Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:02:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nuclear economics: Thorium is Bitcoin - Holy Grail Moment  (Read 4495 times)
AntiVigilante (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 05:09:20 PM

I'm on my knees in tears hyperventilating.

In Thorium
1. The hotter a Thorium reactor gets the less efficient it is at energy production. It cools down when it reaches its peak.
2. Thorium is assisted by U-233 which splits into an atom which takes Thorium back to U-233.

In Bitcoin
1. This is obviously analogous to the difficulty parameter.
2. This is the block chain.

I am humbled by this.

Kirk Sorensen lecture on Thorium: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3rL08J7fDA

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
epi 1:10,000

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 11:08:06 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2011, 01:58:42 AM by epi 1:10,000

Yep supper good stuff.  Could possibly be the most important advancement in human history.  FUD and extreme ignorance is what makes people think     nuclear energy=death of all living things.    This is highly irrational and possibly a very destructive belief.
Dobrodav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:24:20 AM

Actually i am was impressed by Kirk Sorensen. It is obvious that our atom industry are to much depends on military use.  And we have all that catastrophes due to that.

AntiVigilante (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:18:02 AM

Actually i am was impressed by Kirk Sorensen. It is obvious that our atom industry are to much depends on military use.  And we have all that catastrophes due to that.

If we don't develop public and commercial uses, there will only be military uses. Evil succeeds because the good guys have no influence on the market.

Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
Sovereign

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 12:18:39 AM

Holy grail moment? It's a classic self correcting mechanism.

Examples include:

O²:CO² atmospheric balance
The thermostat in your air conditioning unit
Toilet tank refill mechanism

There are practically thousands of examples out there

12uB1LSPrAqeEefLJTDfd6rKsu3KjiFBpa
AntiVigilante (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 06:41:32 PM

Holy grail moment? It's a classic self correcting mechanism.

Examples include:

O²:CO² atmospheric balance
The thermostat in your air conditioning unit
Toilet tank refill mechanism

There are practically thousands of examples out there

Classic? Yes. Recognized or even taken as a necessity in designing systems? No.

AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 06:43:54 PM

lol wut?

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 06:47:28 PM

I wonder if the anti-nuclear-power folks realize that the sun (source of all energy and life on earth) is itself a gigantic nuclear reactor.

Granted I'd be much less comfortable with the sun's presence if it weren't so far away but still  Grin
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 07:10:46 PM

I wonder if the anti-nuclear-power folks realize that the sun (source of all energy and life on earth) is itself a gigantic nuclear reactor.

Granted I'd be much less comfortable with the sun's presence if it weren't so far away but still  Grin

The sun is powered by fusion which generates less radioactive waste. The reactors here on earth are powered by fission.
Leon

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 01:06:21 AM

I'm on my knees in tears hyperventilating.

In Thorium
1. The hotter a Thorium reactor gets the less efficient it is at energy production. It cools down when it reaches its peak.
2. Thorium is assisted by U-233 which splits into an atom which takes Thorium back to U-233.

In Bitcoin
1. This is obviously analogous to the difficulty parameter.
2. This is the block chain.

I am humbled by this.

Kirk Sorensen lecture on Thorium: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3rL08J7fDA

Interesting and true.
BBanzai

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 04:09:56 AM

There is a distinct possibility that the fusion of the sun is an effect of another energy source, not a prime source.  See Alfven, Arp, Birkelande, Faraday (seriously, weird math about current generation in spinning conductors and magnetic fields that works quite nicely  in a rotating plasma disk), Peratt and, of course, IEEE publications on the subject.  History shows that most scientific consensus turns out to be crap.  Experience shows that most proposed alternatives to the current consensus are even worse crap.  But at least its all self-correcting in the long run....
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 04:28:37 AM

There is a distinct possibility that the fusion of the sun is an effect of another energy source, not a prime source.  See Alfven, Arp, Birkelande, Faraday (seriously, weird math about current generation in spinning conductors and magnetic fields that works quite nicely  in a rotating plasma disk), Peratt and, of course, IEEE publications on the subject.  History shows that most scientific consensus turns out to be crap.  Experience shows that most proposed alternatives to the current consensus are even worse crap.  But at least its all self-correcting in the long run....

Fusion... as a... byproduct?

Boggled.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
BBanzai

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 05:15:46 AM

Electric fields have no theoretical limit, anymore than light frequencies do.  We as observers are subject to rules of scale. To bring it down several orders of magnitude, we have found bacteria living quite comfortably in clouds.  Bacteria are not subject to gravity in any way that they can notice because of their scale.  You and I are not subject to immensely high voltages and currents outside of certain specialized technologies and thunder storms, because of our scale.  99.99+% of the measured universe outside of our scale seems to consist of plasma.  Plasma is not a gas anymore than gas is a diffuse liquid.  Different rules.  Different math.  Electric forces are 10 to the 39th power stronger than gravity.  Current scientific consensus cosmology says that gravity and relativity are the best model for cosmology.  Astrophysicists are not generally studying either EM or plasma disciplines.  They are working out of nuclear models that rely on gravitational models as assumptions. If the Bussard / Farnsworth Fusor works as last advertised before the U.S. Navy removed it from the public domain, then it is equally likely that the fusion in stars is electrical in nature.   And fusion is a byproduct of vast electrical currents through plasma that are too diffuse for you or I to measure directly.  I am not working in that field.  But it echoes some of the things I noticed when I dicked around with high voltage toys I made from Radio Shack parts.  Plasma follows unintuitive rules.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 04:37:13 PM

Cold Fusion is much more efficient. Check out the device by Rossi and Focardi. There is a plant going online in October in Greece (Defkalion).

cjgames.com
BBanzai

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 05:34:56 AM

With limited access to palladium, I can neither prove nor disprove their claim.  I am aware that some people are brave enough to examine this model one more time, but I do not expect to be one of them.  Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
FlyingFlapjack

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 05:38:16 AM

The sun is powered by fusion which generates less radioactive waste. The reactors here on earth are powered by fission.

O rly?

Give it time. Nothing generates more radioactive elements than stars. The sun will itself easily generate far more radioactive elements than will all the nuclear fission reactors earth will ever use, combined. Just give it a chance.  Grin
enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:14:52 AM

O rly?

Give it time. Nothing generates more radioactive elements than stars. The sun will itself easily generate far more radioactive elements than will all the nuclear fission reactors earth will ever use, combined. Just give it a chance.  Grin

This.

Everything heavier and more complex than hydrogen has only one source, so all nuclear waste as well as we creatures who produce it are the long-term byproducts of the death of stars.

We are, as Carl Sagan put it, "star stuff contemplating the stars, organized collections of ten billion billion billion atoms, contemplating the evolution of nature, tracing that long path by which it arrived at consciousness here on the planet earth, and perhaps throughout the cosmos."
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 11:49:41 PM

O rly?

This.

Everything heavier and more complex than hydrogen has only one source, so all nuclear waste as well as we creatures who produce it are the long-term byproducts of the death of stars.

We are, as Carl Sagan put it, "star stuff contemplating the stars, organized collections of ten billion billion billion atoms, contemplating the evolution of nature, tracing that long path by which it arrived at consciousness here on the planet earth, and perhaps throughout the cosmos."

I ain't come from no monkey!
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2011, 12:28:46 AM

Cold Fusion is much more efficient. Check out the device by Rossi and Focardi. There is a plant going online in October in Greece (Defkalion).

Link? 

Cold fusion so far has been either fraud or error.  These guys so far look the same as every other cold fusion claim.  Nothing even close to workable cold fusion for a power plant has been demonstrated.  There is no cold fusion 'plant' going online if a plant is defined as something that puts commercial scale energy into the grid. 

Thorium... now that is possible and should be pursued like our lives depended on it. 

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2011, 12:50:20 AM

Link? 
It's over in off-topic. Should still be on the first page.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
niemivh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 03:26:41 AM

I was lucky enough to talk to a very high-level network engineer that was assisting the building of a super computer to do theoretical fluoride-thorium reactor computations in China, must have been directly related to this project.  Just to think if we had a real president and a energy and science program we would already have these and the energy crisis would be over.

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2011, 03:43:51 AM

I was lucky enough to talk to a very high-level network engineer that was assisting the building of a super computer to do theoretical fluoride-thorium reactor computations in China, must have been directly related to this project.  Just to think if we had a real president and a energy and science program we would already have these and the energy crisis would be over.

Definition of govern: to hold in check; control

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: