Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:50:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitAxe.ca] ASIC Mining Equipment Manufacturer - JUST LAUNCHED!!  (Read 19306 times)
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:24:40 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 10:03:58 PM by Sitarow

Yes...I am very patient. How about a picture of you, holding the PCB in front of your office at the Advanced Technology Centre?

Today I along with 2 other colleagues have met with one of their reps for lunch.

He brought along 3 of their PCB's to give out.

The meeting was productive and we walked away with a few more irons in the fire.

They are in discussions about exploring other options to provide cloned Avalon units following the path set by other project teams.

I have included photos below of the pcb's

I could of taken video however I think its best to see if I can get the thermal image video of Avalon Unit #445 module #6 that is acting up.

Getting TI video/images of it running before and after and being able to use one of the V1.3 boards would help demonstrate that the plans do work with
Avalon ASIC chips along with giving clout to their ability to do what they claim.

I am told that this pcb is not resin filled however it is V1.3

Perhaps Edmonton will be seeing their 2nd gold rush event soon.

One thing I like about this new version from Avalon team is how flush the ASIC thermal pad will contact the Heat sink.

Will see after today and tomorrows meeting goes on what next step will be taken to get the repair done.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bit_wizard

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:28:39 PM

Thank you for your time and efforts.
ChaseD (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:45:22 PM

Thanks  again  for meeting  me  for  lunch Sitarow. We  are  aggressively  hunting  down a  thermal  imager  to  find  out  exactly  which chips are  not working.

I'll keep you  informed.
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:12:54 AM

When are you going to build the FPGA controller board?
ChaseD (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:20:02 AM

Currently we are waiting on parts. I cannot give you a definite timeline as we still have to order the last few parts.

We are currently concentrating on fixing Sitarow's 5 non-operating ASIC's on his Avalon unit.

Sorry to be so vague, but we will definitely keep the forum updated as we progress.
ChaseD (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:25:08 AM

######################################

******NOTE******

We have had 2 customers in the last 2 days have issues with Paypal. I have called Paypal directly and they have informed me that they can see the attempted payments (proves Bitaxe.ca is passing the meta data on properly). They have said in both instances that it was DECLINED BY PAYPAL due to an issue with the CUSTOMER'S account. The said that it was PAYPAL that declined it and not the Credit Card being declined.

I have verified that the Paypal API is doing what it is supposed to, so it is not something BitAxe can fix. Its an issue with the individuals accounts that only PAYPAL can fix. (Paypal has verified this)

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH PAYPAL PAYMENTS PLEASE CONTACT PAYPAL DIRECTLY THOUGH THE FOLLOWING LINK TO FIX THE PROBLEM:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab

On a positive note the other BitPay / Paypal / Credit Card payments have gone through perfectly.

Regards,
The Team@BitAxe.ca

######################################
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:57:12 AM

Currently we are waiting on parts. I cannot give you a definite timeline as we still have to order the last few parts.

We are currently concentrating on fixing Sitarow's 5 non-operating ASIC's on his Avalon unit.

Sorry to be so vague, but we will definitely keep the forum updated as we progress.

Have you placed order/orders for Avalon chips yet? I just placed order for the $389 fully assembled board including chips. Can you elaborate on timeline/expectation for delivery of the fully assembled miner?
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:04:41 AM

Something is wrong with either U7 or U8 make sure to check solder at U7 lead 36 and 37 also check solder at U8 leads 1 and 2.
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:11:45 PM

FYI: I have placed orders for the complete Avalon miners listed on the bitaxe.ca website for $389. Being an exceptionally early order I offer to review/take pictures and shoot video of product once delivered.

I have no affiliation with bitaxe.ca or any of it's employees, investors or founders. I live in the Midwest US and have requested delivery timeline etc. from bitaxe.ca and also made it clear that I am willing to verify their product without compensation in any form.
Miracek

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:40:01 PM

FYI: I have placed orders for the complete Avalon miners listed on the bitaxe.ca website for $389. Being an exceptionally early order I offer to review/take pictures and shoot video of product once delivered.

I have no affiliation with bitaxe.ca or any of it's employees, investors or founders. I live in the Midwest US and have requested delivery timeline etc. from bitaxe.ca and also made it clear that I am willing to verify their product without compensation in any form.

Keep us posted
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:58:45 PM

Any reply about a delivery timeline?

nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 09:22:44 PM

First you buy the cards, then you buy the controller board/PDU/Heat sink/Case. It is all modular so you can just plug it in once you have all the parts.
Where do I buy one of those? Say I want to buy one of your $400 units (understanding it ships once you have the chips), and also want whatever it takes to plug it in and go.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:07:24 PM

Any reply about a delivery timeline?

Not yet, in their defense. It's only been a few hours and the fact that they accept paypal as payment feels pretty 'solid' compared to a lot of the 'we accept only BTC for our Wunder-Asics' fly by night shops.
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:49:51 PM

Seems pretty legit,  sign me up.

I am a IT Engineer in the IC industry as well...perhaps i can help with chip or pcba packaging?
My bitcoin partner and another friend are are p.h.d candidates in E.E. programs... please let me know if we can be of assistance.

At the very least I would be up for being a consumer of this product.

Very Respectfully,

GreaterNinja.

AvenG

Activity: 133
Merit: 101

Res Et Non Verbum

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:38:06 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 05:04:48 AM by AvenG

...and the fact that they accept paypal as payment feels pretty 'solid' compared to a lot of the 'we accept only BTC for our Wunder-Asics' fly by night shops.

yes but Paypal only covers you for 45 days and some credit card issuers up to 90 days... if delivery of Avalon chips is compromised you're not going to be able reversing the payment.

not for sale
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:47:01 AM

Perhaps you are mistaken. They are not selling "complete Avalon miners" on their website. They only have a "complete" hashing card listed. A complete miner is going to cost as much as Avalon was selling them for - if not more.
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:50:29 AM

Perhaps you are mistaken. They are not selling "complete Avalon miners" on their website. They only have a "complete" hashing card listed. A complete miner is going to cost as much as Avalon was selling them for.
Go here. Note the "With ASIC" on the right-hand product. Now go here. Note you have the option of supplying your own ASIC chips or buying the board with Avalon supplied chips (once they are purchased) for an additional $80.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
PeZ

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:53:32 AM

Go here. Note the "With ASIC" on the right-hand product. Now go here. Note you have the option of supplying your own ASIC chips or buying the board with Avalon supplied chips (once they are purchased) for an additional $80.
I have been to their store. Do *you* understand what you are looking at?
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 03:00:01 AM

I have been to their store. Do *you* understand what you are looking at?
This is from the OP:

Once the orders for fully assembled AVALON supplied ASICs reaches a threshold then we will order a batch of chips from Avalon.

How do you interpret the items on their store that claim to include Avalon supplied ASIC's for an additional $80, along with the OP's statements in this same thread?

PeZ

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:03:36 AM

It's only the hashing card. Unless you own an Avalon, or all the other parts within an Avalon, it is of little use, even with the ASIC chips mounted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: