Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:51:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do if...  (Read 729 times)
Alba (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:16:45 PM

First of all sorry for the bait title  Grin

But to my main question.

If you guys had $80-$160K to spend on ASIC/GPU mining rigs. Your electricity cost was $0.003 per kWh ( yes 0.003 not 0.03 ) and had a spacious room with Air conditioning running 24/7 at 15C.

What would you buy and why and would you be able to breakeven in 6 months?

Would you setup your own pool as well or is that not enough hashing power for the $ invested.

You can account for 5x difficulty if we're talking L3+ or D3+

Please remember my electricity is almost free so that factor should be taken in the I can run these machines 24/7 with my only cost being the initial investment.

I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:45:34 PM

But to my main question.

If you guys had $80-$160K to spend on ASIC/GPU mining rigs. Your electricity cost was $0.003 per kWh ( yes 0.003 not 0.03 ) and had a spacious room with Air conditioning running 24/7 at 15C.

Would you setup your own pool as well or is that not enough hashing power for the $ invested.

Please remember my electricity is almost free so that factor should be taken in the I can run these machines 24/7 with my only cost being the initial investment.

I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks

I'm just going point out one important thing, regular "Air Conditioning" cannot deal with the amount of heat generated by many ASIC Miners.
You will need a way to circulate cool air to the intake of the miners and draw off the hot air from the exhaust and expel it from your mining area. That's a key point in setting up any largish amount of miners. AC alone will "usually" not be the only answer for cooling.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:55:52 PM

Somehow that looks very imaginary space for mining office.  Roll Eyes

That is heavenly condition if you would ask me because that would increase the profitability a lot. I mean air condition, electricity cost at 0.003 cents that's just crazy one  Tongue

I would definitely set up 10 rig units of GTX 1070 ti model which has capacity of 200 mega hash per second and that would be cheap to buy if other factors are already maintained as you said. This rig will give a lot of profit because the investment would be far less as compared to asic units.
Alba (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:16:27 PM

Somehow that looks very imaginary space for mining office.  Roll Eyes

That is heavenly condition if you would ask me because that would increase the profitability a lot. I mean air condition, electricity cost at 0.003 cents that's just crazy one  Tongue

I would definitely set up 10 rig units of GTX 1070 ti model which has capacity of 200 mega hash per second and that would be cheap to buy if other factors are already maintained as you said. This rig will give a lot of profit because the investment would be far less as compared to asic units.

S9 costs $1500 if you include shipping and the PSU from bitmain directly- just good luck getting one lol let alone 100 hehe

Did some calculations breakeven would be in 86 days.. still have a feeling something wrong and I'm sure someone will slap me with it. Also says one will make 1.44 BTC per annum which is not bad actually.

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:51:41 PM

Is this a room that you can modify as you wish, ie - do you own it? 

If so I would look into what the electrical capacity actually is. If it's a typical home or office building (in USA at least) it will probably need some major electrical upgrades in order to power more then a few mining rigs.

Then figure out a good hot air exhaust system; if you can't move cool air in and hot air out you will just bake everything.  Once you get more then 2-3 rigs in there your AC unit will not be able to keep up, dirt cheap power or not.

After spending the money to fix those problems mentioned above, I would probably buy a couple asics and put the rest into GPU mining rigs. If you can find them I would do a a mix of Rx 470/480s, GTX 1070s, and GTX 1080 Ti systems.
vrap.pm

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:20:17 PM

If i has that kind ogf money to spend in GPU´s i would mount a lot of rigs with nvidia 1080ti.
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:45:33 PM

I would make r9 390/r9 390x rigs! They're half as cheap as the gtx 1070 and give almost as good as hashpower on ethash and i think even more on monero! they'll pobwbly ROI in 4 months or less with that cheap power
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:54:25 AM

I would make r9 390/r9 390x rigs! They're half as cheap as the gtx 1070 and give almost as good as hashpower on ethash and i think even more on monero! they'll pobwbly ROI in 4 months or less with that cheap power

That's not a bad idea to consider. With power next to free those older, power hungry GPUs look allot more appealing. Finding new ones in good quantities may be an issue since they're end of the line for awhile now.
Alba (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:58:06 AM

Im surprised people are saying buy GPUs; ROI nowhere near as good as an ASIC.. Ofcourse the trick is finding and getting an ASIC lol..

And yes big room, owned and will have proper exchaust and intake system.
Dimid

Activity: 702
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:21:33 AM

I would advise you to buy promising coins. Less problems and faster profit x2 - x3
Prospective coins for 2017-2018: WINGS, WAVES, OPUS(fast x3), Bancor, Matchpool, Mysterium, Status, MGO, BAT, 0x.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 06:13:53 AM

But to my main question.

I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks

there is any limit of your total kw/h usage ? or do you have unlimited amps ?
Air conditioning not going to work with a lot of asic hardware , you need to provide the ideal airflow to keep those asic miners in the safe temp range

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:22:20 AM

But to my main question.

I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks

Wet dreams  Smiley OK:

1 RIG with 13xGTX1080Ti is about 11k, so these sum is enough only for 12-13 RIGs (4.0-4.5 kW per RIG) and network and power infrastructure. And Air conditioning is not so neccessary. Good ventilation will be enough. And for these GPU quantity the room of 40-50 square meters will be also enough. If you need no pay a rent for the room the ROI of hardware well will be 6-9 month.

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 06:28:27 AM

First of all sorry for the bait title  Grin

But to my main question.

If you guys had $80-$160K to spend on ASIC/GPU mining rigs.

I might would invest that money into coins , instead of mining asic hardware Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:49:06 AM

70% of the budget probably Buy for a long term GPU mining Rigs, might be a 1080TIs or Vega, but ROI for 6 months right now is not attainable, but possible, depends on the coin price in the long run. then probably 30% for the trading.
Ben271286

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

I love this Game!

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:23:37 AM

I would advise you to buy promising coins. Less problems and faster profit x2 - x3
Prospective coins for 2017-2018: WINGS, WAVES, OPUS(fast x3), Bancor, Matchpool, Mysterium, Status, MGO, BAT, 0x.

Absolutely agree! let me add some:

Ark
DeepOnion
Pay (TenX)
Eqt (EquiTrader)
Xid (Sphre-Air)

my 2 cent
Alba (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:01:01 PM

But to my main question.

I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks

there is any limit of your total kw/h usage ? or do you have unlimited amps ?
Air conditioning not going to work with a lot of asic hardware , you need to provide the ideal airflow to keep those asic miners in the safe temp range

No limits to kWh usage. Space will have a wall segregating intake from exhaust with proper ventilation to remove the hot air; while the intake part will be cooled with AC units (several).

Still surprised most are saying GPUs; ROI is abysmal on GPUs and will only get worst - I'm primarily fixated on mining more established currencies such as BTC LTC etc. I'm not interested in trading or investing in "promising" coins; that approach is too risky.

It's more of a long term approach of mining established coins and holding long term. You get more coins mining over a year than if you just buy off the market.

Unless I'm mistaken I apologize in advance - still surprising not more people saying ASIC better than GPU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: