Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:25:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm going on a Bitcoin World Tour  (Read 3796 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 07:45:40 AM

2) Bitcoin is a tiny piece of the cryptocurrency puzzle, but it's the most visible one right now.

A tiny piece?

I love how people are trying to pump and dump alts so hard, a tiny piece LOL finshaggy go do research then come back. Bitcoin made crypto-currencies possible without them no alt coins would be here.

I know that bitcoin is the biggest one, and I've been hearing about it since the silk road started.
But discrediting alt coins because of bitcoins, is like discrediting bitcoins because of e cash. It's just stupid of you to do.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:51:00 AM

So your going to go around and spread lies, thanks for doing nothing to the community and spreading lies, THANK YOU SIR.

No, that's what YOU are doing.

Prove it, I been backing my facts up with citations. You have yet to do that. Sadly the more you say it will not make it more true.

2) Bitcoin is a tiny piece of the cryptocurrency puzzle, but it's the most visible one right now.

A tiny piece?

I love how people are trying to pump and dump alts so hard, a tiny piece LOL finshaggy go do research then come back. Bitcoin made crypto-currencies possible without them no alt coins would be here.

I know that bitcoin is the biggest one, and I've been hearing about it since the silk road started.
But discrediting alt coins because of bitcoins, is like discrediting bitcoins because of e cash. It's just stupid of you to do.

Bitcoin create altcoins, without Bitcoins there be no altcoins. Altcoins are directly tied to bitcoins. E-cash in no form was anything like Bitcoins. Altcoins are exactly like bitcoins, they use the same code base and just change two variables. Newbies shouldn't be preaching bitcoins or altcoins, cause you have no idea, don't hurt the community which are about to do.
hammz

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:16:40 AM

I think when talking points start getting assigned numbers, outdoors time is necessary...  Cheesy
cchan

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:56:32 AM

I see you will come to China. Welcome!  Smiley
When and which city will you come to?
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:14:00 AM

OP kudos to you brother. I'm doing the same here in Canada, going on a Canada domination tour. going to be setting up people with whatever hardware they have to get them working asap.

my logic is that they can always sell the gpus and fpgas later.  consider it buy a 7970 for 400 Canadian at 700 mhash with overclocking, no video plugged in, 300 watt average/h x 24 x 30 x $.10/1kwatt = $21/month electric bill

$21/month electric bill for 120 dollars worth so 99 take home after 4 months you brake even then you keep going.

now if you sell it the average depreciation for a card like that is 2% per month so 400 - (6x2%) = sell at $350.00  you have lost

50 dollars buy in for the card and 126 in operational costs net profit for 6 months operation = $550.00

this is a perfect buy in time... the ASICs are ramping up $550.00 is a good amount of cash to buy one later on and start the hardware war.

but right now ASICs are very,... very hard to manufacture! do not forget that! it will be another 2 years before they are easily available and another 4 years before the companies have good foundries to take it down to 60nm.

I don't know about you but you must also consider that the foundries for AMD are already mature! they double in hashing efficiency every generation! the next 8000 series will be hashing at 1000mhash using the same wattage as the 7000 series... the 9000 series will double that!2000mhash for 400 dollars.

by the time the foundries for the asics are well established gpus will be competing with todays ASICs.  You gotta fund the future now while you still can.

and don't forget that you are trading not just a currency but in this early stage of Bitcoin... you are being paid in STOCK!!! with future value!

at it's maximum 400,000 transaction/day that the protocol allows now, that will mean a 10 fold increase in the price of Bitcoin in 2 years.

your investing... not truly earning once the currency stabilizes at a maximum 42 billion dollars worth of transactions per day then bitcoin mining will simply be a way to earn wages not stock like it does now.

so yeah, get those people working brother! anyway you can, they gotta be ready, trained, educated in fighting form. I want crack Bitcoin troops deployed world wide.

and don't forget that for someone in honduras...  that 550 dollar return after 6 months is = to 11,000 lempiras, the average wage is 1300 lempiras.

my cousin is already setup in Honduras, I sent him a killer card I got off of kijiji. he'll be earning a living while he studies down there for a meer 200 dollars off my wage. he's already got 2 bitcoins saved up.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:38:42 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 03:27:22 AM by Justin00

i should be nice

syn999

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:02:27 PM

not trying to be negative, but if your the guy in the other thread who said he's been to jail a few times.. you might want to skip Australia.. don't think they will let you in, even for a quick visit.

jdbtracker.. a 7970 would make someone $2.80 or so a day including cheap power... now maybe I am well off so its diff for me to understand... but unless the person is living in poverty what is doing $2.80/day going to do for them ?

haha, true

you might not be able to smoke for a while

jdbtracker

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:25:00 PM

saves me a few bucks, a little beer money for the weekend, gives me a chance to buy something worth about a hundred bucks each month. Not bad letting me get to my ultimate goal just one step at a time, that's all.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:47:07 PM

I see you will come to China. Welcome!  Smiley
When and which city will you come to?

Bejing is where I have been invited Smiley

surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:47:45 PM

Please tell us more about this solar powered ASIC you're bulding...
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:48:03 PM

OP kudos to you brother. I'm doing the same here in Canada, going on a Canada domination tour. going to be setting up people with whatever hardware they have to get them working asap.

my logic is that they can always sell the gpus and fpgas later.  consider it buy a 7970 for 400 Canadian at 700 mhash with overclocking, no video plugged in, 300 watt average/h x 24 x 30 x $.10/1kwatt = $21/month electric bill

$21/month electric bill for 120 dollars worth so 99 take home after 4 months you brake even then you keep going.

now if you sell it the average depreciation for a card like that is 2% per month so 400 - (6x2%) = sell at $350.00  you have lost

50 dollars buy in for the card and 126 in operational costs net profit for 6 months operation = $550.00

this is a perfect buy in time... the ASICs are ramping up $550.00 is a good amount of cash to buy one later on and start the hardware war.

but right now ASICs are very,... very hard to manufacture! do not forget that! it will be another 2 years before they are easily available and another 4 years before the companies have good foundries to take it down to 60nm.

I don't know about you but you must also consider that the foundries for AMD are already mature! they double in hashing efficiency every generation! the next 8000 series will be hashing at 1000mhash using the same wattage as the 7000 series... the 9000 series will double that!2000mhash for 400 dollars.

by the time the foundries for the asics are well established gpus will be competing with todays ASICs.  You gotta fund the future now while you still can.

and don't forget that you are trading not just a currency but in this early stage of Bitcoin... you are being paid in STOCK!!! with future value!

at it's maximum 400,000 transaction/day that the protocol allows now, that will mean a 10 fold increase in the price of Bitcoin in 2 years.

your investing... not truly earning once the currency stabilizes at a maximum 42 billion dollars worth of transactions per day then bitcoin mining will simply be a way to earn wages not stock like it does now.

so yeah, get those people working brother! anyway you can, they gotta be ready, trained, educated in fighting form. I want crack Bitcoin troops deployed world wide.

and don't forget that for someone in honduras...  that 550 dollar return after 6 months is = to 11,000 lempiras, the average wage is 1300 lempiras.

my cousin is already setup in Honduras, I sent him a killer card I got off of kijiji. he'll be earning a living while he studies down there for a meer 200 dollars off my wage. he's already got 2 bitcoins saved up.

I plan on going to Canada at some point too Smiley

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:50:06 PM

Please tell us more about this solar powered ASIC you're bulding...

It is not currently being built. We are getting boards, and chips and working on getting the chips "made". My friends dad does that kind of design work, so we'll have him do that, then send them off to get "made".

Then from there we will build them, then use mining funds to join groups buying solar panels, so we can get them cheaper. And we will start working on making a practical solar set up. Smiley

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:51:21 PM

not trying to be negative, but if your the guy in the other thread who said he's been to jail a few times.. you might want to skip Australia.. don't think they will let you in, even for a quick visit.

jdbtracker.. a 7970 would make someone $2.80 or so a day including cheap power... now maybe I am well off so its diff for me to understand... but unless the person is living in poverty what is doing $2.80/day going to do for them ?

I've never been arrested for a felony or anything. My stuff only shows up on computers in Texas.

jdbtracker

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:57:33 PM

agreed, if you can create the design and get a manufacturer on board, those solar panels can be quite cheap. Used to work for a company that designed custom made chips, we would create the designs in house then find a manufacturer to build the chips for us, in volume it is very cheap.

I figure the same is possible if  you outsource the work to a local solar panel manufacturer.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:09:32 PM

agreed, if you can create the design and get a manufacturer on board, those solar panels can be quite cheap. Used to work for a company that designed custom made chips, we would create the designs in house then find a manufacturer to build the chips for us, in volume it is very cheap.

I figure the same is possible if  you outsource the work to a local solar panel manufacturer.

Hopefully it gets cheaper over the next year, when we actually start purchasing panels Smiley

Also, forgot to mention. If you search the website for "solar power mining" there is an entire thread about it Smiley

surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:50:30 PM

Make sure you bring fiat and not just Bitcoins. That's been tried once before: http://www.geekwire.com/2011/bitcoin-befuddles-customs-agents-thwarting-seattle-visit-digital-currency-guru/

I would send Bitcoins to people in the other countries to pay them to prepare whatever I need before I get there Smiley

so did the fellow in that article, and he was still turned back..

Don't worry, I'll have everything worked out Smiley
I'm planning on getting border guards to WANT me to cross into their country Smiley

I'll give you friendly advice based on everything you posted lately on this forum - do not leave your house. Eventualy check the town. Seriously. The world will eat you alive.

This. Your plan is to go all Johnny Appleseed with hardware. How much cash do you have to through at this, exactly?
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:18:54 AM

I'll give you friendly advice based on everything you posted lately on this forum - do not leave your house. Eventualy check the town. Seriously. The world will eat you alive.

LOL

I've been traveling for the past 2 years for fun. LOL

That's hilarious that you said that. The world accepted me with open arms. Florida, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Mexico & California were all awesome.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 4357

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:32:57 AM

im just waiting for the sudden request for donations.

so far this week finshaggy has asked for $10k per person to make a bitcoin town, which within 24 hours turns out he now wants a bitcoin island.

he also accepts money for a cancer charity. which in actual fact is a weed farm offering types of weed extract that can cure cancer

next is a world tour. followed by making asics..

wow
the even more funny part. just one month ago he didnt even know what mining was

My friend got a machine to start mining litecoins...

I'm just wondering what mining even is... What do you "do"?

with all of these projects trying to talk people into giving him money he has certainly managed to rake up 1800 posts in under a month..

oh i almost forgot.. he wanted to make a jersey shore type of TV show but based on people that know and use bitcoin..
i hope finshaggys project he proposes tomorrow is as a comedian.. because he has given many people many laughs. he might aswell get paid for one project he is atleast 10% good at.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:38:37 AM

so far this week finshaggy has asked for $10k per person to make a bitcoin town, which within 24 hours turns out he now wants a bitcoin island.

he also accepts money for a cancer charity. which in actual fact is a weed farm offering types of weed extract that can cure cancer

wow

with all of these projects trying to talk people into giving him money he has certainly managed to rake up 1800 posts in under a month..

oh i almost forgot.. he wanted to make a jersey shore type of TV show but based on people that know and use bitcoin..
i hope finshaggys project he proposes tomorrow is as a comedian.. because he has given many people many laughs. he might aswell get paid for one project he is good at.

Hey, at least he's not a nihilist. You gotta admit - Atlas was much worse.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 4357

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:45:00 AM

wow

i hope finshaggys project he proposes tomorrow is as a comedian.. because he has given many people many laughs. he might aswell get paid for one project he is good at.

Hey, at least he's not a nihilist. You gotta admit - Atlas was much worse.

well he does live in a commune and thinks that laws do't apply to him for him to do what he wants without knowing the implications.. his utopian town/island for instance. so although he isn't shouting "we are all in the matrix, nothing is real" he is close

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: