Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:46:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would be the ideal regulations to make a country crypto-friendly?  (Read 279 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 02:19:26 AM

I know adding laws would not help but what would be the ideal regulations for a crypto-friendly nation? Like the most ideal nation that would encourage businesses to move there.

One thing I can think of is not requiring any sort of certifications or licenses to run an exchange. Allowing bitcoins to be used for payment for government services.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:30:25 AM

Don't think it should be regulated at all. The only good thing that governments can do is do not interfere into this process. The idea of certification sounds good but only if those licenses will be non governmental so it could act as a certificate of qualiy for users of different bitcoin related services.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:02:40 AM

I know adding laws would not help but what would be the ideal regulations for a crypto-friendly nation? Like the most ideal nation that would encourage businesses to move there.

One thing I can think of is not requiring any sort of certifications or licenses to run an exchange. Allowing bitcoins to be used for payment for government services.

The main thing is to accomplish first is the repeal of ALL legal tender laws. Put any Central Bank fiat currency on an equal footing with foreign, corporate, cooperative or competing currencies. Let the free market for currencies and banking systems decide the winners.

See these links from my signature link for example:
http://www.youtube.com/v/oPCFKHCCKF0?start=1026&end=1097&version=3

https://mises.org/library/denationalisation-money-argument-refined

Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:01:11 AM

The government will undoubtedly make regulations on the permission of crypto currency and for its citizens will require a license to make an exchange.
MARK 888

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:45:08 AM

your dream about government let  country use only bitcoin and other coins not real because they need or money
Stingraider

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:06:24 PM

a free market economy

Regulators should interfere as less as possible and let the economy dynamics do their part
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:53:33 PM

I think it is almost impossible, the best I can think of for now is not banning exchanges/currencies etc.
But honestly it's supposed to be decentralised and it's gonna be tough regulating something that has no actuall organisation where you can begin.
If you want to regulate fiat, you go to banks.
If you want to regulate a product you go to the manufacturer.
If you want to regulate politics(constitution) then you go to parlement.

Because there is no centralised organ, there is also no regulation it is also why most people know bitcoin to be so popular as a shady currency you go to with on the deepweb and buy your Ak's and drugs.

The best thing at the moment what any regulator could do is go to the exchanges and offer some kind of backing service or insurance. Being able to compensate for theft.

Maybe that's a profitable new idea? Wallet insurance.. (inb4 fraud)

If you want to stimulate crypto then the best you can do is start negotiating to implement blockchain technology on governmental and medical services.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:20:24 PM

Should have said also, it looks like the regulators in Switzerland are doing the best job at attempting a rational treatment of cryptocurrencies. You should investigate how they are dealing with it ... they had a head start because they already had a competing currency regime in place from long ago (gold, francs, WIR francs, etc) and treat any newcomers merely as "foreign currencies".

AnubisStar

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:42:16 AM

I think that cryptocurrency will need to go over a long long road until be friendly to some countries. And I say this becaue there's a list of countries which make the usage of bitcoin itself legal or illegal and my country is not even part of the list!, also if these countries decide allow crypto-currency they shouldn't try to regulate the use of bitcoins because that's one of its advantage and it's also what makes the difference regard to other currencies.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 02:20:22 AM

Should have said also, it looks like the regulators in Switzerland are doing the best job at attempting a rational treatment of cryptocurrencies. You should investigate how they are dealing with it ... they had a head start because they already had a competing currency regime in place from long ago (gold, francs, WIR francs, etc) and treat any newcomers merely as "foreign currencies".

Yes, been looking at places like Zug Switzerland, Isle of Man, Mauritius and others for examples.

Some of these smaller countries are hungry to bring the brainpower, tech and money that exists in the crypto market to their countries so they are willing to negotiate on pro-blockchain legislation. So it is definitely not impossible.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:14:33 AM

How about regulations about how politicians shouldn't have any interest in any businesses ..

If i am a leader I.E so called politician then if i have a friend who lets say has a business making WHAT EVER..

Then i can make the people i lead buy that product for my own gain..
Or get a rich friend and get him to use his money to front government contracts because i will pick him to do it because i am the leader I.E robbing politician ..

Now if you decide to watch that 6 min documentary you will see what it's all about and why countries
want control over crypto in a sense ..

The EU is about Controlling People for the benefit of Big Business ...
Video for the Eu is about controlling people▶ 6:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kw1WuReyOc
12 Jun 2016 - Uploaded by Man Against The State

People need to realise that little businesses up and down the EU and many other countries they are the people who pay for this world because they get slapped with tax and regulations they cannot afford to abide by ..

So are the regulations about controlling the masses the little guys and gals OR is it all about worrying about if people get scammed? Undecided..

All i know is no government should be involved with business only to regulate and slap taxes
so your country can have police army nice roads and what not and that's all governments should be doing ..

Obviously government run businesses they need to care about but not PRIVATE ..
Because then they have interest in a company and that could affect the little guy..

But as you can see in video all the big private businesses in the EU..

This should not be allowed for any politician NONE what so ever..

I agree on private businesses getting together and talking about businesses BUT not
POLITICIANS they will be lining their own POCKETS which in a DEMOCRACY is against the LAW Angry.

Government set laws so people cannot get hurt scammed ..
They do not make laws for their own GAIN Angry Angry..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: