Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:22:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi. New to the Forum. Checking on E.B.M.E (scammed)  (Read 1059 times)
SSAV777 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:56:06 PM

Last night (U.S. New York) I was scammed out of $200USD money using E.B.M.E., an alleged bitcoin exchange from Austrailia. Owner goes by Liam Curran, James Stevenson, and William Dutton.

Anyone have experience doing business with these guys? Any luck?

Thanks for any help.
Steve

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SSAV777 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:20:46 PM

Thanks. His website is:

https://www.bitcoinebme.online/

I will certainly update if he chooses to do the right thing and pay me back.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:32:29 PM

Thanks. His website is:

Why the heck did you trade with this guy while there are a thousand other, safe and secure options out there? I just checked the site you have posted and i don't think a sensible person would do any trade with a person whose website looks like made by a 5th grade student, or maybe they can make better looking website than this. I don't think you are going to get anything back, and you can blame no one but yourself for this as you should have done a small research before buying bitcoins from anyone.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:38:05 PM

Last night (U.S. New York) I was scammed out of $200USD money using E.B.M.E., an alleged bitcoin exchange from Austrailia. Owner goes by Liam Curran, James Stevenson, and William Dutton.

Thanks for any help.
Steve

Hello,

can you give us more details of what transpired? you dont have to be specific ( I mean your details and sensitive information), but it would help immensely to understand exactly how you were deprived of your value. did they take your cash via some financial instrument, and not give you bitcoin, or did they take your bitcoin for some reason, and not give you the agreed upon bitcoin?

you should have plenty of recourse both ways; it will be easier if they took your cash than if they took your bitcoin.
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:02:08 PM

Thanks for any help.
Steve

Can you please let us know more details about what happened? I mean the series of incidents? Also open a thread in "scam acquisition" section so that more people come to know about this and avoid doing business with them. The website looks like a static page website which immediately tells me it is a scam. Why did you choose them? There are lot of other options. Try localbitcoins platform. I have used it many time and till date didn't face any issue.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:11:43 PM

Just checked the site and it looks sketchy as hell. I wonder what attracted you there in the first place. So therefore I don't think you will find a lot of people who have had similar experience using their service. The best thing you can do is to contact them and if they don't respond it would be good to open a scam report against them on this forum in order to save other people from making the same mistake.
Mike Tes

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:36:32 PM

I have sent you a PM, I may be able to assist you in chasing these guys down.

I have contacts within ICE which could help us track these guys down.  I know where their domain was registered, I've got a hold of their IP (They've tried using a VPN but it's obviously fairly clunky, as it cuts out a fair bit).

Check your PM if you interested in my assistance.
I have skype if you wish to discuss this further.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:34:10 AM

I have sent you a PM, I may be able to assist you in chasing these guys down.

I have contacts within ICE which could help us track these guys down.  I know where their domain was registered, I've got a hold of their IP (They've tried using a VPN but it's obviously fairly clunky, as it cuts out a fair bit).

Check your PM if you interested in my assistance.
I have skype if you wish to discuss this further.

The moment this user is asking you for funds to track down your $200 for you, just be very careful. J am not saying he is trying to scam you but you might be on your way to lose more than the initial $200 because I  wonder how a newbie with just 2 posts coming online and the first thing he wants to offer is his investigative skills.

Thanks. His website is:

I hope to see him do the right thing but don't keep your hopes high because for the fact that he has a website means this is not a one time thing and a lot of people would have been scammed through his method. The onus is on you to find your information be fire going to trust someone online or offline. There are reputable sites even for US citizens where you can start from although the fee might be high but its better than being scammed.
SSAV777 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:32:09 PM

I appreciate that advice. I've asked Mike what he's got. We will see.

In the scam, obviously I goofed by sending PayPal money to "friends and family". The guy who scammed me is still telling me he's going to pay me my BTC. Seems to playing some sort of game.. we shall see.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:01:25 AM

In the scam, obviously I goofed by sending PayPal money to "friends and family". The guy who scammed me is still telling me he's going to pay me my BTC. Seems to playing some sort of game.. we shall see.

As a newbie account, people will ask for more details because without knowing anything about the scam, it is not possible to give the suggestion for you. Better share complete details about the process you approached them, wait and check whether he is going to pay back your money or not.
SSAV777 (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:52:46 PM

As a newbie account, people will ask for more details because without knowing anything about the scam, it is not possible to give the suggestion for you. Better share complete details about the process you approached them, wait and check whether he is going to pay back your money or not.

The guy got me on on oldie and it was completely my naivety. He duped me into using PayPal "friends and family", which is non-recoverable. As of yesterday he said he's sending payment via hextracoin.co, but now that site is down until ~ November 9.

I'm not sure why he'd keep stringing me out since he's had the money. Maybe he just wants to delay me posting to more forums and linking his site? It's still up:

And is

https://hextracoin.com/ico/

a good site?

Embeco

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:54:21 PM

The guy got me on on oldie and it was completely my naivety. He duped me into using PayPal "friends and family", which is non-recoverable. As of yesterday he said he's sending payment via hextracoin.co, but now that site is down until ~ November 9.

I'm not sure why he'd keep stringing me out since he's had the money. Maybe he just wants to delay me posting to more forums and linking his site? It's still up:

And is

https://hextracoin.com/ico/

a good site?

A little late to reply, but better than nothing:
It doesn't look like you will be able to receive funds on Hextracoin anytime soon. And if so it will probably not be Bitcoin, but their own coin. This definitely sounds fishy to me.
atileture

Activity: 258
Merit: 57

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:18:58 PM

open Scam against him and proof it

why you pay 2000$ for domain may be for 30$

you must use trusted escrow first
SSAV777 (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:44:16 PM

open Scam against him and proof it

why you pay 2000$ for domain may be for 30$

you must use trusted escrow first

Hey just wanted to update everyone - this clown committed to paying me via: https://hextracoin.com/ico/ on November 9th. He lied, again. I'm not sure why he would continue to tell lies and perpetuate his petty scam, but that's exactly what he's doing. Over a mere $200USD! What an ass!

So yeah, I will need to push this issue further. Not only would I like my BTC, but I would like this clown a valuable lesson to not be a petty cheater and instead try to do right in life.

PayPal has said that can ban him, Liam Curran. I have another guy saying we can liquidate his PayPal assets as well. I am all for this. The guy needs to be taught a lesson.

So if the guy who PM'ed me is still around, and if there are any other folks who know a way to recoup my money and shut this guy down, then please let me know. Again, his scam website is:

He goes by Liam Curran on PayPal, he uses William Dutton as his name in email, and he also slipped up and used another fake name, James Stevenson <iivolcanpvp@gmail.com> in another email.

Obviously this guy is about as smart as a box of rocks, albiet, I let him him scam me. So yeah, ny bad with that, but I've been more than patient with him, and now it's time this guys gets his balls plastered to a wall for all to see.

E.B.M.E.: Q2q4XOh7QbqkgBAXqlr9-g@crm.wix.com
E.B.M.E.: p7mIsJ26ThOTwOL8g42jNg@crm.wix.com
E.B.M.E.: crypt0rev@gmail.com
James Stevenson: iivolcanpvp@gmail.com
William Dutton: reply@crm.wix.com

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! I want and need my $200USD in BTC. Thanks!

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:52:09 PM

Just first look at their site makes me think that these guys aren't British (company registered in the UK) or Australian. If they are they're some dumb fucks thinking that putting a couple commas in every sentence will make it look grammatical. Just look how the first text on their site is redacted:

E.B.M.E
The Full Story
Bitcoin is the world's first Decentralised Digital CurrencyThe fastest, lowest cost and most secure form of currency ever createdThe finite economic properties of gold with the ease of use of a credit card
Bitcoin has gone from $0.06 in 2010, to a parabolic $6,000 in 2017.  Many people describe bitcoin as a currency of the future, and it has many investors and figures of power, backing it.

Our buisness model, is derived off allowing anyone and everyone to easily and practically, purchase bitcoin.  We can safely say we charge the lowest fees amongst other established websites (0.5%-2.5%).  Rather than having to deal with automated, volatile bots, to purchase your bitcoin off, we provide a unique 1 on 1 experience, to establish trust and security throughout all purchases.  We will take you step by step on how to buy and store your bitcoins, or how we will pay you for your bitcoins.

If you wish to buy or sell bitcoins through us, please fill out a form, or email us (crypt0rev@gmail.com).  We will walk you through the process of how to set up an online wallet, and will be with you all the way as you aquire/sell this new revolutionary currency.
- The EBME Team, dedicated to your success

Some sentences lack spaces between words, but they have an abundance of commas everywhere. Some spelling errors and that gmail...
The site looks like it was made by some kid at school and the clumsy English makes it look unprofessional.

Simply email us (crypt0rev@gmail.com) to get started to investing your way to financial freedom, and getting your money to work for you.

Give me a break Cheesy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
SSAV777 (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:04:56 PM

Yeah, my fault for being in a hurry and getting scammed by an apparent ignoramus. I'm still after him and would like my BTC. I still have a gentleman telling me we can liquidate his PayPal, so that would be fun if the child refuses to honor a mere $200USD.

Anyone know of the BEST BTC source to purchase with a debit card in the U.S.A? Needing immediate BTC. Help please!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: