Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:18:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] * x2 0.15BTC @ £5 * - New UK Exchange Trials  (Read 3978 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:11:32 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 11:27:53 AM by owenprescott

I am sure a few will have heard by now, I have been developing a new UK exchange 'BTCSense'. At the moment I am at the testing/development stage and I would now like to test the payment system to make sure users are able to buy BTC without any issues. Once I am comfortable with the system and I have ironed out any possible technical issues I will then start selling/buying full orders at the exchange. So... I would like to fulfill 3 2 minor transactions with 3 2 different buyers, one after the other eliminating any potential issues occurring on both transactions.

If you are interested you will need to create an account (don't forget to include your Bitcoin address), simply complete the order and you be provided the necessary bank transfer details to make payment which will complete your end of the process. As soon as I receive your payment I will then send the BTC direct to your Bitcoin address. Feel free to leave a comment if you would like to be first to trial the exchange, I will only update the stock once you have confirmed you're ready, please keep discussion public. You must have more than 150 posts to be considered too, you are getting a little extra BTC for your efforts as a thanks for helping me trial the system. Smiley

UK Bank Transfer  Only
[Ready Now] First Transaction: 0.1BTC @ £5
[Pending...] Second Transaction: 0.1BTC @ £5
[Pending...] Third Transaction: 0.1BTC @ £5

Update
[Ready Now] First Transaction: 0.15BTC @ £5
[Pending...] Second Transaction: 0.1BTC @ £5

Update
[Ready Now] First Transaction: 0.3BTC @ £5

I would also appreciate feedback on the payment process, rep will be provided and I would appreciate your confirmations once you receive your BTC too. Obviously I am not going to scam for 0.1BTC but if you still want some reassurance I recently completed this transaction, I sent 1BTC after receiving payment and without Escrow too. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210396.msg2212402#msg2212402

Remember to leave a comment here as I will make BTC available on demand.
BTCSense.co.uk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:24:52 PM

I received no replies last night, I will make this offer one final time however this time offering two transactions instead of 3. The first buyer will now receive 0.15BTC for £5 which is more than 50% off the current value (£8's worth extra!).
Dougie

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

You are not special.

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:17:29 PM

I can help you with a transaction if you like.

If not best of luck with this. Make sure, if the site gets popular, to start implementing anti-money laundering and the likes. That's why all of the UK exchanges accounts of the various exchanges got closed.

Lurking since 2011...
1J4DhU3q6RxxCTfAAcg5ExVK6FfxkmzkTH
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:52:38 PM

If not best of luck with this. Make sure, if the site gets popular, to start implementing anti-money laundering and the likes. That's why all of the UK exchanges accounts of the various exchanges got closed.

Would you be able to test out a small amount? As noone else has been interested I will give you 0.3BTC for £5.  

Also yes I will do my best to take the necessary precautions, BTCSense does not hold an money and the transactions are actually bank transfers so are conducted outside of the system. I am just provifing an organise platform to connect our transactions.
Dougie

You are not special.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:40:41 AM

Would you be able to test out a small amount? As noone else has been interested I will give you 0.3BTC for £5.  

Also yes I will do my best to take the necessary precautions, BTCSense does not hold an money and the transactions are actually bank transfers so are conducted outside of the system. I am just provifing an organise platform to connect our transactions.
Sounds good but I'm sure all of the other systems thought they were safe but just crumbled due to their popularity and the UK banks vendetta against bitcoin.

I'm happy to test out a small amount. Send me a PM if you like.

Lurking since 2011...
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:26:38 AM

Shoot me a PM. I will help test. Smiley

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:25:36 AM

Sounds good but I'm sure all of the other systems thought they were safe but just crumbled due to their popularity and the UK banks vendetta against bitcoin.

I'm happy to test out a small amount. Send me a PM if you like.

Hi Dougie, so you would like to buy (0.3 @ £5)?  Let me know when you are ready and I will send you a link. I would also appreciate if you provide feedback on different steps to let me know if anything is confusing or any errors occur.
Jama

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:48:39 PM

I will test 0.3 at £5 if you still need someone.
I will be online for a while

EDIT: Just realised you are looking for 150+ posts.
I have done a few trades here so, but if you want someone else I understand.

Dougie

You are not special.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:52:31 PM

I've replied to your PM.

Lurking since 2011...
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:57:02 PM

I will test 0.3 at £5 if you still need someone.
I will be online for a while

EDIT: Just realised you are looking for 150+ posts.
I have done a few trades here so, but if you want someone else I understand.

Jama sorry I already agreed to dougie, I might be able to offer you a second transaction after. I noticed you have created an account and you're online so I will email you if I put up a second offer.
Jama

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:58:40 PM

Sure that is fair.
I will be around most of the afternoon on and off.

Also that is a very nice looking website, it looks like a lot of effort went into it.
I hope it works out for you.

bennett616

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 01:00:00 PM

I will test Smiley

Andy B

uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:03:09 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 01:22:11 PM by owenprescott

Dougie I just received your order in the system, please confirm here once you have sent the transfer. I will then confirm I have received and send your BTC. Smiley

Also you did not register you Bitcoin address to your user account or add it to the order details, in this circumstance I would have to email you to get your address.
I found it in the shipping details lol, perhaps I need to make the Bitcoin Address input more clear?
Dougie

You are not special.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:25:35 PM

Dougie I just received your order in the system, please confirm here once you have sent the transfer. I will then confirm I have received and send your BTC. Smiley

Also you did not register you Bitcoin address to your user account or add it to the order details, in this circumstance I would have to email you to get your address.
I found it in the shipping details lol, perhaps I need to make the Bitcoin Address input more clear?
I edited my account details after I'd made the order! I only read the bit about putting my address in the notes after my payment. I've sent you the payment and it should be through already. I've sent you a PM with a bit of feedback but overall it was pretty smooth other than the bitcoin address hiccup!

It's a nice site and I hope it's all going to work out.

Lurking since 2011...
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:31:59 PM

I edited my account details after I'd made the order! I only read the bit about putting my address in the notes after my payment. I've sent you the payment and it should be through already. I've sent you a PM with a bit of feedback but overall it was pretty smooth other than the bitcoin address hiccup!

It's a nice site and I hope it's all going to work out.

At the moment the account has not received your transfer, I will wait 20mins if that is ok, just to see if it is some kind of delay. If I don't receive it I will send your BTC anyway and see if it does not work with a second buyer.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:36:18 PM

Dougie I did in fact receive your payment, I just had to sign back into the account. I will be sending your Bitcoins over now. Thanks for your feedback too.
Dougie

You are not special.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:38:10 PM

Dougie I did in fact receive your payment, I just had to sign back into the account. I will be sending your Bitcoins over now. Thanks for your feedback too.
Perfect. Sorry, I sent another PM! Lots of messages flying around.

Lurking since 2011...
Dougie

You are not special.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:54:01 PM

I can confirm that I received the payment. The transaction went very smoothly. There was a few things that I made comment on via PM but I will allow Owen to use the feedback as he pleases and not post it here directly.

Thanks again.

Best of luck with the site. I'm sure I'll be back to buy more!

Lurking since 2011...
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:56:49 PM

I can confirm that I received the payment. The transaction went very smoothly. There was a few things that I made comment on via PM but I will allow Owen to use the feedback as he pleases and not post it here directly.

Thanks again.

Best of luck with the site. I'm sure I'll be back to buy more!

Having received feedback from Dougie I have noted some minor issues that I can change to improve the user experience and transaction process.

1. It was not clear enough that the Bitcoin address should be added during registration or in the order notes.
I can make adding a Bitcoin address mandatory from the start to fix this.

2. Will it be automated?
This will depend on demand, at the moment I am more in favor of adding staff to complete the transactions as we grow. This prevents users risk their money by holding money in our system.

3. Shipping details
The shipping details are available as merchants will be able to sell their physical products on BTCSense for a small fee, Shipping details are therefore necessary. In regards to BTC exchanges these details are not necessary, all that should be required is the Username, Bitcoin address and Email (Contact if info is missing or any issues arise).

+1 Rep for Dougie on this transaction.

I will work a bit more on these points before any new user experience tests. Thanks to everyone who has joined BTCSense too, I will send emails directly if special offers are available.
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:53:18 PM

I don't mind helping you test this out. I might advertise on your site if everything goes well.

+1 For the idea of UK based exchange

Teka
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: