Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:10:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGox OKPay Error  (Read 1183 times)
sunriselad (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:10:44 AM

Hi there
I wonder if anyone could help me.
I got my OKPay account verified by MTGox so that I could make a withdrawal and withdrew $100.
I checked in the account history and it shows Status: error. (see below)
However my money is gone from the account! What sort of transfer still takes the money out if it errors!

No answer from their support.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grinny

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:02:43 AM

As far as i know, Okpay is currently revising their API.
BTC-E.com has paused the withdrawal/deposite via Okpay therefore since Thursday last week.
The official ETA for the new API is today - so hopefully your transaction will resume later/tomorrow.
But I don't know weather your problem is in reference to the API readjustment at all...

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
sunriselad (OP)

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:23:50 PM

What I can't understand is if the transfer has errored why take my money!
RoadToHell

Activity: 260

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:27:36 AM

I have run into the exact same issue.  The status went from PENDING to CONFIRMED after a short period.  It stayed at CONFIRMED for several hours and it is now set to ERROR.

The money is gone from the Mt. Gox account and the transaction does not show up at all on my OKPay account.

Has anyone else run into this?  Have you gotten any information from Mt. Gox?

I submitted a support request about it and will update here if I hear back from them.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
RoadToHell

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:56:08 AM

Here is the reply I got from them:
Hello,

Thank you for your email.We have retried the transaction and its in process,it should go through soon.Please let us know if you still wish to cancel and transfer funds back to your Mtgox account.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

The status on the transaction is now set to "todo".  I'm not sure how that differs from PENDING, but it sounds like they still need to do one or more manual steps.  I asked them to just cancel it so that I can create a new transaction.  I'll update here with the results of that request.

Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
Nova!

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:33:00 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 09:14:39 PM by Nova!

Here is the reply I got from them:
Hello,

Thank you for your email.We have retried the transaction and its in process,it should go through soon.Please let us know if you still wish to cancel and transfer funds back to your Mtgox account.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

The status on the transaction is now set to "todo".  I'm not sure how that differs from PENDING, but it sounds like they still need to do one or more manual steps.  I asked them to just cancel it so that I can create a new transaction.  I'll update here with the results of that request.

FYI OKPay may be a scam.  I really wanted them to be legit, but when I saw what they were asking for documentation wise and their justification for it, I decided to check them out with the government that they claim to be operating under.  A search turned up no records that they are registered with the Financial Services Comission of the BVI and they list no other authority under which they operate nor a license number of any sort.

I contacted the FSC to request more information and they can't find them either.
I've opened a thread in the scams section of this board to discuss the matter further.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212832.0

Be careful trusting anyone with your money and especially your personal documents like passport, bank statement and utility bill.

Just to be clear.  They have taken no money from me.  However OKPay accepts deposits but does not allow withdrawls until you are fully verified.  The documents they are requesting are more than sufficient for someone to commit identity theft with and the way they are requiring you submit them (scanned copy 150dpi scan), make it very easy for someone to print off and run around pretending to be you.  A photograph is unacceptable even a high resolution one.  Also the entire premise of submitting scans of these documents is invalid.  It doesn't meet KYC standards for any country that I know about.  KYC varies a bit from country to country but in general would require a process that involves mailing the customer a packet of account information.  The customer fills this information out, has it Notarized and then returns the packet.  Yes it would include a color copy of a national ID, but that scan alone is not sufficient, the scan is supposed to be notarized.

Anyways be careful out there, all these places that have been getting shuttered lately have 1 thing in common, they did not take the time and effort to register as a money transmitter and did not correctly comply with the relevant laws.

Donate @ 1LE4D5ERPZ4tumNoYe5GMeB5p9CZ1xKb4V
RoadToHell

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:31:18 AM

Nova - I appreciate the concern.  So far all of the problems with the transaction have been within the Mt. Gox domain of control.

In the dept. of "you can't make this shit up":
My initial request to cancel the transaction was done as a follow-up to my original support request.  After not hearing back and seeing no change in status I suspected they considered it closed and would never see my request.  So I opened a new request asking them to cancel the transaction so I could initiate a new untainted transaction.  I received a reply in about an hour saying that they had canceled the transaction as per my request.  Great.  I initiated a new withdrawal for one dollar more than the now canceled transaction (so that it wouldn't be confused with the canceled transaction).  The new withdrawal didn't go anywhere right away so I let it be for a few hours.  When I went back to check I saw that it too had now been canceled.  I checked my email and sure enough, there was a reply to my original request saying that the transaction was canceled.  In both requests I had included the transaction reference number as well as the dollar amount.  So the second support person never checked the dollar amount nor the transaction reference number on the transaction they canceled.  They just saw a transaction on my account and canceled it.

"We're from Mt. Gox support and we're here to help."  Embarrassed

RoadToHell

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:55:20 PM

So the new withdrawal transaction I initiated has now also gone to an error status.  I have submitted a new support request to Mt. Gox but am not holding out much hope.

RoadToHell

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:58:11 PM

Has anyone that's reading this been able to withdraw from Mt. Gox to OKPay since 5/21?  If so, please reply here and also include whether or not your Mt. Gox and OKPay accounts are verified or not verified.

Thanks

dudel42

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:38:11 AM

from my experience the "error" status happens when mtgox is out of okpay reserves for too long.

why they don't regularly top up their reserves is the real question: are they just lazy or do they want to delay withdrawals on purpose (my guess).

i've had okpay withdrawals automatically change from error back to todo and processed, without support.

would be nice if they posted their reserves somewhere, so you can make a decision before initiating the withdrawal.
RoadToHell

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:27:43 PM

from my experience the "error" status happens when mtgox is out of okpay reserves for too long.

why they don't regularly top up their reserves is the real question: are they just lazy or do they want to delay withdrawals on purpose (my guess).

i've had okpay withdrawals automatically change from error back to todo and processed, without support.

would be nice if they posted their reserves somewhere, so you can make a decision before initiating the withdrawal.

@dude42: That's what I had guessed was behind it.

It would definitely be nice if they would own up to this.  Their current behavior makes them seem [more?] technically incompetent as opposed to just bad business managers.  A status of "Pending Reserve Deposit" would be great - along with an option to cancel the transaction so that one could withdraw the money through another channel.

zocipro

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:31:59 PM

I got a response from their side, they did some updating, it's all ok at my account!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: