Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:09:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fastest 2D animation explainer workflow  (Read 134 times)
JoeClark (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:35:18 AM

Hello,

I would like to create some 2D animations as an amateur side project, which will include vector and raster art, audio (voice, music and sounds), and lip syncing.

I'm not a professional graphics artist, I do know how to use some software to some extent, like Photoshop, Illustrator, Inkscape, Gimp and others.

I would like to produce the 2d Animation Explainer in the shortest time possible because I have other things to do, so I would like to know what workflow would be the fastest and what software should I use.
I would prefer to use free and open source software if possible.

I already looked into Synfig and OpenToonz and some other tools, but there is no easy to setup lip syncing on them, maybe I could use another software for this.

I think it would be faster to use a bone/skeletal animation method to rig and animate the characters. Drawing frame by frame would take too long.

I also think that I could grab images on the internet and use them instead of drawing everything, I know that some images may have a copyright that won't allow me to use them.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: