Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:27:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as salary for a regular job?  (Read 14425 times)
David Hoggs

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:37:50 PM

No, it is not a good idea as it price is unstable so and keeps changing. It is not yet even legalized at many of the places of the world, Salary we get is our hard work we do at our office to which we get paid and if it will be in bitcoins if my change in an hour so what if it goes down... It will be loss. I think only big risk takers can accept it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wilwxk

Activity: 476
Merit: 314

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:38:24 PM

In this momment, if my boss ask me for receive my salary in bitcoins, i will deny, because the price of bitcoiin its not stable, and if i cannot have stability in my finance , i cnnot have stability in my life.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:40:35 PM

Yes I could but it depends on the job as well if it'll be a job outside the country but if in my country I'm still hesitant about receiving bitcoin as my salary. I know someone who is working home based and her boss asked her if she would want to earn bitcoin instead if USD. She tried it for a while and realized it was not for her and returned back to receiving USD as her salary instead of bitcoin but she gets bitcoins as her bonus sometimes.
kingragnar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:47:27 PM

for me I would not allow my salary to be bitcoin. Because it is not stable its price it sometimes rises and sometimes its price drops in the market place. So it does not deserve to be paid for your regular job. And if it there will be many complainants because the price of wages is not stable. It may even cause the loss of bitcoin or the price drops further. I just think.
hyet24

Activity: 166

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:48:54 PM

yeah i would get it.  i work under the table.  not a 9 to 5 job that gets a single check every 2 weeks.  its very annoying to get few checks (i drive to the person to get it) and cash it out.  i rather get paid by bitcoin than get few checks every week.

i don't really spend once i get it anyway.  so it doesn't bother me if it goes down as much as 50%.
argamemnon

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 01:50:19 PM

not a good idea now due to volatility. when volatiliy is not an issue then perhaps. time will tell
Spinbackup

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

SPIN ICO starts November 7, 2017

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 01:50:51 PM

Everything depends on the local legislation - if you don't get any problems with the taxes department, it would be a good investment because the exchange became much easier and more comfortable.

Crytpozer0

Activity: 148

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:51:05 PM

If the salaray was way above fiat I would surely get paid in btc, but not certain because its also risky since bitcoin is so volatile that your paid salary can be worth way less if not anytjing worth the next week or so

xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 01:52:41 PM

In my opinion, it is a great idea to use bitcoin as a salary for a regular job because in that strategy we can make bitcoin famous because a lot of employee that are not aware of bitcoin will discover it and they will know the possibilities of bitcoin and that will make them a bitcoin user and they can use bitcoin in different places like for paying items online and so on, so it is a great idea for the employees to receive bitcoin as a salary.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:55:45 PM

Would you accept bitcoin as your salary in your profession, especially if you work in other country?

For me yes I will accept bitcoin because we can exchange it in our local currency.

I would definitely accept bitcoin as my salary. I will consider my salary as in a way an investment option. If i  decide to hold on to my salary which is made in bitcoins, for a period of six months, its having alternatives of increasing or decreasing. I might even consider investing in altcoins if have benefited from just holding. This is actually quite a great opportunity.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:02:02 PM

the risks are too high if I received a salary with bitcoin, because the price is fluctuations. If the price increase probably I'm very happy, but when I received a salary and the price fall it's a risk. so if I work me better received in the form of fiat.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
rodskee

Activity: 2324
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:04:05 PM

Would you accept bitcoin as your salary in your profession, especially if you work in other country?

For me yes I will accept bitcoin because we can exchange it in our local currency.

yes i accept bitcoin as my salary not only the reason to convert in local currency, because bitcoin is also good saving than local currency, bitcoin keep increasing the price for the long time hold and save the bitcoin you earn more profit.

Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 152

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:09:02 PM

I will defenitely accept it. I'm awared that its value is continuously increasing as time passes by. Its rate of increase is way higher than the interest in Banks. Also, the charges on transaction costs less. And I may use my wealth as I like. My plan if I'll be able to earn Bitcoin from my profession is to hold it as an asset for a long period of time to have something to use in times of emergency and for profit purposes since by just holding it, its value as well as the profit is increasing.

oaz7t

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:10:48 PM

I don't think it will be comfortable.  Because bitcoin prices are fluctuating.  It is not constant.  So its not possible to calculate your salary every time n convert it in bitcoin.  Bitcoin is good to earn money as a extra source.  
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:12:47 PM

There's no bad on accepting bitcoin as salary on profession but there is also bad things because how about if your country don't accept bitcoin as payments and they ban bitcoin exchangers in your country? It is now hard and difficult to transact through bitcoin right? So, as of today in my own opinion it is better that bitcoin build it's legalities before everything. I'm not saying that it is totally illegal but it is much better that bitcoin will become known to all government officials, citizens and etc. Because as now bitcoin is not yet totally knowable.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1512
Merit: 351

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 02:28:22 PM

Yes of course because I am more comfortable in Bitcoin than fiat money. I can save bitcoin and hold it until the price goes very high. It is a good investment since it is very volatile. Price may go up in seconds and can be converted to altcoins for better investment. Fiat money is so stable that is why it is only good for everyday use like buying goods and other everyday needs such as food, clothes and payment for bills. I hope that one day employers will have to ask their workers about choosing which payment they are going to give us like a fiat money or Bitcoin. As what you said we can exchange it in our local currency and I know that it is good opportunity and advantage for us enthusiasts. It could be possible but the question is where and when? Grin

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Zuilhsa

Activity: 296

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:35:29 PM

I don't prefer getting bitcoin as my salary, the reason behind that is I am carrying out all my expenses from my salary and a little part of my salary is made as saving. So if bitcoin price goes low for a particular month I have to suffer I can't withstand within my budget, if some extra earning is in the form of bitcoin means I will accept because I can save it for future so when price rises it will benefit me.

saekotye07

Activity: 305

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:35:34 PM

for me its better to have a job either there's a bitcoin actually i have a work and i love to do my job because of that i can actually show my talent and communication to other people..

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:36:40 PM

Yeah it would be a great choice to make living out of bitcoin but I would prefer bitcoins as an investment rather than making a living out of it.
geyayy

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:40:28 PM

No, I wont because bitcoin's price is not stable enough. What if it suddenly falls, so my salary will be lower than what I expect it would be. Bitcoin for me is just an investment and I really don't think it can be the salary in my profession.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: