Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:53:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mental barrier stops from buying BTC  (Read 3661 times)
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:07:37 PM

I think it's important to recognize that life is not like a movie where the main character will almost certainly "win" in the end. When Bitcoin hits $1 million, there will be people who followed it from when it was $100 but never got in cos of the endless cycle of "When it goes down I will buy" but they never do and it ends up spiking so they don't want to buy near the top. And they just never get it, and one day Bitcoin hits a million and its too late.
Who knows what could be in the future, since when Bitcoin was available for several hundred dollars and no one wanted to buy Bitcoin for $ 1000 in the future. But to date the situation has changed dramatically and even 3,900 for many the price as for happiness.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:13:12 PM

Yea it is actually the current scenario which is the cause of this mental barrier many are facing now because of bitcoin prices going very high recently. Actually even i thought buying bitcoin now would be very costly so why don't I  try earning them when I have free  time so even of there is a price drop I won't suffer that of a huge loss cause I didn't invest my own money that I just loss. So who aren't that rich to buy bitcoin currently at this price better try earning in by doing various jobs or stuffs you can say.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:19:13 PM

Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?

Its normal to feel that way and even when you don't buy, you blame yourself and start counting the amount you would have made if you had take such decision. I have been there and that's why I always advocate for the some basic rules in either buying and selling.

1. Buy when you can afford it, if the price falls further, it just strengthen your resolution to hold more in other to make profit and probably made more than what you would have initially made if you had waited.

2. And only sell when you are confident that you can withstand whatever will happen next and be convinced within yourself you took the right decision and if situation should repeat itself, you won't do otherwise.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 07:21:50 PM

Yes it happens everytime with every investment that someone is gonna do. If you find a fund in a bank, maybe you wouldnt trusted it since the beggining, but when you notice it is giving 10% a month, then you regret about it.
Same happens with all the cryptos, that is why some people are afraid of buying, me too.. that is why i only buy altcoins right now, i think they are the most safe investment right now.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
suzanne5223

Activity: 2576
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 09:20:51 PM

Well, there's always time, season for everything and bitcoin business is also ike the real world business. However, if you follow the price chart movement of bitcoin closely, reading article and follow the latest news about crypto currency then you'll know if dump and pump will happen right before it happen mate.

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:56:06 PM

Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?
Not only you, a lot of people get mental barriers which avoids them to do what they want to do which makes them regret later on in their life. Speaking of regret, the thing that comes in my mind is that media also fills people's mind with all possible bull shit available and try to stop people to do things they want to do or misguide them.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:10:25 PM

It is a very interesting question for anyone who's been here a while to ask themselves. If I was fresh to Bitcoin now what would I do?

I'm not completely sure how I'd approach it. These price levels are still extremely fresh. It always boggles my mind how quick people are to forget where it was sitting just a short time ago.

If I'd done my homework properly I would probably settle on buying a set amount per week or month, which is indeed what I should've done in the first place as I'd have plenty more BTC for the same outlay.

There's no doubt plenty of epic action to come in the future but perhaps it's going to enter a period of consolidation mixed with minor falls. Then again I think I predicted the price would be $260 by now a couple of years ago, partly for fun.

A $200 bitcoin feels like it has more potential than a $4000 but people could be wrong about that. At $200 it could easily have dwindled to nothing. At these levels something has clicked in more minds, though I don't know what it is.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1018

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:12:03 PM

Not only you is the one who are experiencing such problem because most people do really have this kind of doubts including me specially when we are planning to buy bitcoin. Our mind do really tell us that this might not be the time to buy which the price did go sore up high in the last minute which would end up for you to regret later on.If you are an active trader for sure you will always have this kind of feeling for sure.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:37:32 PM

Nothing serious in that, all investors who are adopting or investing Bitcoin in 2017 have same gut feelings. After all its your very own money you investing.
But based on my own experience, I could easily say Bitcoin has completely outshine traditional investing assets like bonds ,shares, stocks etc. My experiment with Bitcoin as investment has gone such successful that Bitcoins contribute ~70% of my portfolio today.
So believe me dude, its never too late!

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
kamikadze69

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:50:51 PM

I think it depends how you will use the time you got when you bought and sold bitcoin back. because time is the most vital thing in this case.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:05:17 PM

Nothing serious in that, all investors who are adopting or investing Bitcoin in 2017 have same gut feelings. After all its your very own money you investing.
But based on my own experience, I could easily say Bitcoin has completely outshine traditional investing assets like bonds ,shares, stocks etc. My experiment with Bitcoin as investment has gone such successful that Bitcoins contribute ~70% of my portfolio today.

I think one thing that should be taken into account with what you just said is that bitcoin rose very high very quickly, and for a lot of people, that meant that their investment grew practically tenfold. I don't know if this trend will continue into the near future. I can't be sure if more countries will start banning btc following China's footsteps.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:52:55 PM

Todays twitter from Charlie Lee is a great example on how can this great technology be manipulated by people with dark intentions.
He just said something that has been confirmed in China and now the market is down and blood in on the streets. I bet hes making millions with this dirty trick..

sad!  Angry
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:19:01 PM

The problem I have is that since I bought Bitcoins below $1000, everything above that price seems too expensive. I won't buy any Bitcoins at the current price which is about $4300.

I may never find a good buy price again but if it drops back down to $3000 I may buy more. Right now I'm focusing more on altcoins because they seem to be more economical and may have more potential for gains than Bitcoin. At least a few may outperform Bitcoin.
ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:25:34 PM

The problem I have is that since I bought Bitcoins below $1000, everything above that price seems too expensive. I won't buy any Bitcoins at the current price which is about $4300.

I may never find a good buy price again but if it drops back down to $3000 I may buy more. Right now I'm focusing more on altcoins because they seem to be more economical and may have more potential for gains than Bitcoin. At least a few may outperform Bitcoin.
This is the way i feel to , paying 10x what i paid before just feels wrong.
If you find the right altcoin a lot of gains in btc can be made.

amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:34:23 PM

I´m trying to enter BTC from trading profits and online small jobs. So i don´t feel i´m BUYING:) it´s just mental  stuff. But you are right to be carefull. I can see BTC at 10K but if the regulatory shakedown is hard enough lots of the "new" money that came in can just go out and creat some a good deep.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:43:08 PM

I think it depends how you will use the time you got when you bought and sold bitcoin back. because time is the most vital thing in this case.
Whatever it takes op can buy btc if permitted. Yes time is a vital role in investing your money into btc buy back when you have decision to take risks. As the bitcoin price is steadily increasing but others hoping to make it fall so anyone could buy at the deep.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:23:18 AM

Wink By being a little positive also its gaining popularity day by day thus there is literally very less chance that its gonna be down in a while also with more numbers of people flocking in its trade its highly unlikely that something as unfortunate as making its overall value to zero will happen.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 06:48:24 AM

I think at Bitcoin $ 2,000, its price is too high, and you can not control your own decision. Besides, it is not easy when people sell Bitcoin but you buy it, the rumors are spread everywhere, Bitcoin will disappear. Even though I do not believe it, I still feel afraid and do not dare invest in Bitcoin anymore. Thereby, we should make a firmer investment decision. Success does not choose the weak

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:40:32 AM

I think one thing that should be taken into account with what you just said is that bitcoin rose very high very quickly, and for a lot of people, that meant that their investment grew practically tenfold. I don't know if this trend will continue into the near future. I can't be sure if more countries will start banning btc following China's footsteps.
There is no doubt that bitcoins do increase in price tremendously after every pump and people are earning good capital with bitcoins. I strongly believe that at least for a decade, bitcoins will keep increasing in value and other developed countries are not going to follow China at all.
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1350

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:32:26 AM

There is no doubt that bitcoins do increase in price tremendously after every pump and people are earning good capital with bitcoins. I strongly believe that at least for a decade, bitcoins will keep increasing in value and other developed countries are not going to follow China at all.

China already set a bad example to follow. Initially they all love bitcoin and crypto currency. But now they are totally cracking it. Japan is the best country in terms of bitcoin, they have legalized it already and almost all merchant in that country are going to accept bitcoin. For a decade, definitely bitcoin price could go tenfold. Although there are a lot of bumps that we have to overcome along the way. But bitcoin has already proven time and again that it can take this challenge and the price can go even further. Good example is what we are witnessing right now. It has recovered by all the bloodbath beginning of September and we are on the way to touch $4000-$5000 once again.

.dice9.win.░░░░▄▄█████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░█████▀██▀█████
█████▀█████▀█████
█████▄█████▄█████
████▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄████
░████▄▀█▄█▀▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
████
░░░░░░█████████

███████