Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:27:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blocktrail / BTC.COM - Sent a transaction of 100$ with 0.00001 BTC Fees :o  (Read 381 times)
bitasker (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:05:24 PM

Hi,

I just sent a transaction from Blocktrail !

A BTC value of 100$ ... and imagine what ar the fees:
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/314e64347c851252b728b87676e8225961f9f08a2874f417a4896c89667defff

Is this serious ?! How to recover my BTC please ? How to set the minimum fees required for a transaction ?!

WTF ... When i tried to use your accelerator it ask for 15$ in order to accelerate it Shocked

Their system must send with minimum fees of 0.0001 BTC, but they consist to send with really minimal fees in order to force us to use their costely accelerator Shocked

I can't even use ViaBTC in my case !

Is there a way to get my money back ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:25:05 AM

Hi,

https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/314e64347c851252b728b87676e8225961f9f08a2874f417a4896c89667defff

Is this serious ?! How to recover my BTC please ? How to set the minimum fees required for a transaction ?!

WTF ... When i tried to use your accelerator it ask for 15$ in order to accelerate it Shocked

Their system must send with minimum fees of 0.0001 BTC, but they consist to send with really minimal fees in order to force us to use their costely accelerator Shocked

It's already gotten some confirmations so all is good.

However, why did btc.com send the transaction with such low transaction fees? That's the thing that i don't really understand. Did you set your own custom fee and accidentally try to send the transaction or something else?

One possibility could be that btc.com had one of those 'cheap transaction' promos where you can use their accelerator for free once or twice(cant remember exactly) when you sign up. That should explain why it even got confs without acceleration too.
cryptonewsID

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:29:00 AM

Hi,

Wowww  Shocked mantap jiwa, so cheap and transaction get confirmation
what is it related with bitcoin segwit ?
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:53:31 AM

Friend, I also read a similar thread about coinbase. I don't know whats happening today. If the transaction fees is zero, then its good for the bitcoin community. But when I send some money with my electrum wallet today,transaction fees was around 0.0005Btc. Anyways you guys are lucky to have zero transaction fees.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:48:12 AM

Friend, I also read a similar thread about coinbase. I don't know whats happening today. If the transaction fees is zero, then its good for the bitcoin community. But when I send some money with my electrum wallet today,transaction fees was around 0.0005Btc. Anyways you guys are lucky to have zero transaction fees.

Anyone is able to send bitcoin with zero fees. It's just that you may never get a confirmation or you may be waiting for a long time before you get a confirmation on your transaction, that is all. You are free to choose the amount of fees you pay, but wallet services usually decide for you the recommended amount.

@OP, On btc.com i think you get some free uses on their accelerator, which basically means that you are able to send your transaction with a small amount of fee and still get it confirmed in a relatively short period of time as soon as their pool mines a block. I think this is what happened here.

See https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/btccom-wallet-tries-discounting-some-priority-transaction-fees/ for more info.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: