Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:59:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitAxe.ca] ASIC Mining Equipment Manufacturer - JUST LAUNCHED!!  (Read 19297 times)
ChaseD (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:17:18 AM

What am I suppose to do with a board with no Asics and no serial or USB port? Why would I even want to mount my chips on your board, so I can stick them on my wall and say that I am cool?

WHO

Are you willing to verify your identity?

Of course, but only to one hero member of the community's choosing.

I smell rotting fish.

Do you? Why? Because we are willing to verify our identity to you?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChaseD (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:19:12 AM

Well, PayPal is a good sign at least...right?

Seriously though we've had a rash of ASIC sellers appear on newb accounts.

There are plenty of things you can do to allay peoples' fears straight from the off.

We totally understand that and realize that earning trust will be an uphill battle.
ChaseD (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:23:34 AM

We don't have AVALON ASIC chips. You have to send yours in if you want full assembly.

Once the orders for fully assembled AVALON supplied ASICs reaches a threshold then we will order a batch of chips from Avalon.

You can order PCB's that fit your Avalon ASIC now however.

If you say this why does website state your in phase 3 "Build and sell Avalon ASIC Rigs and all the components. We will carry stock from the smallest screw upto an entire fully assembled ASIC rig!"   Is the chip itself not in your phase 3 statement?

Because phase 3 is a few months away, at which time we will assemble Avalon ASIC rigs with either your ASIC chips or with our Avalon supplied ASIC chips.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:30:06 AM

I'm not an engineer (tho many here are), but how can you be 100% sure these will work when you haven't yet had a chance to try putting Avalon's chips in them?  All the other DIY Avalon producers say they are waiting on sample chips to make final adjustments & ensure they hash correctly.
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:31:22 AM

beware of sweat talker.. only have 22 posts what kind credibility can you get? you are very misleading with your order page up with the different payment processors , newbies beware of his crap.. what a joker
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:32:34 AM

Do you have all the parts for the hash unit except the ASIC ?
ChaseD (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:39:58 AM

I'm not an engineer (tho many here are), but how can you be 100% sure these will work when you haven't yet had a chance to try putting Avalon's chips in them?  All the other DIY Avalon producers say they are waiting on sample chips to make final adjustments & ensure they hash correctly.

Honestly we are trusting Avalon's design. The manufacturer is established and high quality, so that is not a risk at all. If there is a  manufacturer's defect we will rectify the situation.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:43:41 AM

I'm not an engineer (tho many here are), but how can you be 100% sure these will work when you haven't yet had a chance to try putting Avalon's chips in them?  All the other DIY Avalon producers say they are waiting on sample chips to make final adjustments & ensure they hash correctly.

Honestly we are trusting Avalon's design. The manufacturer is established and high quality, so that is not a risk at all. If there is a  manufacturer's defect we will rectify the situation.

Well I have one of my boards with 5 dead chips.
Perhaps you can at least provide Avalon local support?

P.S.

Reply when you can to the pm I sent Smiley
ChaseD (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:44:50 AM

beware of sweat talker.. only have 22 posts what kind credibility can you get? you are very misleading with your order page up with the different payment processors , newbies beware of his crap.. what a joker

Totally understandable and we would be thinking the very same thing if we were in your shoes.

However, we have to start somewhere. We understand your mistrust and we are willing to put in the time to gain it. We have PCB's ready to go right now and the first person to order one will verify there quality and authenticity.
ChaseD (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:54:44 AM

Honestly we are trusting Avalon's design. The manufacturer is established and high quality, so that is not a risk at all. If there is a  manufacturer's defect we will rectify the situation.

P.S.

Well we will be carrying basically the entire Avalon inventory soon (no Avalon ASIC yet of course) Wink

We have PCB's now and are working on many many other components. The BOM's alone take a good 2 days to work through.

PM replied.
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:11:02 AM

I'm not an engineer (tho many here are), but how can you be 100% sure these will work when you haven't yet had a chance to try putting Avalon's chips in them?  All the other DIY Avalon producers say they are waiting on sample chips to make final adjustments & ensure they hash correctly.

Honestly we are trusting Avalon's design. The manufacturer is established and high quality, so that is not a risk at all. If there is a  manufacturer's defect we will rectify the situation.

P.S.

Sorry to get off topic but how do you know 5 chips are dead.
jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:39:25 AM

I think your prices are steep. Steamboat's group buy is providing completed PCBs for ~$100 - not to mention 16 rather than 10 ASIC pads per card. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192916.0

Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:08:09 AM

P.S.

Sorry to get off topic but how do you know 5 chips are dead.

Not sure if they are dead but rather not reporting.

Post for failed chips.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=156323.msg1993448#msg1993448

Here is the photos of the unit before and after power supply upgrade.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=156323.msg1910169#msg1910169
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:15:01 AM

I think your prices are steep. Steamboat's group buy is providing completed PCBs for ~$100 - not to mention 16 rather than 10 ASIC pads per card. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192916.0

They may not have been aware of the other DIY projects on the go.

I am happy to say that I was able to speak with a real human tonight.

After speaking with them on the phone I may be getting them to look at the defective unit.

As a Canadian DIY Avalon Startup I wish them success.

I may even get them to build 2 extra modules for my units....

However like they had posted, presently they have to wait on Avalon ASIC Chips before they get to that stage.

sniffinpoprocks

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:35:44 AM

Get them to look at as in...send to them, never to be seen again?

“Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:00:40 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 08:37:47 AM by Sitarow

Get them to look at as in...send to them, never to be seen again?

No not at all. I will do this in person.
bit_wizard

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:34:51 PM

My current plan is to purchase several Bitburners with the 200 chips I have purchased in Zefir's group 2 buy.  But seeing this as an option is interesting because I could save from the European taxes, since I am located in the GTA. But beating that "German Engineering" will be difficult in my eyes. I, having an electrical background, believe it should matter what type of circuitry one uses; I would hope Japanese Smiley

-So where were these boards made? Can we get some specifications on them?
-And correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't notice any mention to a cooling device and/or system?
-When was the purchase of your Avalon chips? I would like to decide if I shall send my order to your company or not.
-I see your company is eager to sell, but why no mention of a warranty?  Bitburners come with a 2 year warranty I believe.

Sitarow I am not sure where you are located, but I would like to give you a "Vote" towards verifying thier identities, along with some other things no doubt. Since it does mention on thier website's FAQ page that "one hero member of the community's choosing" would be able to do this.

Thank you.
bit_wizard

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:52:13 PM

They have a map on thier website where they claim to be.
https://bitaxe.ca/contact/

Anyone able to take the time to investigate would be appreciated.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:11:10 PM

My current plan is to purchase several Bitburners with the 200 chips I have purchased in Zefir's group 2 buy.  But seeing this as an option is interesting because I could save from the European taxes, since I am located in the GTA. But beating that "German Engineering" will be difficult in my eyes. I, having an electrical background, believe it should matter what type of circuitry one uses; I would hope Japanese Smiley

-And correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't notice any mention to a cooling device and/or system?
-When was the purchase of your Avalon chips? I would like to decide if I shall send my order to your company or not.
-I see your company is eager to sell, but why no mention of a warranty?  Bitburners come with a 2 year warranty I believe.

Sitarow I am not sure where you are located, but I would like to give you a "Vote" towards verifying thier identities, along with some other things no doubt. Since it does mention on thier website's FAQ page that "one hero member of the community's choosing" would be able to do this.

Thank you.

I have spoken with one of the reps from the company and will be schedualing a meeting with them.

At this stage of the game however the urgency is only once Avalon start to send out the ASIC chips.

I am willing to "test" their board by having them potentially repair one of the modules in my Avalon unit. At least that would show that the boards work.
jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:58:08 PM

My current plan is to purchase several Bitburners with the 200 chips I have purchased in Zefir's group 2 buy.  But seeing this as an option is interesting because I could save from the European taxes, since I am located in the GTA. But beating that "German Engineering" will be difficult in my eyes. I, having an electrical background, believe it should matter what type of circuitry one uses; I would hope Japanese Smiley

-I see your company is eager to sell, but why no mention of a warranty?  Bitburners come with a 2 year warranty I believe.

Thank you.

I have spoken with one of the reps from the company and will be schedualing a meeting with them.

At this stage of the game however the urgency is only once Avalon start to send out the ASIC chips.

I am willing to "test" their board by having them potentially repair one of the modules in my Avalon unit. At least that would show that the boards work.

I'm interested in visiting as well. I'm somewhat in the neighborhood as I'm in Calgary.

btw: ChaseD check your PMs
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: