Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:00:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] WorldTurtleCoin - A modern-day MUD experience [WAVES TOKEN]  (Read 1554 times)
linenoise (OP)

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:45:27 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 06:50:32 AM by linenoise

ICO Announcement: World Turtle Coin (TURTL)[/s]
This ICO Has closed.
There's gold nobody is mining

Is it true that content is king? If it is, then someone you know might be sitting on a gold mine. What if the beloved games of yesteryear were created with today's technology? Would people play them? What if the thousands of worlds that inspired Everquest and World of Warcraft were there in a format that would inspire a new generation? Would they capture imaginations? What if there were a platform that allowed the content creators of the 90's to reach out to a new market? Would they find a market? What if there were a way for the free to play games of the past to get their share of the bounty being won by the free to play games of today? Would they make money? What if free-to-play text games became micropayment-enabled mobile games? Would they be as addictive?

What if MUDs were reincarnated as mobile MMORPGs? Wouldn't you like to find out? The platform to allow that is here and that time is now. The  World Turtle platform will mine, convert and take advantage of the content of the past and let it reap the rewards of today. Remember when Lord of the Rings books reached new generations when it shifted its content to movies? MUDs will tap into a new generation by shifting to mobile and micropayments.

There's a lot of valuable game content available to make modern games that hasn't been monetized yet. It's locked inside our beloved free-to-play games of the past.

The World Turtle platform will take advantage of this by allowing people with old text games to ingest their content and adapt their games to today's mobile world where free-to-play games make money. We'll give content holders and content creators like old time MUD admins and wizards an easy way to take their content and monetize it. We'll give old players access to modernized versions of the worlds they miss, we'll give young players access to worlds they never would have experienced, and we'll give savvy people a chance to profit from it.

Details

As the World Turtle Coin (TURTL) will be used to create virtual worlds it is named after the World Turtle, a mytheme of various mythologies. The TURTL coin will utilize the WAVES platform for handling our product. WAVES is an enterprise ready platform designed to handle crowdfunding while being fast, scalable and secure. This frees up the developers from making a new crypto token, allowing them to work on bringing forth a virtual world.

The development roadmap has been broken down into stages that are reached according to corresponding funding goals being met.  
Concept Development : May - July 2017

ICO : September - October 2017

ASSET MINING : Oct - Dec 2017

WEB ROLLOUT
: Oct 2017 - June 2018

MOBILE ROLLOUT
: July 2018 - Dec 2018

PLATFORM ROLLOUT : Jan 2019 - Apr 2019

The first and most basic level would allow the rebirth of the first game, DeadofNight, to be enhanced and playable in any modern browser as a profitable game with micropayments.

Further funding would then allocate resources to enable sticker-based smartphone access, furthering the access of the users to the game and the ability of the game to compete with other mobile, micropayment based games.

Full funding would allow for the designing of a modern gaming backend so other developers could rebuild other text games into sticker-based micropayment-capable mobile games without starting from scratch.

A stretch goal will allow us to create an API to allow stand alone apps to access in-game data, such as a recent chats dashboard app for your player’s phones and to publish an example API game within a game APP (e.g. a 4 in a row game in the style of Connect 4)

How to get in on the token sale

Announcement date

As of the announcement date of September 7th, you can get involved by participating in the pre-ICO sale of tokens on https://ico.worldturtlecoin.com.

ICO dates

The ICO begins officially September 14th and will end 4 weeks later, on October 12th.

PreICO information

The 25% preICO bonus will last for one week. Details below.

ICO Details

There are 66,000,000 total TURTL tokens on the WAVES network (Verified asset 7VDRFwm2HbaJCk3U4HQDhLGdSCxZwPe3cHefVXy7ejYe ) that are being sold at $0.10 a piece during the ICO.

The ICO will be handled with 2 cryptocurrencies. As TURTL is a token on the WAVES network, we will accept WAVES. As the ICO involves crypto currencies we will also use the original crypto coin, Bitcoin.

ICO participants will register at the website https://ico.worldturtlecoin.com

Participants will need to enter an email address and create a password.  Email verification will be done to ensure the ICO participant can be reached.  Each user will also have to enter a WAVES address for their TURTL tokens to be sent to once the ICO is finished.

When the ICO sale begins, those wanting to use Bitcoin will see a unique address for them to send their BTC.  Those wanting to use WAVES will see a WAVES address to send to. With any ICO purchase, the website will show the number of TURTL coins the user will receive upon the completion of the ICO. The website will also have a running countdown clock and stats on all purchases.

The ICO sale will end when the maximum goal of $5 million USD equivalent is met, or 30 days pass.

The TURTL ICO will last for 4 weeks. During the ICO, TURTL coins will be sold to the ICO supporters with a value of $1 USD per 10 TURTL coins. The first 7 days of the sale will give all ICO participants a 20% increase of TURTL coins.  $1 USD will receive 12 TURTL coins. After the initial 7 days, the bonus will be 10%, the price will be $1 USD per 11 TURTL coins. The third and fourth week the price will be $1 USD per 10 TURTL coins.

If the minimum $700,000 goal is not met, the ICO will have failed and all supporting funds will be returned to the participants. Upon a successful completion, the TURTL coins will transfer to each participant.

For full details, visit: https://worldturtlecoin.com

Team
This is a proven team. All have worked together on successful projects before.  The two Keiths have worked on projects together since their college days at engineering school in the early 90s. While they both enjoyed running DeadofNight as a hobby, they also worked professionally together on a local Internet Provider which grew into a regional and then national Provider.  During this time they hosted numerous MUDs through the Service Provider.

They also co-founded a business oriented auction service during the dotcom era, which was a PC Computing Best of the Best service.  They both discovered Bitcoin in 2011 and have been involved in various crypto projects since.

With a successful ICO the main developers would focus full time on the World Turtle project.

Keith Kelley is a once and future technologist who was quite enjoying his early retirement writing his little books until this project came along. Keith capped off an 11 year career in library technology by writing the book on the subject. His 21 year technology career included working for some of the early internet providers, software development and project management and budgeting for all manner of businesses from manufacturers to dotcoms both full time and as a consultant. He hadn't planned on coming out of retirement until his former colleague came to him with this intriguing idea.  
Keith Pitcher has been involved with Internet based businesses for over two decades. In early 1998 he founded LocalLink, an Internet Service Provider. Soon afterwards he co-founded ComAuction, a business to business auction site. ComAuction had a diverse range of clients ranging from large multi nationals such as GM and Whirlpool to small local businesses. This effort lead to ComAuction being a PC Computing Best of the Best in 2000. Due to his work at ComAuction, Keith was an Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2000 Finalist. After he sold LocalLink in early 2007, Keith has focused on a variety of development projects, including a number dealing with crypto currencies.  
  Jason Crome is a software and business veteran, with a career spanning more than two decades. As a cofounder of DEVNET, Inc. in 1997, he and his business partners grew their company from nothing into a nationally-recognized provider of software and service for local government. His software at DEVNET has calculated billions of dollars in property taxes for millions of properties across 10 states and one Canadian province. Since “retiring” in 2015, Jason has worked as a developer for HAProxy, as well as a contractor for an MMORPG. In the days of DeadofNight, Jason ran a sister MUD, and collaborated with Keith and Keith on a number of occasions.

The developers will be paid a salary for their work. They will not receive any TURTL coin bonuses or access any excess coins held by the company until each of the 4 major milestones are met. As the ICO process will leave the company with a minimum of 3.5 million TURTL coins, the developers will split a 1/2 million TURTL coin bonus per completed milestone.  

Contact

For updates about World Turtle Coin during the ICO please follow us on Twitter: @worldturtlecoin

Public questions about World Turtle Coin: Please reply to this thread.

For private questions about World Turtle or the ICO process, please e-mail: hello@worldturtlecoin.com If your question is ICO related it may be forwarded to ico@worldturtlecoin.com

For information about DeadofNight, please contact us on Facebook or Instagram:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deadofnightgame/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deadofnightinfo/

Visit https://worldturtlecoin.com/ to get involved

Read https://www.worldturtlecoin.com/worldturtlecoinwhitepaper.pdf for more details.

DISCLAIMER

This ICO is not meant to be a security or a financial investment. All coins are a pre-purchase of tokens which will be usable in games currently under development. Purchasing of a World Turtle Coin will not give any ownership or profit sharing of the company.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Voidvamp

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 04:00:12 AM

I think you should have some Airdrop
ntsdm1

Activity: 394
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:05:59 AM

to be honest...
this does not say anything i have not heard many times before!
its a waste of time and space if you ask me!
arteis406

Activity: 474
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:06:25 AM

I like your project, any bounty translation? I want translation Indonesian language if needed
hope you reply my post or PM me soon
thank you

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bigpan

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:17:56 AM

Shady. Any pre-work done for launching this ICO? Screens of the game? Anything really?

Don't come here with just "hey we have a great idea, invest in us!" please.
linenoise (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 04:42:06 AM

Shady. Any pre-work done for launching this ICO? Screens of the game? Anything really?

The whitepaper goes into quite a bit more depth, including discussing existing assets. However in a nutshell, the project includes using the existing assets of one MUD and bringing them up to modern standards for use on the web and mobile. This also becomes an example of what can be done with the system. This will lead to allowing any of the thousands of other MUDs that used to exist - or new ones - to have a service for their previous, and future players to use.

DeadofNight ran for over 20 years as a text based, multiplayer online role playing game. There was heavy active development for the first few years; the game itself continued on for over 15 years more afterwards. The game had tens of thousands of players from all over the world. After sufficient achievements, players could also become developers (as in many MUDs) to help enhance the game. Systems and teams were in place to help new developers learn and to foster their projects. There were hundreds of developers who helped create a vibrant world with tens of thousands of rooms and dozens of unique player races, multiple classes and hundreds of spells, abilities and skills. The game itself, with all developer contributions, had over 1 million lines of code.  Much of these assets can be readily converted with the proper design.

Obviously there is more than plugging in old code and having a working product, hence the full development time to actually make this doable. Far more than a hobby effort is required hence the ICO.

abdulmozadm

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:23:18 PM

I will participate on your bounty campaign if i am qualified. For now, Let me watch this thread for more updates. Thank you
Stopscampls

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:27:19 PM

need
PikaShuh

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:44:57 PM

MMORPG platform

DeadofNight, the first World Turtle game to go online, has only been free to play and will continue to be free, however current free to play games have made micropayments commonplace, allowing MUDs like DeadofNight to become profit centers for their creators. Micropayments in the form of TURTL coins or through app store purchases will allow game enhancements. In time the TURTL coin will also be used in other unique online realities as the completed World Turtle system could be used to help create other virtual worlds.

btw i'm curious about your previous game, so i search about DeadofNight, and i find http://www.deadofnight.org
it look like this game website already exist since Registered On 2004-07-03 and Updated On 2016-10-06
but also i find similar game with the same name.. so i got confusing which one is your game ?
it is important to me because as i read from your whitepaper at EXPANDED​ ​GOAL​ ​DESCRIPTIONS said
Moving the 20 years of game assets of DeadofNight to a modern service will take time and much development effort.
re-development of this game DeadofNight is your goal, isn't it?
thanks b4
linenoise (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 04:48:41 PM

btw i'm curious about your previous game, so i search about DeadofNight, and i find http://www.deadofnight.org
it look like this game website already exist since Registered On 2004-07-03 and Updated On 2016-10-06

As with so many things with a good name, there may be a few versions Smiley

The .org is another group running a DIKU based MUD which is a different player experience. 

The DeadofNight MUD was an LP Based one, it has the .com of the domain.

Domain Name: DEADOFNIGHT.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 1334904_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
   Creation Date: 1995-09-20T04:00:00Z

(With the LPMud down the website that ran from the game engine is also down, so a basic one is there for a placeholder)

There were thousands of MUDs over the years and there were many base libraries to run a MUD from. LP and Diku are just two of the popular formats of MUDs that describe how they are ran, developed, and to a point describe gameplay style. Think of it as if you're a Windows, Mac or Linux user. All accomplish pretty much the same thing but each has the things they are better at and there fans of each.  LPMuds allowed us a flexibility to program unique things which our user based appreciated.

With that in mind we have planned for the underlying system to be able to handle for the different variations of a MUDs that have existed.  This would allow for games with special programming to make things very unique and to also provide for DIKU MUDs.

Ilmiyati

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:04:03 PM

like the name of this turtle project, the development of this project until 2019, of course that is a long time for me. but it will pay off if the development of this project is very significant in the future, hopefully your project is successful dev
archermeehan

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:42:46 PM

To give real service, you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.
linenoise (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 08:51:47 PM

To give real service, you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.
I agree. I like to think our past actions, including free hosting of other MUDs (including such "old guard" ones as Ancient Anguish and Realmsmud) show we've had decades of commitment to the MUD community, our player base, and the free to play model.

linenoise (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 06:23:42 PM

ICOBench has added us to their ICO Listings.

https://icobench.com/ico/world-turtle-coin

With the variety of ICO's going on it's helpful to be included in one of the ICO Trackers .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzfkPxClt9g

linenoise (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 05:43:27 AM

Unfortunately the ICO failed to reach the milestones and has closed.
Thank you to all the supporters, the developers are considering possible future projects to modernize the MUD world.

All pledged funds were successfully returned to the supporters.

Cashcash

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:54:22 AM

Waves will arrive at times when their token will reign in the market. But not yet. There is more time .

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████