Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:42:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burger King in cryptocurrency  (Read 2532 times)
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2296
Merit: 366

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:49:20 AM

Let us wait for this move to really take place. I wonder how much effect his would be to the sale and marketing of Burger King. Burger King has a name already so I think this would not matter too much really. But cryptocurrencies are really a trend in Russia. This might be the reason why BK Russia thought of joining the bandwagon. I hope this Whoppercoin transaction and confirmation will be fast, otherwise this fastfood might turn to slowfood.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:55:59 AM

I wish they would use it in every burger king chains and not only in Russia. But it is a nice idea and it might start the wide use of cryptos in food chains.
Kanapka

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:03:56 AM

Coin launched by a local brand of Burger King?

Why would it be worth more than their gift cards?
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 05:52:03 AM

I wish they would use it in every burger king chains and not only in Russia. But it is a nice idea and it might start the wide use of cryptos in food chains.

Thats a good idea and suggestion to Burger King Management. They have influence in fast food business and having several branches in whole world is a sure way to make bitcoin popular ad hoping other fast food chains or stores will follow.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:39:09 AM

Coin launched by a local brand of Burger King?

Why would it be worth more than their gift cards?

Right there, the correct set of questions.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Sarcasm

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:51:44 AM

Thats a good idea and suggestion to Burger King Management. They have influence in fast food business and having several branches in whole world is a sure way to make bitcoin popular ad hoping other fast food chains or stores will follow.
I agree if burger king is done in crytpocurrency, of course this is positive for bitcoin implementation in the real world next, hopefully there are many who will use bitcoin.
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:18:07 AM

Seems like just a pr stunt. Do people really like burger king so much that they'd be willing to get whoppercoins? I like a flame broiled burger every now and then, but pass on a whoppercoin

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
MissHope

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:59:02 AM

Why they just not started accepting Bitcoin or some other cryptocurrency? For what purpose do they need their own crypto?
nkarm1

Activity: 306

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:29:27 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 02:00:25 PM by nkarm1

Why they just not started accepting Bitcoin or some other cryptocurrency? For what purpose do they need their own crypto?

The purpose is, other crypto's might turn up to a scam. And bitcoin transaction is way too slowwwww.
If you are a costumer, the time consuming transaction might pissed you off. The food chain's idea is way too smart. They are genius.  Cheesy. If this project booms, they might hit two birds in one stone.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:18:36 AM

Oh man! this whoppercoin is for keeps. I have 5 whoppercoins in my wallet bought by my waves. Honestly, I do not care about its potential but all I care about is the free burgers.  Roll Eyes
Lol I may get some whoppercoin just for the lolz, my friends know that I’m into bitcoin wait until I tell them that I have a coin specialized to order burgers in Russia, they are going to have a big laugh with it, and then I am thinking about telling them how much I have won on the last months so I make them cry for not investing in bitcoin.
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:27:11 AM

Oh man! this whoppercoin is for keeps. I have 5 whoppercoins in my wallet bought by my waves. Honestly, I do not care about its potential but all I care about is the free burgers.  Roll Eyes
Lol I may get some whoppercoin just for the lolz, my friends know that I’m into bitcoin wait until I tell them that I have a coin specialized to order burgers in Russia, they are going to have a big laugh with it, and then I am thinking about telling them how much I have won on the last months so I make them cry for not investing in bitcoin.

The sad thing is that even if I will be credited with some whoppercoin in my waveswallet.io account and want for some free burgers, I am sure the Burger King branches here in my city are not accepting this whoppercoin for sure.  Grin If bitcoin is not even accepted by leading hotels and restaurants because BTC is almost unknown to the majority, how much more to whoppercoin.  Sad

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2926
Merit: 597

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:32:50 AM

Whopper for burger lovers <3 I will get some of these soon. I don't care if it's only available at Russia but there's a future on this thing, it's like some sort of promo/gift cards from department stores. The technical / marketing team of Burger King Russia loves to get into crypto currency and that's possible, I don't know if there's some agenda's on this or just for company's purposes.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
HomeToken

Activity: 126

HomeToken - Tokenized Real Estate Fund

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 03:53:22 AM

This is such a fun project and great news for WAVES!

MissHope

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:08:09 AM

The purpose is, other crypto's might turn up to a scam. And bitcoin transaction is way too slowwwww.
If you are a costumer, the time consuming transaction might pissed you off. The food chain's idea is way too smart. They are genius.  Cheesy. If this project booms, they might hit two birds in one stone.

I didn't look at this news in this way. May be you are right. But do you really think that a lot of people would invest in whoppercoin?
leea-1334

Activity: 2226
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:13:46 AM

Yes, please, let us all just have a bit of fun. We are allowed to, right? So WAVES created all these whoppercoins,,, and if you buy them to buy a burger in Russia, will it be cheaper than buying it OTC at whopper for fiat? Does anyone know? I smell a business proposal here if it is somehow cheaper hehe. Maybe whales can dump Whoppercoin and buy back cheap if they want cheap meals.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:21:35 AM

This is a new path in the marketing world that involves cryptocurrency. The possibilities are quite large. I see many are interested about this.
Flodemaga

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:39:18 PM

This behaviour is already used by others companies at others business model, some gas station give you points wich will bring you some discounts without having to pay anything extra for those. Sure its a good step and took by a big corporation as Burger King that is present worlwide, hope others companies do something similiar, but well maybe current royalty programs can improve and became a crypto coin as well.
rizkyaza

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:19:02 AM

hope this can motivate others in order to follow burger king like mcdonals, cfc, starbucks that if can accept payment using bitcoin will also be crowded i think so

▬▬▬▬▬  Goal Bonanza ◆ Football Betting Revolution  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █         [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [Slack] [ANN Thread]         █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN PRE-SALE ▶ Oct 1, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:01:34 AM

This is such a fun project and great news for WAVES!

It's not even a real coin but a shitcoin on an ICO scam "platform"  Cheesy

I lost all respect for BK.
If they looked at this shit and thought hmm yeah lets make a coin.. then they are fucked in the head big time.

But i bet the Russian franchise holder didn't get permission though.

FUD first & ask questions later™
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:47:10 AM

Yes, please, let us all just have a bit of fun. We are allowed to, right? So WAVES created all these whoppercoins,,, and if you buy them to buy a burger in Russia, will it be cheaper than buying it OTC at whopper for fiat? Does anyone know? I smell a business proposal here if it is somehow cheaper hehe. Maybe whales can dump Whoppercoin and buy back cheap if they want cheap meals.
Arbitrage opportunities with whoppercoin? This is getting hilarious, if buying with the whoppercoin is cheaper then you can resell them for a small profit to all of those that want to order burgers in Russia, I’m sure someone is going to try to make some cash that way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: