Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:23:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The panic seller irony  (Read 5676 times)
thebosskid

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:56:10 AM

Panic selling is never worth it anyways because people can lose a lot through panic selling i do not understand why people invest and have patience and then panic sell everything just because it is down for just a couple of hours.
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 621

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:16:22 AM

Panic selling is never worth it anyways because people can lose a lot through panic selling i do not understand why people invest and have patience and then panic sell everything just because it is down for just a couple of hours.
Sometimes it's good to panic sell but it's not worth if you'll going to do it with bitcoin. This can be applicable to those alt coins that are going to be dead anytime.

This is something that's very normal in the world of cryptocurrency. When traders are seeing some alt coins that are pumping  they'll convert their funds for it.

And if they see their coins are dumping, they'll mostly going to cut their losses.

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:58:08 AM

Hi,

Actually, your behaviour regardng buyinig and selling highly depends on what you mean to do with bitcoin. If the goal is short-term profit, then panic selling is completely understandable.

Otherwise, it is not so appropriate, indeed.

As for complaints about big buyers and who's got the power.. Well, I think it is no use to complain at all...

Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 363

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:10:54 AM

Hi,

Actually, your behaviour regardng buyinig and selling highly depends on what you mean to do with bitcoin. If the goal is short-term profit, then panic selling is completely understandable.

As for complaints about big buyers and who's got the power.. Well, I think it is no use to complain at all...

Yes, whales have the power no question about it. They may be doing fraudulent acts by trying to control the market, but we can't complain. They have the power. As for panic selling, if you are into it for the long haul then why panic sells? You will just lose substantial profit. Not really recommended.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:18:49 AM

Hi,

Yes, whales have the power no question about it. They may be doing fraudulent acts by trying to control the market, but we can't complain. They have the power. As for panic selling, if you are into it for the long haul then why panic sells? You will just lose substantial profit. Not really recommended.

Panic selling is really not good because you will lose the potential of a higher profit. It will leave you nothing but regret at the end unless you sold it for emergency purposes like for payment for a hospital bill which is very understandable. Selling your btc must not be covered by emotions in order to gain higher profit. It should be sold through good analytical skills.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:44:57 AM

Panic selling is really not good because you will lose the potential of a higher profit. It will leave you nothing but regret at the end unless you sold it for emergency purposes like for payment for a hospital bill which is very understandable. Selling your btc must not be covered by emotions in order to gain higher profit. It should be sold through good analytical skills.

I think panic selling is one of the reasons the Wall Street investors will love about bitcoin, because they know what they are doing, and they will take advantage from all the users that are trying to trade, but simple lack do knowledge and the ability to control their emotions. I don't even know why most people feel the need to trade bitcoin. Right now buying and holding is simply the best option for most of us. It's just a mistake to short bitcoin in these days. If you want to win at this, just buy bitcoin on every dip it has because it will just come out stronger.

There is a huge advantage bitcoin has over all the other coins. It's doing the right path. It's establishing itself as an asset, this will bring liquidity into the market and more stability, and then it will be able to establish itself as a payment method. Most other coins, including bcash, are trying to become a payment method first. Who will trust a payment method that doesn't have enough liquidity?

People must really understand this, be patient and stop panic selling, because they will regret it.

slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:42:39 PM

of course as their amateurs panicked when prices began to fall drastically they immediately sold it, just as the price went up they immediately sold it and a few days later they regret it because its price is still going up. That's the price that must be paid for the inexperienced.
gledek

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:22:06 AM

The lack of understanding of bitcoin markets makes many people panic. in every price decline will rise in price, from price increases will occur again price increases. so do not panic
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:57:37 AM

I couldn't agree more, Panic selling will just add to the dump, then the Whales are taking advantage of the dump, buying as much Bitcoin as they can. Moral of the story, be patient, HOLD.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:35:41 PM

I liked your approach really. whenever we panic and sell our btc. whales are collecting those bitcoins and continue on manipulating all the market. it is so pity to allow this shit. they are pushing us to sell and they are collecting more and more pushing us.
Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:22:07 PM

Good points right there and I agree. I guess that will stem down with the fact that these panic sellers don't read enough to learn how to balance out their their "panic" and sell due to it. They have not enough experience to check out past trends and gauge/predict whether to hold or to sell. But like you've said, they're casuals so it's just right to expect casuals being casuals. Probably you would consider it your civic duty to educate these people, yes? Seriously though, you're also right in pointing out that panic selling will have adverse effects on the crypto economy and more importantly, who has them.
Scallywag

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:51:03 AM

I think panic selling is one of the reasons the Wall Street investors will love about bitcoin, because they know what they are doing, and they will take advantage from all the users that are trying to trade, but simple lack do knowledge and the ability to control their emotions. I don't even know why most people feel the need to trade bitcoin. Right now buying and holding is simply the best option for most of us. It's just a mistake to short bitcoin in these days. If you want to win at this, just buy bitcoin on every dip it has because it will just come out stronger.

There is a huge advantage bitcoin has over all the other coins. It's doing the right path. It's establishing itself as an asset, this will bring liquidity into the market and more stability, and then it will be able to establish itself as a payment method. Most other coins, including bcash, are trying to become a payment method first. Who will trust a payment method that doesn't have enough liquidity?

People must really understand this, be patient and stop panic selling, because they will regret it.
i agree with a lot of points , but when people see bitcoin just as an asset like you say. how will you change their view when it becomes a payment method , because i feel like a lot of people don't want to spend bitcoin when the price can go x5 easily in a short amount of time.
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:16:46 AM

I liked your approach really. whenever we panic and sell our btc. whales are collecting those bitcoins and continue on manipulating all the market. it is so pity to allow this shit. they are pushing us to sell and they are collecting more and more pushing us.
So as much as possible don't panic, heres the point they just want us to sell for them to take advantage of our weakness and they will benefit after, why panic when you see how bitcoin moves last year can still happen this year.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:20:33 AM

I think almost every trader thinks they are patient but what happens is different than expected. when the market situation is very chaotic and make the price continue to decline. especially if they have bitcoin deposits with a large amount of course they will be a little anxious. but when the market conditions continue to deteriorate I'm sure many traders will surely panic. sometimes patience will be defeated by a very bad situation
cyberkuto

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:36:09 AM

I know some coworkers that sold BTC today, they are real casuals, they got into BTC because they heard it went up a lot, they don't know even to set a local wallet so they store their coins on Coinbase or wherever the fuck they buy at.

Well, they sold today at at the dip near the $4000 double bottom.

The irony is, these casuals are the ones that are always complaining about how it's unfair that BTC is distributed in the hands of few whales, YET, they are the ones that constantly panicsell and give their cheap BTC back to these same hands they are complaining about, because guess who is profiting the most on these dumps: whales. They buy lots of cheap BTC.

If you want whales to stop having so much BTC, don't panic sell or you will keep feeding them. Just focus on your own portfolio and keep stacking BTC on the dips. In the long term, we will win.

Those people who sells a lot and panic are having a hard time to be successful in bitcoin, Actually,  you should be happy when the value goes down,  without being said,  you can get a cheaper price bitcoin. Then once you have it,  it's time to invest the money,  no matter what,  even it's down or it goes up, you should need to make it as your forget money.  So after couple years,  you have something to rely on. 
zhangxie29152784

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 01:38:41 AM

I know some coworkers that sold BTC today, they are real casuals, they got into BTC because they heard it went up a lot, they don't know even to set a local wallet so they store their coins on Coinbase or wherever the fuck they buy at.

The irony is, these casuals are the ones that are always complaining about how it's unfair that BTC is distributed in the hands of few whales, YET, they are the ones that constantly panicsell and give their cheap BTC back to these same hands they are complaining about, because guess who is profiting the most on these dumps: whales. They buy lots of cheap BTC.

If you want whales to stop having so much BTC, don't panic sell or you will keep feeding them. Just focus on your own portfolio and keep stacking BTC on the dips. In the long term, we will win.

People all over the world do stupid things all the time because everyone wants to make money easily. In particular, they don't know what bitcoin is, or they don't even know how to set up a local wallet.

Those of you who are panicking about selling bitcoins, you're not fit to invest in bitcoins.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:55:44 AM

Sadly this is true, some small funded individuals who have no idea what they create when they panic sell, this shows that bitcoin is delegated to small portions and represented by this groups of individuals that somehow make a big turnouts if they think all the same, that is why some big whales that has a large portions of the total share earm more,  but the truth is, if the quantity of these small funded individual be put together, they can deflect what the whales are trying to insinuate as far as the market price is concern, so what we must do is to unite and HODL for bitcoin to gain momentum. 

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:02:02 AM

That is really the real problem of those who make panic selling. They lose some bitcoin and at the same time, they will miss their missing, which is bitcoin will be on top again soon. At this point today, we just experience a lot of panic sellers today so that bitcoin price is dropping still. But I know that bitcoin will recover again and when that time comes, most of us will be able to gain profit again.
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1246
Merit: 102

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:44:23 AM

So as much as possible don't panic, heres the point they just want us to sell for them to take advantage of our weakness and they will benefit after, why panic when you see how bitcoin moves last year can still happen this year.
I think it's because a lot of negative news about bitcoin. because of many people are afraid,so fud happened, then resulting btc price decline. and we as small financiers are very disadvantaged

Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:41:08 AM

That is true! There will be no buying happen if there are no sellers. So small whales must keep this in mind. It is not right to blame others or the buyers. So for us to gain profit, we must have our strategies and do not panic.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: