Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:16:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proofreading service for your BTC sites.  (Read 601 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitPappa (OP)

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 07:40:59 PM

I was just signing up on a major Bay Area Bitcoin site, and I noticed on the only page I paid much attention to, that the punctuation was both grammatically incorrect, and inconsistently applied. It made me realize, Bitcoin sites should really make necessary efforts to be as perfect as possible on public websites, both to help make BTC as legit-seeming as possible to detractors, and just give faith to visitors that the perfection of the underlying code is as perfect as the site verbiage (a site plagued with grammatical errors is less luckily to be trusted with my BTC, bank account linking, etc.).

That said, my wife is a professional proofreader, and has worked for years for a major Los Angeles ad agency, primarily proofreading for one of the major auto companies (proofreading both print and web materials, including all the tiny legal print). If any of you big BTC players haven't had your sites professionally proofread, you should (no matter who you use to do that). Heck, small guys should too, but I know all too well, resources and time are spread thin (I haven't even asked her to proof my own sites in awhile)!

My wife's non-rush rate is $30/hour (she's not bought into BTC yet), though you could also pay the approximate equivalent in BTC after job completion. Please contact me if you would like to try her proofreading services. I'd love for her to get more involved in Bitcoin, and maybe she'll stop blanking out when I start talking about Bitcoin stuff.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: