Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1Bitcoin as a gift from someone  (Read 16804 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:43:51 PM

If you be given a gift of 1BTC by someone and for you this amount is already something you did not expect. Will you sell your bitcoin right away and convert it into cash or just keep it for a better price to come or invest it or what?
I doubt anyone is going to give me such an expensive gift, in my country the price of 1 bitcoin is the pay of many months so gifts are a lot smaller compared to one bitcoin.
I agree to that. There is no one that will be giving 1 bitcoin as a gift to anyone because that is not worth it since bitcoin cause a lot of money and if they are just going to use it for their wants then they will be happy but for some people that are extremely rich like bill gates, for sure bill gates will give 1 bitcoin to the people that he want.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:06:55 AM

If you be given a gift of 1BTC by someone and for you this amount is already something you did not expect. Will you sell your bitcoin right away and convert it into cash or just keep it for a better price to come or invest it or what?
             I'll keep it for a better price. Since it was a gift, I'll will try to use it in better way and keeping it is the better way I think. It is the best acknowledgment I can give to the giver.
              In keeping or holding it, you are giving it the chance even grow bigger, and that is on your own favor, you are being benefited by that since the income or profit will be going to you not anyone else. Risks are still there but there's no hard in trying,  just balance everything.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:23:11 AM

If i were you i will invest my bitcoin to a trusted one for it to double or triple and if it is successful i will sell the half and ivnest the ither again to avoid loss
onpages

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:53:07 AM

Interesting to talk about. surely I will immediately sell it 50:50. 0.5 I sell and 0.5 more I use for investment in altcoin.
I do that because altcoin trading is very profitable for me and I also need money for my personal needs.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:57:19 AM

Holding is better option but it depend on market scenario.i might convert into token to increase my bitcoin quantity.but it is likely no middle financial man can gift this much amount unless you are very close to him,it is only for rich people.
Milo_Kidd

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:23:39 AM

If I will be in that situation I will make half will be converted into cash and start business with it while the other half will remain. I will manage to improve the business I want to have. It will my great blessings that I've received of ever in my entire life.

lilRoy07

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:28:44 AM

surely if its a gift you hold for life.
I'd hope for it to hit say, $40000

sell half,

buy them a ridiculously nice dinner. Wink
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 04:38:09 AM

Am very happy to imagine that i got 1 bitcoin gift but looking at the current market trend of bitcoin its very huge and hard to earn. However if i get 1 bitcoin i will hold half of the bitcoin for better value and i will spend another half to build a mining to earn something from that. Am interested in mining and planning to begin.
superhelper

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:41:36 AM

At present situation Gold and money can be gifted, but the gift of Bit Bitcoin can not imagine! Because everyone is starting to think of Bitcoin as a Precious assets.
Aismabbs

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:47:32 AM

Oh my gosh! If you going surprise me and given me a gift of 1 bitcoin well it's so unexpected because knowing the value of bitcoin is totally great. For me if you given me that gift I just keep it maybe a long but if necessary I will convert it without hesitation and cash it out all the way but to be honest and being practical I would rather keep it I don't know how long it takes but to make sure that your guft will be worth it you know and convert it when the exchange of it will be a better price.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:59:22 AM

I dont think that's possible, who someone want to give 1Bitcoin  to us as a gift? but one thing is certain, I will give 1Bitcoin to my future wife later when married as a gift.
scorpion27

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:12:03 PM

I would be very happy if I get a gift that 1 bitcoin, if I get it then I will exchange for cash and I will use the money to pay the debt

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ TRU REPUTATION NETWORK ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
PRE-SALE OPEN UNTIL 5th MARCH 2018 | PROOF OF REPUTATION  (http://tru.ltd/tokensale)
Jeger

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:30:32 PM

If I get 1 Bitcoin as a gift right now I will probably sell small amount of it and get myself my favourite watch  Grin.
I will hold the other remaining and possibly buy some more bitcoins and add them to my stash of 1 bitcoin - watch price  Wink.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★    DEEPONION | Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436)   ❱❱❱  Guard Your Privacy! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
❱❱❱ JOIN DEEPONION AIRDROP NOW! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)  Anonymous Transactions by TOR Network (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436) 
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by ⚡DeepVault Technology (https://deeponion.org/deepvault)⚡▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
migolmigol

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:45:40 PM

Yes this is possible as if you are giving an investment as a gift. A security fund that someone could use in case he will be needing some cash or just wants to liquidate to spend the investment of Bitcoin

geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:51:21 PM

Am very happy to imagine that i got 1 bitcoin gift but looking at the current market trend of bitcoin its very huge and hard to earn. However if i get 1 bitcoin i will hold half of the bitcoin for better value and i will spend another half to build a mining to earn something from that. Am interested in mining and planning to begin.
Saving half of bitcoin is a good thing for the future but building a mining with 0.5 btc is not a good idea, it will not bring you too much profit, you are wasting your time and bitcoin into a hard work and not fitting into your finances. I suggest you use the other half of bitcoin to invest in the altcoin market, this is where you can earn more bitcoin, although it is quite risky but the profit is great. 1 Bitcoin is a wonderful gift, we should use reasonable, however, I think rarely anyone give us a bitcoin, the value is too great

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:58:07 PM

That's a huge amount of money for me. So if i'll be given 1 BTC from someone, i would keep the half of it (knowing that the value of BTC is surging up high) in my wallet and the other half for trading.
I would first hug that person and offer him/her at lunch. Giving huge thankful notes and much more Cheesy besides joke, yeah it will be a huge chance for me to make my beginning to better future. I will do same as you intend, half for trading and half in wallet.

If I ever get a chance of getting such a valuable gift from someone, then I thin k that person will be the one for whom I am very much important. There is no doubt that this one gift can change your life. It all depends on your own planning and skillset afterwards. You can easily make out a good amount of income by this gift.
when this thread started I think the value of btc can still be considered as a gift for someone who you really adored but now I think if you
will going to give this as a gift that person might be one of your close relatives or closes friend ever.
Whitegriever

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:39:06 PM

That would be great because people can buy the gifts they actually want to have and use them without saying no to a gift they would get and not want or are not going to use it.
arbelian

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:22:17 PM

If someone gave it to me i will gold it and will wait for the price to go up and if its higher i wil invest it in other crypto currency to widen my portfolio and i can buy as many alternative coins because of the higher value of bitcoin that is i think the advantage of the investing to crypto.

Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:24:49 PM

It is easy to say that we will hold, invest it or go to trading. But how those people who needs money. I am pretty sure that they will encash it right away.  So they will have money to use in their everyday life.

Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:49:31 PM

If I give anyone gifts these days, it would be Bitcoin. I am not normally a fan of giving money, although Bitcoin is an except as the price will go up and they will thank you in the future. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: