempted and not  hesitate in making the payment.

All investors invest to make profit. I would advice you to actually do your own reading and research to avoid being scammed your hardly earned bitcoins. Always be aware of phishing site, recently this type of scam has been trending, whereby people/ investors transfers money to organizations without even double checking whether the domain is correct or not. Be aware, be alert.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:12:47 PM

In my opinion, usually bitcoin scams/scammers offer large amount of returns or rewards so that the investors can get tempted and not  hesitate in making the payment.

All investors invest to make profit. I would advice you to actually do your own reading and research to avoid being scammed your hardly earned bitcoins. Always be aware of phishing site, recently this type of scam has been trending, whereby people/ investors transfers money to organizations without even double checking whether the domain is correct or not. Be aware, be alert.
All offers online which are too good to be true are most likely scams and the ones who victimized on this one are those people who are greedy and do like easy money.They do easily lure out into the hands of scammers since those people do saw that this is the common weakness of people when it comes to easy money.This is why there are lots of people being scammed because of their hopes of getting quick rich without exerting too much effort which is not possible on this bitcoin world.We should really need to work hard and put time on it.Research and self awareness would really avoid you on this kind of things.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:30:59 PM

There is one extremely straightforward rule - if it looks too good to be true then it is.

This is literally the best piece of advice out there, not just specific to a Bitcoin scam but scams in general. Ask yourself what would they get out of giving you a crazy deal and why would they not just manipulate the deal for themselves? Why do they need you? etc.
It is the basic way for people to know if something would result for a scam. Because all the thing that promises easy money and a more faster way for you to earn with used of crypto-currency that in the time of technology is just fast enough for us to earn, we also need to think if it is legit and a good way for us to earn. Becasue in the world of bitcoin, Basi all we need to do is to deal with investments , trading or transaction becasue the price of bitcoin itself is so volatile that makes it more suitable for investments and trading that could give us profit.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:03:27 PM

What do you mean by bitcoin scam? Are you talking about investments that accept bitcoin? I think the rules are the same for any other investment, if they are offering to much return then you should probably get suspicious. Try to get to know the team, try to see if what they are proposing makes any sense, and try to get help from other users. Also, if it is something very new, get very cautious. If it is something legit then you should be ok in waiting a while before investing, because if their business is solid, then they should be around for a while.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:15:32 PM

One it promises things that is not likely to happen at all. Fake sites and fake evidence of existence etc. And not to mention dumbness and stupidity of people who believe in such superstitious stuffs. It would be better if you do a enhanced due diligence of your own so that you would know whether or not it's really a scam. Be careful out there chaps, people will stab right when you need em.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:44:48 AM

Always remember this, If it's too good to be true, then it is not true. Lots of scammers will guarantee you a %profit by just doing nothing. This is very inviting and there are still lots people fell for it. A true investment and business should be done by hardwork and that you have to do something in order to grow your profit or business. You also have to make your own calculation if it is possible or not. If it sounds unreal, then just believe that it's not real after all.

I agree unless they can see the future  no one can gurantee a large amount of interest or profit. Some sites will offer you 1 bitcoin a day if you invest 0.01 bitcoin. There is no way they could earn that bitcoin in a day.

If you really interested in investing you can always search in google and here in the forum.  There is a thread here of lists of scam sites.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:25:26 AM

Yes we cannot get money easily or grow it in the short period of time but there are also people who are victim in this scheme and they didn't know what is the real system were we need to wait for it that's why it is very important to give knowledge for them so that they avoid it and make money through hardworking.
Better is would be if they are well-known of the fact that there is no short way of earning money. Hundreds of the people have been victimized, especially the newbies, with all this stuff.

Much have been roamed in the market and many people just believe, due to less knowledge, that shorter period can make them rich. So be wise in your actions.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:04:09 PM

it's easy to tell the difference between fraud and the real form of investing with Bitcoin.
if the site offers a profit of 10-20 fold then it is a fraud as does Multi level marketing or ponzi and such.
Their original investment did not offer a big advantage. team and its official website.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:28:58 PM

There is one extremely straightforward rule - if it looks too good to be true then it is.

On top of that always google site:bitcointalk.org 'subject' and see if anything comes up. If nothing at all comes then that's not an encouraging sign.

Risk free returns are impossible. If there was a legitimate interest paying Bitcoin option I can guarantee you every single Bitcoin on Earth would pile into it instantly as they're all sat doing nothing. There is literally not one on the entire planet.

Lending on well known exchanges has enough risk, let alone all these bullshit ponzis. Have you been offered a specific 'opportunity'?

As an user of this forum for years now and as an experienced bitcoin user, I have noticed that it is pretty obvious to claim any 1 post account opening a thread with a link is automatically a scam of sorts trying to steal your bitcoin.

So a good cautionary advice is to never open links in here coming from new accounts, and also remember to activate noscript (Unfortunately the new captcha system requires js on, but you can turn it off after the captcha is filled)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: