Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:50:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential scam: Lake Banker, Lake BTC ICO  (Read 1170 times)
margana (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:01:50 PM

Sent an ether deposit that just disappeared into thin air.  They say they require 30 confirmations, which seems really high, but anyway the transaction has over 100 now.  No record of it, just disappeared into thin air.

https://lakebanker.com https://lakebtc.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
margana (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:19:21 PM

Showed up after 136 confirmations!
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1171

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:14:10 AM

You have invested an ICO, so you are doing some high risk gambling. Just because your payment has confirmed, doesn't mean that you will be able to cash out again so be very careful where you are investing your money.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
margana (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:17:01 AM

You have invested an ICO, so you are doing some high risk gambling. Just because your payment has confirmed, doesn't mean that you will be able to cash out again so be very careful where you are investing your money.

Absolutely good advice.  Just putting 10 or 20 EUR here or there for these highly speculative questionable things.  They did eventually confirm the deposit after ~130+ confirmations and said "sorry we're behind syncing ETH".  The account balance shows the tokens.  The tokens can supposedly be withdrawn in a couple of weeks.  I will post more if the tokens can't ultimately be withdrawn.  And yes I know these "tokens" are likely worthless, but you never know.
LakeBTC

Activity: 903
Merit: 1000

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 03:01:40 AM

LakeBTC is a well-established trading platform. We have been around since 2013. We are in the top 20 platforms in the world for Bitcoin trading volume. We have an exceptional reputation for reliability and security. We have never lost any of our user's money. Ever.

Of course, we would not risk the reputation of LakeBTC, by running a scam ICO. We are a very large business with very large revenues. It would be crazy to risk that just to raise a few million dollars in an ICO.

We are running the ICO because we believe in the LakeBanker Crowd-Banking system having tested it in Beta for 1.5 years. The token BAC is well-integrated into that system and this is likely to be reflected in its long term valuation by the market.

BAC tokens can be withdrawn from LakeBTC wallets shortly after the close of Phase 2 and before November 1st 2017

Further, trading for BAC tokens will be enabled on LakeBTC before November 1st 2017. How many other ICO's offer immediate liquidity for their tokens?.

It's utterly ridiculous that one of the largest, most secure and most reliable platforms in the history of Bitcoin is still being talked about in scam accusation threads. It really shows how many newbie's there are around here...

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
LakeBTC

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 03:07:42 AM

The Ethereum Sync. delay has now been fixed. Eth deposits should go through smoothly from this point forward.

Blockchain is new tech. These glitches happen from time to time. We have never lost anyone's money. Ever.

Almost all other platforms have had some issue with stolen coins, security scandals or flash crashes. Not us.

Better for the whole community if we all calm down and don't post scam accusations every time there is a minor glitch.

LakeBTC traded around $30,000,000 in the last 24 hours. You think we're gonna to run off with your 20 euros? 

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
LakeBTC

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 03:15:48 AM

Actually, in our case, he WILL be able to cash out----We are enabling trading for BAC tokens on our own exchange shortly after the close of the token sale.

How about doing some research on a project before you spread misleading information about it? Especially in a scam accusation thread.

Yes, there are a lot of scams out there right now. But there are lots of good projects too. How do you tell the difference? Do some research.

daibasen

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:55:43 AM

Your transaction took a little long to confirm, so before doing anything else you post a scam warning in a public forum? Stupid and irresponsible.
LakeBTC

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 06:21:29 AM

Your transaction took a little long to confirm, so before doing anything else you post a scam warning in a public forum? Stupid and irresponsible.

Right. This kind of thing is hurting the crypto community. It creates the perception that anything associated with crypto/ICO must be a scam.

LakeBTC is a massive business. And LakeBanker is a legit ICO. We have serious investors already on-board.

But we get posted in a scam thread because of a minor tech. glitch. Even legendary members are posting warnings about projects that they have done zero research on. It's a classic case of letting the bad guys ruin it for everyone. Do research. Then post.

margana (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:01:18 PM

"It's huge", "it's been around for a long time", "we have high revenues", etc., etc.

How did that work out for MTGOX customers?  Or Madoff investors for that matter?

Since Lake BTC, Lake Banker, etc. have so much money and revenue, why don't they fix their websites so that it doesn't look like something somebody threw together in in a half an hour with a cheap or free template?

Disappearing coins of any amount or coins taking forever to show up is a red flag. I do see now that they are apparently a high volume exchange, but who really knows what goes on inside the black box of any exchange. 

bitnautis

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:37:18 AM

I was from all those who had the bad luck or the stupidity to invest in this!
According to their initial ico rules , phase 2 was supposed to start in the middle of october and run for 15 days
Moreover BAC tokens was supposed to start trading in lakebtc exchange before 1st of November

However out of nowhere they decided to postpone their phase for July 2018!!!

https://lakebanker.com/blogs/11-phase-2-update

Of course they are not mentioning anything regarding what will happen with the funds of the investors , so my guess is they will remain frozen at least until July 2018!

In their slack channel few people that are participants there , their ask for a refund but best team is giving is  that "maybe" they will allow for BAC/ETH trading for a week!

If all this doesn't sound like scam , i don't know what else does!!!

Now a few questions

1) It's obvious that lakebanker team didn't honour their own terms , why they don't at least give their investrors the choice of refund ?
2) Had the investors know from the start that their money will be stucked for almost a year would they invest in this ?
3) Who can quarantee that even postponed phase2 will not be postponed again and again ?
4) They say that "maybe" they will allow for BAC/ETH trading for a week in lakeBTC , well can you imagine a potential buyer after all this ? even if they eventually allow trading wouldn't be obvious that price will tank  ?   90% -100% losses  would be a logiacal conclusion imo
5) Even if they allowed BAC/ETH trading  , guess what? ETH withdrawal is not currently available !!!! Nice one , what do you say?
So investors funds are stucked no matter what!

My advice for potential investors BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS , KEEP AWAY FROM LAKEBTC
My proposal to lakebankers phase 1 ico let's exchange opinions and search what choices including legal actions we have to take back our funds
turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:14:16 AM

"It's huge", "it's been around for a long time", "we have high revenues", etc., etc.

How did that work out for MTGOX customers?  Or Madoff investors for that matter?

Since Lake BTC, Lake Banker, etc. have so much money and revenue, why don't they fix their websites so that it doesn't look like something somebody threw together in in a half an hour with a cheap or free template?

Disappearing coins of any amount or coins taking forever to show up is a red flag. I do see now that they are apparently a high volume exchange, but who really knows what goes on inside the black box of any exchange. 

Looks like a scam to me! Avoid.
margana (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:57:45 PM

Unbelievable you can't even withdraw ETH.  Definite scam.
darkrise

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

Crypto Revo

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 01:03:56 AM

Looks like a scam to me! Avoid.

Its wierd how lakebtc never replied to this post, since october 31...

no comments regarding the postpone??

Open for Rent
Krysthl

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:55:46 PM

This really isnt looking good any more. I just sent them an email - so we will see if they reply. This website looks like crap- anyone would think the ICO was still going. I think my ether is gone...... Embarrassed
darkrise

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

Crypto Revo

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 05:46:07 AM

This really isnt looking good any more. I just sent them an email - so we will see if they reply. This website looks like crap- anyone would think the ICO was still going. I think my ether is gone...... Embarrassed

You never told us what they replied.

I have 150$ invested in that shit I hope they turn out to be real !

Open for Rent
bitnautis

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:44:23 AM

Really very strange all this! i can't really get it! 

1) LakeBTC is a top20 exchange in CMC just behind Gemini! How could they organise and participate in such a scam!!!
They still operate and they still have big volumes!

2) They are not answering to any questions from their investors

3) Like Krysthl said their website isn't updated and anyone would think the ICO was still going

4) They have our money  but don't care to answer what is happening with them, it's a big exchange behind this and still more or less noone knows or talk about it exept from us who lost our money
bitnautis

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:13:12 AM

To everyone of us who invested in this i urge you to write about that in websites , blogs , youtube... everywhere! Write to bitcointalk , reddit , telegram , twitter , make a video on youtube or even better write to big youtube influencers about this!
please make this as known as possible!
margana (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:17:11 AM

So it was a total scam after all. Not surprised.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: