Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:46:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRISMA - Third Generation, Non-Blockchain, New Consensus Algorithm, New codebase  (Read 8297 times)
prismanet (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 10:27:48 AM

The new white paper is located here: https://github.com/prismaproject/whitepaper/raw/master/Prisma_WP_rev1.2.pdf

Prisma.pw - Join Us on Slack!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iHaveNoClue

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:47:22 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 03:07:50 PM by iHaveNoClue

May I know why there are no public profiles of the team members?
Anzylon

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:49:29 PM

May I know why there are no public profiles of the team members?

There will be soon Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:05:12 PM

I read the whitepaper. Very interesting concept, I hope to see this live in action though. But in my honest opinion, this should be fourth generation already.

prismanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 07:14:17 AM

I read the whitepaper. Very interesting concept, I hope to see this live in action though. But in my honest opinion, this should be fourth generation already.

Its interesting tech indeed, lets not hype it too much Wink but yeah, imho, its more efficient than other consensus out there atm.

Ligrev

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:17:32 PM

Hey!
Do you guys already have someone for the german translation?
If not, I'd like to reserve this! Smiley
Xelion

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 12:57:11 PM

Very cool project  Wink

I'm interested to make the french translation if still available.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:18:20 AM

Looks like I posted in the wrong thread, so here again:

Hello PRISMA team,

I ve seen this idea before and am very anxious to see this become a reality and wish you good luck.

However, could you clarify your connection to swirlds.com? Just by looking at this, you can see that the ideas are similar:

http://www.swirlds.com/whitepapers/

The reason why I'm asking is, that is extremely obvious, where the ideas come from. Yet, I haven't found any mention or credit, which concerns me.

Are members of your team somehow affiliated with swirlds.com?

Are you not affiliated, but decided to use swirlds technology for your project? In this case, you should absolutely point towards the original sources.

Oh, and the "whitepaper" link of your Ann throws a 404 error.

Regards
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:45:25 PM

How is this different from Iota?

kwell

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:17:58 PM

We will not be using PoW, it will be much more efficient than iota, and also a iota node must be high powered as well, Prisma will run on your smart phone or the first rasberry pi with ease.
Northa

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:28:45 PM

Am I the only one here who thinks that 25 october for ICO is a bad idea? Have you heard about Bitcoin Gold? It's another hardfork of bitcoin, planned for 25 october. Everyone will invest in bitcoin, to take forked coins for free. In my opinion, better to move date up to on 1-3 days.
talktopab

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:13:08 PM

Hi! Interesting project.

I am trying to get into Telegram and slack but for slack I need a @prisma.pw email address and the telegram one is only for announcements.

I want to know how to get into to participate in the ICO.

Thanks
prismanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 07:07:54 PM

Am I the only one here who thinks that 25 october for ICO is a bad idea? Have you heard about Bitcoin Gold? It's another hardfork of bitcoin, planned for 25 october. Everyone will invest in bitcoin, to take forked coins for free. In my opinion, better to move date up to on 1-3 days.

The ICO is postponed... it will not occur on the 25th of october. The reason is explained below in the update.

prismanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 07:09:48 PM

A small update, we are working on two ideas to make our implementation unique, something that not exists today. This is why things have slowed down a bit. Either way we will finish this, and we will have something unique with at least 100 times the performance of a blockchain (estimation) in regards of transactions per second, it will likely even have better perfomance than that.

Northa

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:55:03 PM

The ICO is postponed... it will not occur on the 25th of october. The reason is explained below in the update.

I'm glad we're dealing this thing. But for now we want more a little transparency. If you wouldn't mind, can you please comment on ttookk message?
prismanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 07:17:48 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 07:28:59 AM by prismanet

Looks like I posted in the wrong thread, so here again:

Hello PRISMA team,

I ve seen this idea before and am very anxious to see this become a reality and wish you good luck.

However, could you clarify your connection to swirlds.com? Just by looking at this, you can see that the ideas are similar:

http://www.swirlds.com/whitepapers/

The reason why I'm asking is, that is extremely obvious, where the ideas come from. Yet, I haven't found any mention or credit, which concerns me.

Are members of your team somehow affiliated with swirlds.com?

Are you not affiliated, but decided to use swirlds technology for your project? In this case, you should absolutely point towards the original sources.

Oh, and the "whitepaper" link of your Ann throws a 404 error.

Regards

We are not affiliated with Swirlds in any way. We clearly says that its based on a hashgraph. We will not use the hashgraph consensus algorithm, but rather our own alternative version of it, and can therefore not be called a hashgraph anymore. All DAG based currencies share the same properties (similar to a blockchain where all share the same basic ideas), you will find out if you read other white papers and study its background, small changes makes it unique.  White paper is offline until we have updated it properly, we removed it from top post until further notice thx.

Northa

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:01:10 PM

Thanks for the clarification. We'll wait for the white paper release in order to learn features and details.
ripbit

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:18:03 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 01:38:14 PM by ripbit

This is actually wrong. This project seems like its run by scammers or copycats. There aren’t real pictures of the people (just cartoons) and I don’t think there was an attempt to even reach out to the Hashgraph guys - just to make a quick buck creating an ICO based on technology that wasn’t theirs.

"Small changes" do not make a protocol unique and all DAGs are not created equal, nor are they all similar. I have read the white paper and patents and the innovation of the Swirlds Hashgraph was virtual voting and gossip about gossip. These are actually very substantial innovations and differentiate it completely from other DAGs e.g. IOTA, DAGchain, Byteball etc. It is what allows the Swirlds Hashgraph to have the speed, fairness and security properties that it has. These characteristics make it very unique, which is why a patent was awarded in the first place.

You cannot simply “get around” innovation / patents with “small changes” like the people behind this project suggest above. You would most likely still be breaking the patent but that is not even the main problem - the main problems are:

1) By making "small changes" to an innovative technology you didn’t create, instead of inventing your own, you are indicating to the market that you cannot be innovative yourselves, because you want a quick cash grab from an ICO.

2) You are launching what is essentially an ICO based on someone else's hard work.

3) You are launching an ICO which could be illegal.

4) If you guys do get into a lawsuit, there goes the value of the project

In summary, you cannot simply make “small changes” and say “see it just looks like other DAGs" and have a new protocol. DAGs have different properties, and the Hashgraph one is especially different. Ask a lawyer and you’ll see I’m right.

And more importantly, this isn’t the way legitimate projects work. Be innovative and ICO that. Don’t be copycats just trying to get around patents and making "small changes" to a technology that you didn't invent. I would never buy into an ICO like that.
prismanet (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 02:42:59 PM

This is actually wrong. This project seems like its run by scammers or copycats. There aren’t real pictures of the people (just cartoons) and I don’t think there was an attempt to even reach out to the Hashgraph guys - just to make a quick buck creating an ICO based on technology that wasn’t theirs.

"Small changes" do not make a protocol unique and all DAGs are not created equal, nor are they all similar. I have read the white paper and patents and the innovation of the Swirlds Hashgraph was virtual voting and gossip about gossip. These are actually very substantial innovations and differentiate it completely from other DAGs e.g. IOTA, DAGchain, Byteball etc. It is what allows the Swirlds Hashgraph to have the speed, fairness and security properties that it has. These characteristics make it very unique, which is why a patent was awarded in the first place.

You cannot simply “get around” innovation / patents with “small changes” like the people behind this project suggest above. You would most likely still be breaking the patent but that is not even the main problem - the main problems are:

1) By making "small changes" to an innovative technology you didn’t create, instead of inventing your own, you are indicating to the market that you cannot be innovative yourselves, because you want a quick cash grab from an ICO.

2) You are launching what is essentially an ICO based on someone else's hard work.

3) You are launching an ICO which could be illegal.

4) If you guys do get into a lawsuit, there goes the value of the project

In summary, you cannot simply make “small changes” and say “see it just looks like other DAGs" and have a new protocol. DAGs have different properties, and the Hashgraph one is especially different. Ask a lawyer and you’ll see I’m right.

And more importantly, this isn’t the way legitimate projects work. Be innovative and ICO that. Don’t be copycats just trying to get around patents and making "small changes" to a technology that you didn't invent. I would never buy into an ICO like that.
We will be open source and efficient! We haven't copied anything that I know of. There are several bitcoin forks less innovative than what we are doing, thanks for your post. Smiley

energ

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:52:43 PM

Looks very intresting, i will keep a eye on this close, looking forward to see the progress of this...

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: