Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:00:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mental barrier stops from buying BTC  (Read 3676 times)
karabasss

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:50:25 AM

Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?
Already 6k and feeling left, that it was necessary to take even more. Thoughts were that he artificially lowered to the normal level, and he rose to the level of insanity. Now I do not know where the limit is or when the growth will stop.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SirVeillance

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:54:41 PM

If you look at the market capitalisation and the newly generated interest from the "old economy" the future for BTC is bright. We all expected a sudden crash when bitcoin hit 100 USD for the first time. And 500. And 1000. And 2000... And 3000... And 4000...

Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?
Already 6k and feeling left, that it was necessary to take even more. Thoughts were that he artificially lowered to the normal level, and he rose to the level of insanity. Now I do not know where the limit is or when the growth will stop.

Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:18:00 PM

There are actually many mental factors that prevent people from taking excessive risks, but it is partly natural because it is part of our survival instinct. And it is well known that an investment as volatile as bitcoin presents a greater risk potential, which inhibits the intentions of conservative investors.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:31:14 PM

I hope you got rid of your mental barrier because bitcoin broke not long ago the 6000 mark and I think we may reach 7000 or 8000 before the end of the year, I know that it does not fell right to pay thousands of dollars for something many people in the forum got for free, but they took a risk and it is paying off.
Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:35:32 PM

I hope you got rid of your mental barrier because bitcoin broke not long ago the 6000 mark and I think we may reach 7000 or 8000 before the end of the year, I know that it does not fell right to pay thousands of dollars for something many people in the forum got for free, but they took a risk and it is paying off.
If you can able to handle the risk then we might somehow assure ourselves that it will really pays off later on when the price tends to rise up and yes sometimes we do really doubt on buying because we do know the nature of bitcoins price which is too volatile.We wont know if we buy now and sudden decrease its price then we do really lose money but yet coming into another side bitcoins price do always tends up to recover later on and even reaching out new heights.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:25:08 PM

If you can able to handle the risk then we might somehow assure ourselves that it will really pays off later on when the price tends to rise up and yes sometimes we do really doubt on buying because we do know the nature of bitcoins price which is too volatile.We wont know if we buy now and sudden decrease its price then we do really lose money but yet coming into another side bitcoins price do always tends up to recover later on and even reaching out new heights.

This mental barriers really affects our buying strategies specially if we are putting a lot of money on it. It will varies to the average wage, for an ordinary workers which are limited in buying this will be really difficult unlike like others that have an extra money to buy bitcoin. I think it depends on the capacity not on mentality.

JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:16:29 PM

Yes I believe this is something that is huge that is stopping BTC from gaining global acceptance. There are too many people that dismiss it so easily without looking into the tech.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:26:52 PM

This mental barriers really affects our buying strategies specially if we are putting a lot of money on it. It will varies to the average wage, for an ordinary workers which are limited in buying this will be really difficult unlike like others that have an extra money to buy bitcoin. I think it depends on the capacity not on mentality.
Capacity would really matter on these kind of situation because it would really give you the advantage on buying and you wont really worry too much if you do have lots of money but for those people who do have only sufficient amounts to be invested then moving prices will really make you hesitate when anytime you do made such decisions which is really common on this bitcoin trading or altcoin world.There are lots of things to be considered first and doubts in your minds that what if the price would drop in times we did buy? We would really be weary on that thing.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:22:48 PM

I love reading about the price of bitcoin in retrospect. Op's post is from 8th September - price ob BITC back then hit $4k.
Today we have price of almost $6k - and the future looks rather bright with no apparent danger present.
There is an easy way to fight this mental blockade - answer just this one question - do you think that BTC reached its maximum price?
Do you think that we will reach $6k and that will be it? The final and absolute top price?
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:43:48 AM

Well you will just have to convince yourself that Bitcoin will rise in the long-term. Look at graphs of Bitcoin’s price rise. Observe even if you want for ours that long-term positive bullish trend that is a defining characteristic of Bitcoin. Imprint it in your mind and you will want Bitcoin immediately. Also another method would be to look at the major price falls and then compare it will the major price gains. The price gains are always higher. And see how Bitcoin rose to never before seen heights even after a major fall. This will hopefully stop you from doubting the potential of Bitcoin. I personally do not doubt the potential of Bitcoin and I hope you train yourself not to either.
sumanto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:51:24 AM

yes you are right, yesterday bitcoin is still at $ 2000 but now bitcoin is at $ 6000, if you are afraid to buy if i suggest you buy half of your trading capital so if bitcoin price you still have capital for backup loss, bitcoin will always rise in price becomes very expensive. do not be afraid to buy bitcoin.
aeternus

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:33:19 PM

Yes I believe this is something that is huge that is stopping BTC from gaining global acceptance. There are too many people that dismiss it so easily without looking into the tech.
They dismiss it because they can right now people do not see the need to use something like bitcoin but in the future they are going to be able to see why we need bitcoin when the economic system we are in eventually collapses then and only then they are going to see the merits of bitcoin.
Domenc

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:34:10 PM

I Don't feel this is true for me . Bitcoin has never let me down . There is obviously some dilemma before buying or investing in bitcoin but the result always comes out to be positive and beneficial for me .  Bitcoin price is like 3 times compared to the 3 last months . I don't find a single reason how bitcoin has dissappointed anybody .
Moreover , buying should be done looking closely at the market . By properly analyzing the on going price of bitcoin and by looking out for upcoming forks.
wismases

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:01:52 PM

I have once experienced it. Instead waiting declining to buy btc more, which happens btc triggered shot up. And few days ago, i am no longer wait to buy btc when i have unused fiat. And sure enough, I managed to achieve a good profit today.
dmamigo

Activity: 1204

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:59:49 PM

That stroked me very often when I started, but as days passed, the barrier got gradually diminished. The same now still happens but when I think or plan to buy or sell Altcoins and even during ICOs still after doing a thorough research about the ICO.

aeternus

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:26:43 PM

I Don't feel this is true for me . Bitcoin has never let me down . There is obviously some dilemma before buying or investing in bitcoin but the result always comes out to be positive and beneficial for me .  Bitcoin price is like 3 times compared to the 3 last months . I don't find a single reason how bitcoin has dissappointed anybody .
Moreover , buying should be done looking closely at the market . By properly analyzing the on going price of bitcoin and by looking out for upcoming forks.

Bitcoin has been great for those that believe in it and are willing to wait to get their profits but for the day trader that got out of bitcoin and now wants to enter he is going to discover his dollars buy a lot less bitcoin and the same is true for those that like to short bitcoin, those people have been absolutely destroyed in the past months.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: