Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:20:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help pick $1,500 rig  (Read 1287 times)
JamesAdams

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 03:01:36 PM

I like your suggestion of the GTX 1050Ti, is a decent price $185 each?

Actually you can get them even cheaper ($159.99 now) on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gtx+1050ti. Also I found lots of them around the $150 price point on newegg https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=gtx+1050ti&N=-1&isNodeId=1. Apparently each purchase also comes with free Rocket League but I don't know what you'd do with so many, maybe sell them?
Also you can find out the profits of GPUs and best coins to mine on whattomine.com. Unfortunately there's no option for 1050 Ti but right now I think it's best to mine Ethereum. Be sure to overclock your graphics card as much as possible and provide adequate power to each card, all available through MSI Afterburner.

Also I just calculated that you'll get 6-7 1050Ti's at $150 if you follow my list so you might want to swap the motherboard to H110 Pro BTC+ (13 total PCIe slots). The previous motherboard only had 6 PCIe slots. Also I forgot to factor in the PSU costs and riser costs. For PSU if you don't know how to link 2 PSUs together (I don't) I suggest getting a gold or above rated PSU that is around 1200W or 1300W from a reputable brand such as EVGA, Cooler Master, Corsair or Seasonic. Don't skimp or play around with the PSU, you are likely to fry up the cards or motherboard if they don't get adequate power. I suggest getting from those brands mentioned above at a reasonable price with enough PCIe power "holes" to connect all your GPUs (those on Newegg or Amazon are decently priced). If your local microcentre has a cheaper one that is not crappy or suspicious, then get it. If you have any doubts about one particular PSU just don't buy it and shell out a bit more money to buy a better one to be on the safe side. This PSU wattage I recommend is assuming that you'll buy more GTX 1050Ti's to add to your rig on the AsRock motherboard. If you decide to buy another GPU you should recalculate the wattage of everything and give a ~100W margin and make sure they're gold efficiency or better.

P.S.: Seems like the GTX 1050Ti's are the best right now since the price isn't hyper inflated.

WORDCOIN
It's never late to buy BTC for $1
Services-backed cryptocurrency of 1 trillion dollars market
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jm514 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:00:57 PM

I like your suggestion of the GTX 1050Ti, is a decent price $185 each?

Actually you can get them even cheaper ($159.99 now) on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gtx+1050ti. Also I found lots of them around the $150 price point on newegg https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=gtx+1050ti&N=-1&isNodeId=1. Apparently each purchase also comes with free Rocket League but I don't know what you'd do with so many, maybe sell them?
Also you can find out the profits of GPUs and best coins to mine on whattomine.com. Unfortunately there's no option for 1050 Ti but right now I think it's best to mine Ethereum. Be sure to overclock your graphics card as much as possible and provide adequate power to each card, all available through MSI Afterburner.

Also I just calculated that you'll get 6-7 1050Ti's at $150 if you follow my list so you might want to swap the motherboard to H110 Pro BTC+ (13 total PCIe slots). The previous motherboard only had 6 PCIe slots. Also I forgot to factor in the PSU costs and riser costs. For PSU if you don't know how to link 2 PSUs together (I don't) I suggest getting a gold or above rated PSU that is around 1200W or 1300W from a reputable brand such as EVGA, Cooler Master, Corsair or Seasonic. Don't skimp or play around with the PSU, you are likely to fry up the cards or motherboard if they don't get adequate power. I suggest getting from those brands mentioned above at a reasonable price with enough PCIe power "holes" to connect all your GPUs (those on Newegg or Amazon are decently priced). If your local microcentre has a cheaper one that is not crappy or suspicious, then get it. If you have any doubts about one particular PSU just don't buy it and shell out a bit more money to buy a better one to be on the safe side. This PSU wattage I recommend is assuming that you'll buy more GTX 1050Ti's to add to your rig on the AsRock motherboard. If you decide to buy another GPU you should recalculate the wattage of everything and give a ~100W margin and make sure they're gold efficiency or better.

P.S.: Seems like the GTX 1050Ti's are the best right now since the price isn't hyper inflated.

Thank you! Great information very helpful~
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:02:01 PM

The 1050 ti doesn't have an inflated price due to it's LOW performance.

IMO the 1060 is a better option even though it DOES still have slightly inflated pricing, because the performance more than makes up for the price especially when you factor in the price of the ENTIRE SYSTEM.

GTX 1070 are still somewhat inflated on price, but I think part of that is NVidia jacked MSRP up $50 recently citing "high RAM costs".

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: