Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:55:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a bad time?  (Read 744 times)
lobois1337 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:02:35 AM

New here. Hi all  Grin.  Lurking around forum and I noticed a "the world is coming to an end" sort of vibe going around based on the exchanges going down.  Well not only on forum, but all over the web I guess news and such. I'm not of this opinion myself.  I feel it will bounce back, even with the negative media.  Nice to meet everyone.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:10:09 AM

Can you share the link?

lobois1337 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:25:17 AM

Just did a quick search on this referring to scamming.  http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/25/4767768/get-rich-quick-bitcoin-scams-bitcoin-robot
I was also basing it on the exchanges closing litecoinglobal.com for example.
Jumpy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:06:42 AM

I think that the bitcoin world is constantly in a state of flux. The community is not falling apart, but for several reasons, it is difficult for businesses to operate stably. You will find that there is always a crisis of some sort going on, so just be careful where you put your money.

PM me if you want to advertise on this signature.
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:47:22 AM

the bitcoin world is growing steadily and more professionell then ever, in my opinion
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:08:57 PM

It's an exciting time, I'll say that.  Cheesy
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:43:14 PM

i am worried about mt gox.

Bitconorama

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Just trust me.

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:44:48 PM

Major technological advancements have always faced adversity as people struggle to understand, accept and apply the changes in their lives. It is difficult for people in general to overcome their complacency in the established norm. "That's the way it's been done. That's the way we'll do it." For whatever reasons that can be found, be it ignorance; morally objectionable; legislatively questionable, the world struggles to find a way to deal with something new it has never seen before. It raises new questions and challenges that have never been addressed.

Now, not only is Bitcoin in concept a difficult thing to grasp, but it is a directly offensive challenge to very large, very long established markets. There's a great number of powerful people & industries that have a hell of a lot to lose with the acceptance, growth and use of BTC. However, one of the beautiful things about BTC is that it can move into even these industries (financial & governmental) without causing the damage these special interests fear IF those at risk are forward thinking enough to adapt their model.

Setbacks and negativity surrounding BTC right now are only signs of a technology experiencing growing pains. As far as exchanges go, there are plenty, and some needed to die out. Where one fails, another will take root better adapted to the landscape.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:53:09 PM

Worried? You mean your trying to withdraw flat I guess.

Anon135246

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:55:00 PM

People who have money in Mt Gox are screwed.
lobois1337 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:59:08 PM

I agree, A lot of people that are set in ways when it comes to living (paying bills, income, investing etc.) They are not comfortable with change. I agree it may be due to ignorance.  Also some will just completely and literally protest the integration of crypto currencies.  I don't think it will cause a downfall of today's culture, (not anymore than referring to Miley Cyrus as an artist) but it's definitely shaking things up.  I do enjoy seeing the many merchants that are incorporating crypto into their checkout payment process. I'm glad to see that everyone posting has a very positive outlook.
Marbit

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:34:52 PM

i think we may dip quite a ways for a while, though. price-wise. before the next bubble of course!  Grin
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 09:29:42 PM

If you got it from BTC-e, you should know, that they are the ultimate troll box.
tearfereon

Activity: 138

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:53:41 PM

Worried? You mean your trying to withdraw flat I guess.

I dont care about Mt Gox as I dont have USD there, but Im watching with popcorn, very interesting
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: