Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:33:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on BitSpend?  (Read 1930 times)
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:48:44 PM

I just wanna give props to bitspend.net
I used them the first time last week to order some new PC hardware from newegg. The process was painless and my questions promptly answered. Another side benefit is you get 2day free shipping w/ them through newegg.

The only downside I gotta say is they use btc-e conversion rate which is often less valuable than gox's
But anyways! amazing service!

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:05:11 AM

Purchased two RC Helicopters through Bitspend last week. Great service. Wished they still used MtGox weighted average instead of BTC-E, but oh well. Will be using their sevice again soon.
UPENtXF

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:48:37 PM

My first experience is not so good. Paid the invoice 8 days ago, but the merchant cancelled the order due to their internal policy of not selling firearms through shopping services like Bitspend. So, I asked Bitspend to instead get me a gift certificate from that same merchant, and I would order using that myself.

Today is 5 days since Bitspend said they would. Since then no answer to repeated emails and phone calls, and no gift certificate.

It seems that Bitspend is not the shysters we have seen in Bitcoin world before. However, they do seem to be the usual pathetic Bitcoin shoe-string start-up, which bit off way more than it can chew. So annoying to keep dealing with these undercapitalized start-ups, which decide to open no matter how bad their service may have to be before they "bootstrap" themselves to greatness. I think I might eventually get the now classic MtGoxy response "Sorry, we are so behind. We are victims of our own success..."

A purchase that even with the problems would have been resolved and done in a matter of a couple of days with a credit card, is now in its 9th day, with no resolution in sight, and complete silence from bitspend.

Considering the exchange fluctuations since I paid the invoice, the fee I paid Bitspend is about 45 USD. So much for the low cost and speed of buying with bitcoin! All these kind of lame start-ups are doing is making Bitcoin look like a convoluted, unnecessary, expensive  hassle...  Angry

"To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." -Buckminster Fuller
https://bisq.network/
UPENtXF

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:46:39 PM

My first experience is not so good. Paid the invoice 8 days ago, but the merchant cancelled the order due to their internal policy of not selling firearms through shopping services like Bitspend. So, I asked Bitspend to instead get me a gift certificate from that same merchant, and I would order using that myself.

Today is 5 days since Bitspend said they would. Since then no answer to repeated emails and phone calls, and no gift certificate.

It seems that Bitspend is not the shysters we have seen in Bitcoin world before. However, they do seem to be the usual pathetic Bitcoin shoe-string start-up, which bit off way more than it can chew. So annoying to keep dealing with these undercapitalized start-ups, which decide to open no matter how bad their service may have to be before they "bootstrap" themselves to greatness. I think I might eventually get the now classic MtGoxy response "Sorry, we are so behind. We are victims of our own success..."

A purchase that even with the problems would have been resolved and done in a matter of a couple of days with a credit card, is now in its 9th day, with no resolution in sight, and complete silence from bitspend.

Considering the exchange fluctuations since I paid the invoice, the fee I paid Bitspend is about 45 USD. So much for the low cost and speed of buying with bitcoin! All these kind of lame start-ups are doing is making Bitcoin look like a convoluted, unnecessary, expensive  hassle...  Angry

Turned out they were just ignoring my emails and calls, because they "have been swamped with Memorial Day, and some new ideas and improvements we have coming down the pipeline". In the mean time, they were waiting for the merchant, bud's gun shop, to send them a confirmation that they weren't doing anything illegal by buying a GIFT CERTIFICATE for me.

Instead of new ideas and improvements, they should focus on more basic capabilities, such as having enough staff to answer inquiries in a timely manner...

Remember, this whole mess could have been avoided, the purchase done much cheaper, the same day and been perfectly legal, if I had just used a credit card, and avoided bitcoin and Bitspend.

Would not recommend this service, because it's the kind for which charge-backs were invented!

"To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." -Buckminster Fuller
UPENtXF

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:11:53 PM

Turned out they were just ignoring my emails and calls, because they "have been swamped with Memorial Day, and some new ideas and improvements we have coming down the pipeline". In the mean time, they were waiting for the merchant, bud's gun shop, to send them a confirmation that they weren't doing anything illegal by buying a GIFT CERTIFICATE for me.

Instead of new ideas and improvements, they should focus on more basic capabilities, such as having enough staff to answer inquiries in a timely manner...

Remember, this whole mess could have been avoided, the purchase done much cheaper, the same day and been perfectly legal, if I had just used a credit card, and avoided bitcoin and Bitspend.

Would not recommend this service, because it's the kind for which charge-backs were invented!
So I finally just got my gift certificate code from Bitspend. However, the item is now Out of Stock, 9 days after I placed the order, and 5 days after the genius Bitspend assigned to handle it decided it would be "circumspect" to ignore my  repeated contact attempts, while waiting to confirm that it's legal to buy someone a GIFT CERTIFICATE!!!  Angry

I've never appreciated my credit card and charge-backs as much as I do right now!

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:02:08 AM

Successfully bought a Nexus 4 phone from Google Play store.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: