Bitcoin Forum
December 06, 2016, 07:57:31 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea: Bitcoin miner as a screen saver like SETI@home / BOINC  (Read 970 times)
carbolic

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 08:12:15 PM

I'm just putting this out there because I'd like to see it make coins for my own non-profit org.

How about making a bitcoin miner that runs when the screen saver is active (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_distributed_computing_projects).

It could have a cool graphic that shows progress or lists some of the hashes it has generated and other stats.

There would be an option to use a GPU or CPU and it would be nice to the computer, i.e. not running at 100%.

It would go into a pool which would be customizable (send worker shares to account X on pool Y) - perhaps with a small portion going to the publisher (with full disclosure of course).

Anyway, just throwing that out there. I think it's a neat idea and would look really cool on all our screens at work.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lolcat

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 08:14:26 PM

I think a few people have scripted similar programs for personal use, but I agree with you.
Something like that would be nice for all of us.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.