Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:19:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best airdrop you ever got (or didnt get)  (Read 4872 times)
beezle (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:10:06 AM

If bitcoin cash is being called an 'airdrop' for holders of BTC at time of hard fork, does the same logic apply to other hard forks?

Would that mean that ETH was an 'airdrop' for holders of original ETH (renamed to ETC) at time of Ethereum hard fork last year after DAO hack?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caldero

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:32:19 AM

If bitcoin cash is being called an 'airdrop' for holders of BTC at time of hard fork, does the same logic apply to other hard forks?

Would that mean that ETH was an 'airdrop' for holders of original ETH (renamed to ETC) at time of Ethereum hard fork last year after DAO hack?

I would say yes, I mean the only difference between an airdrop and a fork is how its handled from a technical point of view. The result is exactly the same though.
tukangkopi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:36:35 AM

I would say yes, I mean the only difference between an airdrop and a fork is how its handled from a technical point of view. The result is exactly the same though.
different because if fork you can adjust how much you will get the coin exposed fork is whereas airdrop it you can not reproduce the coin, it all depends on the airdrop coin developer is more profitable fork than airdrop.
CoinCollector006

Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:30:59 AM

Deep Onion is a scam along with most of the airdrop-ed coins, if not all.

A few points to add to this discussion

1. Decred and New Economy Movement (NEM) both started out as airdrops. I doubt anyone in the crypto world would argue that either platform is a scam. Byteball was airdropped to Bitcoin holders and I would argue the technology has promise.

2. Deep Onion has created a $3M+ market cap platform from zero and an ecosystem of developers, groupies, forum moderators and proud HODLers including myself. May I ask where is the scam when your cost basis is zero and your net investment is measured in the work your have invested in a project you deem to be a winner? I voluntarily contribute my time to this project because I feel its a likely success and

3. Crypto needs evangelists if it is to challenge the corrupt banking cabal where banks control the wealth of the people (don't forget you are an unsecured creditor if a big bank goes bust), claim commissions on every nearly every transaction and reserve the sweetest deals for their friends at big investment big banks. The Deep Onion developers IMHO deserve medals for awakening the passion of a community to preach the virtues of crypto currency, the importance of financial privacy and the hope of financial freedom should the price appreciation continue over the 40 week airdrop horizon.        

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
kkofor

Activity: 365

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:09:44 AM

Cheesy Why people still use ETC? any update for ETC now?
Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:33:50 AM

I always missed the airdrops! I remember there was an airdrop i don't remember the coin anymore but my friend got a very nice profit of $1200 and i was a newbie on bitcointalk at that time so i wasn't familiar with airdrops. I wish i could get an airdrop but i don't really know how it works.
sammrheza

Activity: 448
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:47:23 AM

deeponion is the best one I got for now , and byteball too Cheesy , how about you guys ?
beezle (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:57:48 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 02:49:18 AM by beezle

Someone mentioned the ripple airdrop. Does anyone have a link to where that was announced?
Assuming that page still exists and still mentions the closed airdrop from long ago..

I'm thinking of putting together a list of past airdrops, when each occured and how tokens were given to each user, and other info if available such as requirements, total numbver of participants that participated, and if announced the total coins/tokens that were to be airdropped, and how that quantity ciompares to total cooin supply...,

If I can organize this info for closed airdrops, then next step would be to do one for current or upcoming airdrops. But there's a couple of people working on that already and no need to duplicate if their list ends up being complete and up-to-date.

As far as I know there is no single resource for keeping track of completed airdrops, and I hope it may help to make future airdrops better. Plus I'd like to know if the size and/or generosity of a coin's airdrop has any correlation whatsoever to its eventual success or demise.

tienigarazz

Activity: 253

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:39:44 AM

I am still finding some good and big airdrop, any one can give me some good airdrop. Thank you in advance.

Tadzka

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:53:57 AM

I was lurking in this forum for quite a while now, didn't see a reason to register actually.
But since I found out about airdrops, I definitely registered.  Smiley

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:14:07 AM

I was lurking in this forum for quite a while now, didn't see a reason to register actually.
But since I found out about airdrops, I definitely registered.  Smiley

Good plan. You need to keep your activity as high as possible as the higher tier members get better deals but dont just post spam as every post you make is recorded so you might regret that in later years. Also never become a troll. we have enough of those here already
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:51:04 AM

Datum is given out 100DATs Token for referring friends to register a their website, it works just like AUTHORSHIP https://wn.nr/fDmDfP TOKEN will be distributed after ICO ends
beezle (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:50:24 PM

Datum is given out 100DATs Token for referring friends to register a their website, it works just like AUTHORSHIP .... TOKEN will be distributed after ICO ends

Missing the point of this topic, but great way to slip in your referral link..
Always best to link to the project's ANN or official website, https://datum.org/.

BMG86

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:04:38 PM

Deep Onion for sure! Currently valued at $1 and I get over 500 of them every week. Cant beat getting that much money per week for just making a little bit of effort on these forums!
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:09:22 PM

The airdrop that really worth it is byteball for sure. High liquidity and good return, not as good as the previous distribution but still good. Proxy card air drop was good and prompt too. Not like the ATS, tokens are paid out as promised. Not worth much yet, but shows a good will and organisation.
muvie

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:15:44 PM

The best airdrop I ever participated was Byteball. The biggest regret is XEM/NEM. I skipped that one, because I was to lazy to claim. It is now worth more than a million dollars...
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:58:10 PM

Deeponion is my favorite and best airdrop that I have received. Im not exactly a millionaire yet but who knows where it goes when the airdrop is complete. There's still a chance to join!

Campaign Manager (2018)
albio87

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:15:25 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2017, 06:25:40 PM by albio87

since now i've already got HOWL coin, FNL coin and ETHD

but as you can see in my signature the one that right now is the most promising and worthy!
in terms of immediate gains and most important in the long term, with a big room of growth, it's a privacy coin, with behind a great teem working continuosly on it but more important with an incredible community which help the project to be developed and begin always better.

last but not least they give a lot of value to the added value that each of us provides to the project, so if you are going to apply just to get coins and then fregartene it is not the project for you.
The best thing is that you receive something for something so there's no speculation and less risk that the coins you earn  by the airdrop are thrown on the exchange just to keep an immediate profit, causing the value to collapse.

So take a look on it and you will be happy to be part of this project

LivingDeath

Activity: 443

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:42:58 PM

For me the very best airdrop I ever got`s deeponion.
The other ones I took part I don`t know how they will come out in the long run.
bitcointarget

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:47:06 PM

different because if fork you can adjust how much you will get the coin exposed fork is whereas airdrop it you can not reproduce the coin, it all depends on the airdrop coin developer is more profitable fork than airdrop.

Airdrops gives only small reward. I joined deeponion thing and then I left their airdrop campaign. I'm planning to join byteball's airdrop next time, as I heard, people earned good money with that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: