Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:58:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling my FGPA Collection. Get it before it goes to auction!  (Read 1175 times)
BitcoinMiningCompany (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:25:33 PM

Greeting. I have an 8 unit FPGA collection that I am looking to sell as soon as possible as I have just taken a new job and I have to move in a few weeks. I was planning on placing the collection up for individual auction as to maximize my return, but I am willing to sell the collection as a whole at a reduced profit in order to obtain the btc that I need for moving.

I am offing my whole collection:

3 (three) BFL SHA256 Single units. These run the stock firmware ~824 MH/s (but I have used the higher firmware clockspeed with success).

1 stack of 4 (four) x6500 Rev 3 FPGA from FPGA Mining. This runs ~1600 MH/s in total.

1 (one) ModMinerQuad FPGA 820+ Mh/s FPGA.

PSU and all cables are included. The x6500 stack is running via MPBM (Modular Python Bitcoin Miner) as the mining software and the other four FPGAs are running cgminer.

I have been using this rig for a few months now and it has been running reliably. All units are in proper working order.

I will sell the entire package for 40BTC to the first person who accepts. If I cannot find a buyer in 1 week, I will auction the FPGAs individually instead (or place on eBay).

Please let me know if you want to buy. First person to complete transaction get the whole package.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:26:25 PM

Please PM if you wish to buy.  Thank you.
dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:29:48 AM

PM'd
Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:01:48 PM

You are asking 40 BTC for 5 GH/s of FPGAs. By comparison 50 BTC gets you 13 GH/s of ASICMINER ASICs. I'm not trolling as I'm possibly interested in the BFL FPGAs but I suspect your idea of their value is grossly inflated. May send a PM with an offer.
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:04:59 PM

You are asking 40 BTC for 5 GH/s of FPGAs. By comparison 50 BTC gets you 13 GH/s of ASICMINER ASICs. I'm not trolling as I'm possibly interested in the BFL FPGAs but I suspect your idea of their value is grossly inflated. May send a PM with an offer.

+1

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:14:20 PM

Simple. I can mine a steady BTC with my rig per month now and electricity is inexpensive in my area. I can continue to mine bitcoin with my rig and make more than selling for a few btc now. In addition, since these are FPGAs I can still have use for them after I stop BitCoin mining.

I am simply asking to make a sell on a forum. Why my motives and character are at questions seems a little unfair, as I assume no one would like if it was reversed onto them. I don't take offense to the original posting and question, but I feel I had to make a statement when the +1 people jump on.

I will only be responding to PM and not on this posting as do not want this to start a troll posting.

Thank you.
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:02:14 AM

Simple. I can mine a steady BTC with my rig per month now and electricity is inexpensive in my area. I can continue to mine bitcoin with my rig and make more than selling for a few btc now. In addition, since these are FPGAs I can still have use for them after I stop BitCoin mining.

I am simply asking to make a sell on a forum. Why my motives and character are at questions seems a little unfair, as I assume no one would like if it was reversed onto them. I don't take offense to the original posting and question, but I feel I had to make a statement when the +1 people jump on.

I will only be responding to PM and not on this posting as do not want this to start a troll posting.

Thank you.

While that is true, your offer is still misleading, considering the Blockeruptors...
Bitweasil

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:46:16 PM

While that is true, your offer is still misleading, considering the Blockeruptors...

You are free to simply NOT BUY THINGS YOU DO NOT FEEL ARE A GOOD VALUE.  It's a whole lot easier than running around everywhere going "That's a bad deal!  You'd be stupid to buy that!  Don't buy that thing you want for a price you think is fair!  I don't think it's a good deal!"

And, as noted, the FPGAs are actually useful for something after the end of their usefulness with bitcoin.  The ASICs, should something happen to bitcoin, are simply scrap.

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:13:32 PM

You are free to simply NOT BUY THINGS YOU DO NOT FEEL ARE A GOOD VALUE.  It's a whole lot easier than running around everywhere going "That's a bad deal!  You'd be stupid to buy that!  Don't buy that thing you want for a price you think is fair!  I don't think it's a good deal!"

And, as noted, the FPGAs are actually useful for something after the end of their usefulness with bitcoin.  The ASICs, should something happen to bitcoin, are simply scrap.

I like FPGAs and own some of them myself Wink

The hashing power is an equivalent of 5 Ztex Boards. 840mh/s will yield 0.824BTC at current difficulty at 100% uptime.
I guess for around three months, we will see further 20% increases. So 0,6592 the second month, 0,5274 the third month, 0,421 the fourth. 2,4BTC in four months per device, considering that only Avalon ships its chips. If ASICminer, BFL and Avalon deliver, I have been undercalculating by a lot.

I am not meaning to bash you. But if you want to sell these HERE, then I would factor this in. If you want to make a FAT buck, sell them on ebay right now. This is going to be WAY better for you than selling here, since there are no naysayers that do their math.

The reason is the following: In Dollars or Euros, the buyer can speculate to win by the price. In BTC, he has to find that if current difficulty increases are to stay, he will never break even... He might break even through selling the new BTC for another price, but that is just as risky, simply adding the conversion fee to the price Wink

I will also be honest: Comparing prices, I'd rather take your offer than the Blockeruptors, because the FPGAs are at least worth it and not having a 2000% premium...

Reckman

Activity: 711

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:36:35 AM

40 seems to be market price right now, doesnt really make sense to me though....but stop flaming
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: