Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:12:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't decrease memory clock  (Read 1447 times)
Slümdawg (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 06:16:13 PM

Maybe someone can answer my question here.

Been lurking for a little while and got into Bitcoins over the last week.

I have a Sapphire 5870 Eyefinity 6 2GB, and so far while mining with slushs pool w/phoenix Im doing a respectable 410-420 MHash.

However I've been pretty unsuccessful getting the memory clock down below 1200Mhz. AMD's GPU Clock tool doesn't detect any AMD/ATi hardware whenever I fire it up and this is what most 5870 users have been doing. Currently I have CCC 11.6 and the Sapphire TRIXX utility that I've been using to change clocks/volts, but memory wont go below 1200.

Most users are using memory clocks aroun 300Mhz!! Can I get in on that?!  Grin

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=7790.0
This is the particular thread I'd like to get into lol.

Also I have general questions about phoenix miner, more specifically why it accepts many connections. What are these? They seem to echo the same number of connections displayed in bitcoin.exe while its running in the background.
EDIT: After some time it seems that I will accept WAY more than the specified connections in bitcoin.exe. Still what are these for?

Finally, solo mining for phoenix has got me stumped as well...
My bat file currently looks like this...

start /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\phoenix" phoenix -v -u http://bitcoin.xxxxxxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxxxxx@localhost:8332/ -k phatk device=0 WORKSIZE=128 VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=13   

The bat file for the phoenix miner in slushs pool has the identical config other than the url/localhost and username/pass stuff. Does this look correct?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 07:55:26 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2011, 09:43:29 PM by Maged

Maybe someone can answer my question here.

Been lurking for a little while and got into Bitcoins over the last week.

I have a Sapphire 5870 Eyefinity 6 2GB, and so far while mining with slushs pool w/phoenix Im doing a respectable 410-420 MHash.

However I've been pretty unsuccessful getting the memory clock down below 1200Mhz. AMD's GPU Clock tool doesn't detect any AMD/ATi hardware whenever I fire it up and this is what most 5870 users have been doing. Currently I have CCC 11.6 and the Sapphire TRIXX utility that I've been using to change clocks/volts, but memory wont go below 1200.

Most users are using memory clocks aroun 300Mhz!! Can I get in on that?!  Grin

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=7790.0
This is the particular thread I'd like to get into lol.

Also I have general questions about phoenix miner, more specifically why it accepts many connections. What are these? They seem to echo the same number of connections displayed in bitcoin.exe while its running in the background.
EDIT: After some time it seems that I will accept WAY more than the specified connections in bitcoin.exe. Still what are these for?

Finally, solo mining for phoenix has got me stumped as well...
My bat file currently looks like this...

start /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\phoenix" phoenix -v -u http://bitcoin.xxxxxxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxxxxx@localhost:8332/ -k phatk device=0 WORKSIZE=128 VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=13  

The bat file for the phoenix miner in slushs pool has the identical config other than the url/localhost and username/pass stuff. Does this look correct?

I don't have the same card, but Sapphire 5830s. Trixx works just fine on XP and Win7. Some have said that on their Non-Sapphire cards that first setting to 600, then 300 works. In Trixx I simply press "reset" and "apply" to reset to stock. Then set all sliders to what you want by typing or using +/- (5830=1000/350/no overvolt), and press "apply". Also, leave trixx running minimized, if you customize the fan curve the software needs to be running to use it.

I would completely uninstall trixx, uninstall every ATI item in the control panel->programs and features until nothing is listed, also remove any other old video drivers like nvidia, go to device manager and uninstall the video card (make sure you choose "remove driver" unless it is already VGA), and restart. Let the video card be detected again by windows, restart if prompted. Then install the 11.4 individual driver-only/2.4 (with OpenCL) package off the ATI site and restart. Then install newest trixx. Set only the memory to 400 and press apply. If it doesn't work, call tech support.

Solo mining is a lottery, it would be three months on average for you to win 50BTC, but with the difficulty ramping up, you'll probably have a 50% chance of solving a block in a year.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: