Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:44:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is life getting so expensive?  (Read 968 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:28:40 PM

Few years ago I was able to buy all I need to survive for €100 ($120) a week (rent not included). Today I at least need €200 ($240), although I mostly buy the same stuff as before. What do you think is the reason and what implication does it have long term?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
menteng46

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:37:22 PM

Because life only once Cool
citizenh-ssd

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:44:48 PM

I think that life does not become more expensive, but the value of currencies becomes more expensive. Previously, we had a minimum salary of $ 100, and now $ 128 and, accordingly, slightly increased prices for everything else.

yuda

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:13:26 PM

I didn't know, but one thing for sure live it's mean to survive and the population continues to grow while the number of jobs is small and income is not proportional to the job. need something update
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:40:18 PM

Standard of living is getting higher, new innovations sparking up lot of things and probably people are getting more greedy.
theuploader

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:42:02 PM

we in tunisia(North Africa) are facing the same problem. since 2011, Prices have been multiplied by 2 and sometimes by 3. Life here is getting worse and our currency 'Dinar' has become very low compared to Eur or usd Sad
Michael_Gims

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:36:04 PM

inflation is the result of all social and economic problems
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:06:21 PM

Yeah, its rich mans world.  Undecided

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:46:48 AM

inflation is the result of all social and economic problems

Yep, investing 1500 mh/s on ethereum -> 115 dollars/24h. Climate in North is more stabile.

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:24:20 AM

I think that life does not become more expensive, but the value of currencies becomes more expensive. Previously, we had a minimum salary of $ 100, and now $ 128 and, accordingly, slightly increased prices for everything else.
I agree with what you say, because what I experienced like that ..
my pay raise can not change my money, the steadily increasing cost of basic commodities impacts my monthly or weekly expenses
1% that I can allocate to save.

adnet

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:18:13 AM

The rise in prices - inflation - is an age-old phenomenon. Economists disagree as to what its causes are, though it is fairly widely accepted that it is in part influenced by variations in the money supply.

Central Banks are in charge of monitoring the inflation rate. The U.S. Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank usually target a core inflation rate of 2% (that is, prices grow 2% over a year). They can manipulate it by adjusting the interest rate at which they lend money to banks, among other things.
NiHaoMike

Activity: 236
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 04:34:38 AM

Few years ago I was able to buy all I need to survive for €100 ($120) a week (rent not included). Today I at least need €200 ($240), although I mostly buy the same stuff as before. What do you think is the reason and what implication does it have long term?
Go through the items and find the ones that are costing a lot. Then decide if it's worth buying or if it's better to do without/cut down use or go for a cheaper alternative.

I assume you're not counting utilities since it doesn't take much of a mining setup to cost that much to run, although in that case I presume you're getting substantially more out of it.

I use cryptocurrency and solar power to help my best friend Naomi Wu... And I'm proud of it!
camsss

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:45:09 AM

yes I agree that life nowadays are getting more expensive. It is because besides our basic needs we also allot some money on some of our wants that is now considered as needs. examples of these are cellphones.

ainunfm

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:48:54 AM

I think its because technology started to overwhelm us with needs, because of that, we're need more and more money to be fulfilled with those thing, unless you live in forest lol Grin
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 06:52:11 AM

Prices are generally set by supply and demand.

Over the past decade, supply has roughly stayed the same, while demand continues to grow as people continue to have sex. 

Stupid people having sex.   Angry

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
MarconyGL

Activity: 462

https://saturn.black

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:57:12 AM

I think life becomes more expensive due to the fact that every year there is more and more technology and fewer jobs or wages are not sufficient for a comfortable standard of living.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
achikomimi

Merit: 102

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:11:26 AM

Because there's a rapid increase in prices called, Inflation.
IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:13:04 AM

because "life" is loosing resources and if we loose all we will die.
Fida-crypto

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:24:13 AM

The rise in prices - inflation - is an age-old phenomenon. Economists disagree as to what its causes are, though it is fairly widely accepted that it is in part influenced by variations in the money supply.
mimedo

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:33:24 AM

The world gets stronger everyday and not all humans cope to it. We see it as things getting too damn expensive but in reality it is just us not being able to ride with the tide.

Also, my grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the War. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe. Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads, and that the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Avatar will return to save the world.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:51:41 AM

I think it depends heavily upon where you live, the annoying thing where I live is a lot of products shrink in size but the price stays the same. The best thing to do is buy in bulk as much as possible, if you're buying a drink in a can five times a week out the vending machine, it'll cost way more than buying a 2 litre bottle of the same drink from the supermarket.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Stgsurya

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:04:31 AM

portotoi

Activity: 280

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:07:36 AM

yes why is it? for me it is so frustrating...my salary before was low...but now...even my salary increases i can't even buy my desired clothes for myself ...maybe this is because when we get paid a low salary we are satisfied in small things but when it will increase, our demand will also increase...

AzamiFayda

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:51:39 AM

you dont increase your income faster than the inflation, so you are loosing to inflation.
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:54:32 AM

Free market.

People rise the prices, people keep buying, prices keep rising.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:29:57 PM

Life is getting expensive because you are using money made by someone else.

If you traded your products or services that you personally made, directly with people who made the products or services that you needed, WITHOUT using money, things would be different.

With money, the people that make the money also control it to some extent. They manipulate it so that they get a cut off every transaction... often without anyone knowing it. It might be in the form of taxes. Or it might be inflation.

Consider Bitcoin. If Bitcoin ruled the world, how long would it take for the miners to raise the transaction fees? It might not take a very long time. We might be up to 10% in transaction fees rather than a few satoshis, if we wanted out transactions to go through in a timely manner.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Gaos

Activity: 86

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:53:49 PM

Life is getting expensive for two reasons. On the one hand, the quality of things and products is growing up on and on and on and on and life is getting better and more comfortable, so the cost is getting better too. On the other hand, the people who control all the money in the world, they just wanna more money, on and on and on and on. So, the prices are growing up and they get what they wanted.

BitcoinUKmedia

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:11:24 PM

The dollar today is devalued and worth so much less these days - government controls the money supply and keeps issuing more money 'quantitive easing' which causes 'inflation' and so FIAT becomes worth less and you can buy less with it. Also watch out for greedy corporations that reduce the portion size of everything so you get less food in a packet  etc etc.

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are generally deflationary and have the opposite effect on your funds - their increasing scarcity is designed to work the opposite to FIAT. That is why I am a big supporter for our ecosystem.
Juel rana

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:44:19 PM

To make people poor, so that they accept crappy jobs.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:30:43 PM

Also depends on what your living standards are, not to say you live luxury but others do with a smaller budget. If you spend more in an area such as going out for drinks then yeah it has gotten allot more expensive, or if you smoke it's atleast 3x or 4x as expensive. Not saying you do. But if you really find yourself paying allot of means of living and relaxing then it's best to revise your spendings.

tatalin

Activity: 255

https://burst.money/

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:42:20 AM

Because of inflation wherein prices tend to go up. Because of the increase in salaries and wages, then the company makes the prices of their product to go up so that it will compensate the wage increase.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Lamzn6

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:54:10 AM

Inflation. Bitcoin is coming to rescue!
MommyElsa

Activity: 387

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:41:28 AM

Simply because the price of the goods ate getting higher and your salary is not enough to sustain your needs.

🥤🧊🥤🧊        ONLINE SOCIAL COMMUNICATION & DATING APK         🧊🥤🧊🥤
Capeshifter

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:53:02 PM

if life is too expensive where you live, change your country. There are countries with a much lower cost of living which can give you the life quality you're looking for. Check numbeo.com
edenmorris2017

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:52:08 PM

the economy is about people with a minimum salary do not think .. everything is done for rich people ... the poor survive
kie

Activity: 202

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:39:58 PM

the amount of the goods we consume raised but the salary are still the same.

legos

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:43:54 PM

You gotta find a different job
rizki_rizki

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:18:35 AM

Our lives become expensive because we give priority to prestige rather than the main needs
yinyangwinwang

Merit: 102

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:04:54 AM

1) rich are getting richer while poor get poorer
2) not living off necessity but rather the wants ie poor lifestyle choices

As the disparity widens society struggles. We need to ensure there will be more middle class, this will provide for a efficient society.

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:54:23 AM

everything is getting expensive that's why life becomes expensive. even our basic needs becomes expensive from time to time, from bills to our daily needs everyday. here in philippines wages is a little lower that our daily expenses.  Huh
turmidi

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:02:41 AM

because life is competitive, the population continues growing up and the human needs automatically is also growing up. In fact, the many people don't have  good salary.
selo9

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:00:01 PM

because all gaverment want to poor people so ıf all people be rich gaverment havent easy control .
tylerik1

Activity: 392

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:02:50 PM

the world is just going crazy, everything gets expensive in the future, because Fiat is not doing good!

DizzerPilot

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:16:22 PM

Inflation. Money is becoming less valuable.
maxml

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:59:11 PM

Unfortunately inflation has always been a problem and will always be a problem. Inflation goes up and the value of your currency will go down, making things more and more expensive as time goes on.
kengeorge21

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:19:47 PM

its because fiat is losing its value, or maybe in the country you live in has a inflation or hyperinflation going on that's why you feel your money's worth is getting low.

Neo--

Activity: 658
Merit: 288

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:06:03 PM

You have right with those you wrote but our income has increased too!
thebanker28

Activity: 303

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:15:29 PM

Inflation is the most likely culprit, simply the value of money is not what it used to be. It is however not an even story because in some categories you have a deflationary cycle going on - where you are getting more for the same amount of money, think technoogy products etc, this manifests itself in things like a laptop or a phone remaining at a constant price with capacity and features increasing every year.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
brunoblock

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:42:44 PM

It’s because of all the inflation from the money printing to maintain the debt cycle.
skillink

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:11:56 PM

it is inflation, just as in my country (Indonesia) 17 Years ago 2 million rupiah could buy a lot of land, now can only buy land 2 - 4 square meters.
Leonbtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 190

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:39:50 PM

Greed my friend we are all greedy persons. We make Prices go up!

bluemongrel

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:00:10 AM

Eh, life has always been difficult and expensive. Most people live in need, throughout history. It's just that life becomes challenging in different ways now. I think however, in most countries, our standard of living and human rights is still better than the past. We're just as unhappy however.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: