Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:10:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the forum and to mining  (Read 390 times)
Peacefrog (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:26:05 AM

Hey everybody. finally figured out i had to post here a couple times.

I just learned about mining and i'm using a couple year old XPS with ati 4670. average 26 Mh/s
For some reason i cant get my cgminer to go above 35 kh/s so i use bitminter at the moment getting 26 Mh at an average 71-75 degrees on my GPU.

I dont think thats bad but i'm curious if that seems right or wrong to anyone.

I'll have a couple questions when i get ability to post in the right section.

Besides that I love talkin music. Equipment, songs, upcoming festivals it dont matter i can go on for hours

If anyone here does music production i'd love to talk i'm sure we would both benefit from each other.
I have very little experience with ableton but I have been in love with Propellerhead's Reason software for a couple years now.

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sha9sRtV5ermdZKwxZJPdT1cStK5RGWxGr
Kaepora

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:03:46 AM

Hey everybody. finally figured out i had to post here a couple times.

I just learned about mining and i'm using a couple year old XPS with ati 4670. average 26 Mh/s
For some reason i cant get my cgminer to go above 35 kh/s so i use bitminter at the moment getting 26 Mh at an average 71-75 degrees on my GPU.

I dont think thats bad but i'm curious if that seems right or wrong to anyone.

I'll have a couple questions when i get ability to post in the right section.

Besides that I love talkin music. Equipment, songs, upcoming festivals it dont matter i can go on for hours

If anyone here does music production i'd love to talk i'm sure we would both benefit from each other.
I have very little experience with ableton but I have been in love with Propellerhead's Reason software for a couple years now.

Your hashrate sounds just about right:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
Welcome to the Board!
lch

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 05:05:10 AM

welcome.
Peacefrog (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:11:48 AM

thank you, I have another question. My GPU should be PCI-E 2.0x16 but my gpu-z is saying 1.1x16

I have the latest drivers, but it is a dell and as i just realized there are multiple underclocking measures in place that no one seems to fix.

You guys are friendly here. better then most places lol

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sha9sRtV5ermdZKwxZJPdT1cStK5RGWxGr
jjpotter

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:32:04 AM

From what I've read, the PCIe bus speed isn't too much of a factor when mining (for LiteCoin anyways).  Correct me if I'm wrong...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: