Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Has bitcoin failed
YES - 2 (11.1%)
NO - 16 (88.9%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin HAS FAILED  (Read 216 times)
bjbear123 (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:42:13 PM

Failed at what? It's down to users to decide what it's going to be.

As a digital cash, in its present form absolutely unquestionably.

As a digital gold, let's see. I don't think that's started yet. Either way I am slightly shocked at how rapidly the expense to transact has risen but this current wave is also a very recent development too. A few short weeks ago it was borderline free to transact, but even if that returns it's too vulnerable to being gamed to depend on it.

In satochis original white paper, bitcoin was outlined as digital cash. It has failed at that. So bitcoin has failed its original purpose, and now needs developers to try and fix this, however they have not, not in 8 years.

BTC: 1Q3B9pr84adJJxBNmo3w3FaEWgcCjCSPTv | ETH: 0x1A053Df90E06f59fc7Aeb12F7a7Ea1f47FA53748 | LTC: LYUQYCy7S68Yry2qv3XRC7xx62GbHZEWhH | BCH: lol Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:44:00 PM

In satochis original white paper, bitcoin was outlined as digital cash. It has failed at that. So bitcoin has failed its original purpose, and now needs developers to try and fix this, however they have not, not in 8 years.

It may have started off as an idea for digital cash. These days it's a pure speculative money making machine. Satoshi sent it out into the world and this is what the world has decided it wants it to be. For better or worse Satoshi has no say over this.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:52:54 PM

Bitcoin has not failed yet. Did gold fail because of its high price of storage? No. We can't just abandon Bitcoin only because its transaction fees are high. We should focus on making Bitcoin cheaper in use. Transactions are expensive but we can't do anything if Bitcoin Core team still haven't implemented SegWit to their client. That's why many services don't use SegWit addresses. As far as I know, they claimed that the next update would be released somewhere around May.
Mazt rhiezt

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:56:08 PM

bitcoin does not fail but people who are slightly wrong in speculation even happen serious manipulation in the presence of some segwit.
patience in the long run should not make you anxious over the spin so fast, just calm down and see progress in one year and you will enjoy it.

██
▐█▄             ▄█▀
███    ▄██▄    ▄█▀ ██                          ██
███   ▄████   ▄█▀ ▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄
███  ▄█▀███  ▄█▀ ██▌ ▄██▀▄▀██▌ █▀  ▄█▀       ▄██▌ ▄██▀ ▀▄
███ ▄█▀▐███ ██▀ ██▌ ▐███▀ ▄█▀    ▄█▀        ▄██▌ ▄██   ▄▀
▐██▄█▀  █████▀ ▐██  ███  ▐██   ▄█▀          ██▀  ██▌  ▄▀
 ▀██▀   ▀██▀    ▀█  ▀█   ▀█  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀  ██ ▀█    ▀███▀

Every BTCit of Fun
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀████████▀▄
██▄▀██████▀▄██
▐███▌▐████▌▐███▌
██▀▄██████▄▀██
▀▄████████▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄█████████████████
        ███████████████████
       ██████████████████▀
      █████▀▀
     ████▀
    ████▀
   ████▀
  ████▀
 ████▀
████▀
████████░████████
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
███████▄░▄███████
███████████████

▀███████▀
▀▀▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
   BET NOW   
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:59:30 PM

You can choose for a very low transaction fee if you want! This fee will always be lower then SEPA / bankwire fee. But, you have to be patience cuz the transaction can take a while..

I tried a $12 fee, 41/sats and im unfconfirmed for a few days.

When i choose for (high) priority the receiver got in within 2 hours.. 2 weeks ago i did low-fee and took 8 days..

For a very long time how to make an order with a low priority, the transfer lasted 3 days ...
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 01:37:11 PM

Yeah bitcoin is really sucking about the fees and nobody is doing anything about it. I mean we are at the stage where bitcoin is most priceless stuff around the global market and still the fees are very high for it. I mean miners can really do the transaction confirmation very easily and still get profited from the previous so called normal fees. But no this is the greediness of these miners who set up the huge fees on the network and then in return we need to pay that forcefully. The force is there because they know very well if we set the fees low manually then our transaction takes forever to get confirmed. So according to me bitcoin has to achieve many things really and if it starts going somewhere then bitcoin can also achieve another milestones with huge market cap. This would be great to see happening lightening fast but with current speed and alerts it seems to me taking ages. Hope that scale up issue will be resolved in smart way sooner.  

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Tony_Nguyen

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:58:27 PM

Bitcoin has failed.

It costs up to $100 to send a small transaction, I find it hard to believe bitcoin hasn't dropped to $0 already. There will be a future crypto (I like Litecoin) but the future crypto is defiantly NOT Bitcoin. Its unreliable and is almost impossible to recover funds if they never confirm.

Im looking forward to bitcoin failing and something else taking over, im surprised im saying that as I hold a little bit of bitcoin, but I feel it has failed and nothing more than market hype and new comers are causing this price influx.

I would of course change my mind if the developers where actively doing something about this issue and keeping us informed, but it appears they are not. Lightning network has not been integrated, Segwit 1x is not used.

Despite us knowing bitcoin has scaling issues for years nothing has been done about it, and now it Is much cheaper and safer to send money via a bank transfer.

Yes, BTC has many disavantages in term of technical. However, it will be like a rare vintage and many people want to have it.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:03:44 PM

Bitcoin has failed.

It costs up to $100 to send a small transaction, I find it hard to believe bitcoin hasn't dropped to $0 already. There will be a future crypto (I like Litecoin) but the future crypto is defiantly NOT Bitcoin. Its unreliable and is almost impossible to recover funds if they never confirm.

Im looking forward to bitcoin failing and something else taking over, im surprised im saying that as I hold a little bit of bitcoin, but I feel it has failed and nothing more than market hype and new comers are causing this price influx.

I would of course change my mind if the developers where actively doing something about this issue and keeping us informed, but it appears they are not. Lightning network has not been integrated, Segwit 1x is not used.

Despite us knowing bitcoin has scaling issues for years nothing has been done about it, and now it Is much cheaper and safer to send money via a bank transfer.

Its so true that bitcoin transaction fees are also skyrocketing but that doesn't mean that bitcoin has failed since from the very start, we believe that bitcoin value would skyrocket and here it is now on. Just like what we expected that is why we should also expect that its fees would also get high.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: