Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:12:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Charity Love Bombing  (Read 903 times)
Dandelion (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 04:49:05 PM

Hi,

Given the current slow pace of bitcoin uptake among non-geeks, I truly understand the hesitation of charity organizations to arrange for bitcoin donations.

But instead of relying on any given organization to initiate the simple action of accepting bitcoins, we, as early adopters, should do the initial work for them in order to create decision momentum.

Here's what I've done:

1. Created a wallet dedicated to my targeted charity organization, which happens to be the Church of Sweden.

2. Encrypted it heavily inside a 7-zip archive (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33297566/svenska_kyrkan_se.7z)

3. Sent the password by snail mail to Church of Sweden's department of donations.

4. Sent email, including encrypted wallet attachment, to Church of Sweden's department of donations, telling them to keep an eye on the wallet's transaction on e.g. http://blockexplorer.com/. Feel free to watch transactions yourself at 1HCZq9rZXFj34j7ncfwwbNqa1ZRRHeeWXy.

5. Mining for bitcoins, I am donating 1/10 to the currently unofficial bitcoin donation address of the Church of Sweden.

This way, the Church of Sweden may or may not get hold of the donated money whenever they feel comfortable to do so.

The important thing is to arrange for a bitcoin wallet honeypot, freely accessible to the targeted charity organization.

If you like this proposal, please try it on your own dedicated charity organization.

And if you feel that a personal donation would be appropriate, you might as well donate to the unofficial receiving address of the Church of Sweden: 1HCZq9rZXFj34j7ncfwwbNqa1ZRRHeeWXy

Cheesy

/Peter Odéus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeersAgainstPoverty

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 06:26:14 PM

i'm not sure if any of my thoughts or actions are worth a shit, but what i'm trying to do is very similar to what you are doing, where I live everyone donates to the churches and then they donate to other organizations in order to not have to deal with it them selves, I am willing to do all the work my self, I mean interveiwing people to see if they qualify for assistance, right now I am selling everything I own in order to make the first dedicated mining rig to fund my charity, however, my loan officer at my bank told me that if I just made a business first and proved I could make residual income from this endevor, and a few other tasks, I would qualify for a 10 to 25,000$ loan in order to either make a huge bitcoin farm for a business, and then use it to support the charity, he told me that basically if i followed a few steps i could do what i want, i am disabled and on ssi/ssdi, they expect me to live on 700$ per month with a 3 year old son, its fucking imposible and i feel like im being oppressed, im sure other people feel this way too, I'd like to be able to help out low income families, especially with children with an extra 50 or 200 or whatever a month to just be able to live and have a better quality of life, i'm fairly good at just kind of, making money come out of thin air, a skill learned on the other side of the tracks, nothing illegal, just really buying and reselling, negotiating price of items so i know i make profit, thats all thats keeping my son in diapers, the only bad thing i buy is cigarettes, im giving that up and selling everything i own to start this, i'd love to make a web of people who have the same ethics and values to bounce ideas off, etc, i WILL prevail, ive talked to numerous mental health organizations and they support what i want to do, thats a huge step, i was really hoping to get a boost from ethic contious people here on bit coin but it seems they take it as a joke, but people really are starving, people are becoming homeless and unable to work or pay rent, its terrible to see it in person, i voulenteer at the homeless shelter cooking and just hanging out with people who would love someone to talk to, and do dishes and other bullshit, someone with a soul needs to step in, and say, THATS ENOUGH, we are not going to let our fellow man and his family be in poverty!!  if we all do it together, we can do it, my organization backed by the first business will be public record, im not going to pay my self some crazy wage like those asshole celeberties do, ill pay my self just enough to live without worry, maybe 12$ usd per hour, or maybe 15,000 per year, enough to live, but not enough to feel guilty, i want to use that money to help other people, not get rich, doesent anyone else feel the need to do something like this? our government does not give a fuck if we live in a garbage can and eat dogshit, we need to step in and start doing it our self, we could have the people getting this assistance do any job they are able, to help out the charity, even paralized people can talk to people on the phone, people could chip in and earn their extra 300 a month so they can breathe again, this is serious shit, and im doing it with or without help, but our mix of different generations need to develop a new attitude about taking care of our own, im only 27, how old are you my friend?

18kyoMoZbhk2hNhCk3beBSG71ArztYUkTe     

ANY even the smallest donations as of right now, will go twords starting the business to fund the charity, i have a business plan, and it is going to work, i'm even considering a reward system for people who donate any amount per month, who knows what i might dream up,im pretty nuts, i cant wait to see what happens, earlier this morning i had some negative input but that wont stop the morals and ethics that people have naturally as a human being, being able to fuel a stable econemy where kids eat dinner every night, kids will not go hungry , this is fucking unacceptable, we as people need to fix it.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:24:10 PM

This address has just been used recently with the price raise, I wonder what's the story behind the spend.

https://blockchain.info/address/1HCZq9rZXFj34j7ncfwwbNqa1ZRRHeeWXy
Dandelion (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:07:07 PM

This address has just been used recently with the price raise, I wonder what's the story behind the spend.

https://blockchain.info/address/1HCZq9rZXFj34j7ncfwwbNqa1ZRRHeeWXy

Since I was the only one to have contributed, I revoked the offer since the church didn't want it in BTC anyways.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: