Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:35:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BTCZ] BitcoinZ - Low Fees, 100% Community, POW-Equihash No-Premine No-Tax  (Read 343622 times)
BadAstroZA

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 11:35:02 PM

Awesome! Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Appreciate you taking the time.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Justiciero

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:00:07 AM

Send BTCZ donation.

Good luck and thanks for the work.
sergii87

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:11:18 AM

After reading last few pages - it seems to me that 90% of the comments are sponsored.

I am not a hater, but I don't understand why would I use BTCZ instead of BTC?
crypt0r3x

Activity: 287

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 12:23:48 AM

A BIT OF CLARIFICATION

Hello fellow BTCZ Community.  I would like to clarify the questions surrounding the voting system in the Community Paper (whitepaper). 

In the paper, the voting system was purposely described with a degree of generality.  The reason being, we encourage the proposer to determine the voting system for their particular proposal. We also didn't suggest any particular platforms to use, but it was written in a way to impose on the proposer the use of a fair system that, for example, eliminates dupes via IP, cookies, or whatever else exists in our abundant technology world.  It was further intended to communicate that the community, for example, would decide if the platform itself is indeed known to produce fair voting results.  Again, it is not the intention to confine the proposer to a voting system written in the paper, that's why none was suggested. 

This is the nature of decentralization, not to confine anyone to what the 'dev team' says, or what the paper says you must use as a voting platform.  The only intention is to keep everything fair, and to protect the BitcoinZ blockchain, the BitcoinZ community, and future holders of BitcoinZ for many many years to come.

In the coming days we will be updating the Community Paper. It's already dated due to the fast pace that we've been moving.  Also, there will be clarification based on all of the questions and feedback we've been receiving.  This is only meant to make sure the community continues to understand the vision of fairness and freedom of BitcoinZ. 

-cryptorex

BTCZ Address Sharelink: https://btcz.me/cryptorex
BTCZ Send via TXT/SMS Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeGX36c24i0
BTCZ TXT/SMS Codebase: https://github.com/bitcoinz-wallets/TxtZ

realhellomoto
Copper Member

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:54:16 AM

After reading last few pages - it seems to me that 90% of the comments are sponsored.

https://medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/why-does-bitcoin-have-ridiculously-high-fees-and-slow-confirmations-e3fd58258a6d
BadAstroZA

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 02:56:04 AM

I just waited 32 hours this weekend trying to transfer some BTC. I used the maximum fees option possible from my nano ledger s, but still. Bitcoin is great as the gold standard, but can't handle mass adoption and high transfer volume.

At its peak there were over 50,000 unconfirmed transactions yesterday.
wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:11:29 AM

I'm torn in regards to this coin. I mined a few hundred thousand but am reluctant to continue. I really hate the fact that "Bitcoin" is part of the name. That in itself will turn down many investors. We'll see I guess. I'll hold what I got and keep an eye on the coin. Community seems to be active. Will give it some time.

I like crypto
Espacee

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:33:02 AM

CMC seems add BTCZ on their list :

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoinz/#markets

Stealth8368

Activity: 347
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:31:55 AM

I just waited 32 hours this weekend trying to transfer some BTC. I used the maximum fees option possible from my nano ledger s, but still. Bitcoin is great as the gold standard, but can't handle mass adoption and high transfer volume.

At its peak there were over 50,000 unconfirmed transactions yesterday.
yeh I am having similar problems with sending bitcoin from Nano S to exchange,over 24 hours unconfirmed which really is a problem when trying to trade,Bitcoin is good as a way of storing value but in its current form is useless at anything else.
Stealth8368

Activity: 347
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:40:31 AM

Posted By Realhellomoto,

BitcoinZ is a bitcoin compatible cryptocurrency = its based off bitcoin which zcash is based off, and its compatible with many things like all the remote procedure calls (RPC) to the coinbase daemon (zcashd) and deterministic wallets, its a bit different if you go technical as it has 22 byte addresses instead of 21 bytes. The address starts with t1, which perhaps someone could disagree with and say it would be better to change it to b2, and that could be Proposed and voted on etc.

Additionally, it enables the portability and compatibility with BitcoinZ and other cryptocurrency blockchains. = It refers to the line above it which is talking about BitcoinZ can be mined with only GPU and shares similarities with other cryptocurrency blockchains.

To be frank and honest and to answer the question of WHY IS THIS DIFFERENT?! = Its yet to be seen, but it has been told. Bitcoin, and most to all crypto currencies have a dev team, and a corporation like setup with managers etc and they pay the employees and the coin is ran in this fashion. The DIFFERENCE is that BitcoinZ is completely decentralized. Which makes it much different than many coins/tokens/chains. Do not be surprised if we see many websites and no centralized website.

Maybe we can find out what it is by knowing what it is not?

1. It it not made for a certain purpose like 'selling gaming tokens'.
2. It does not have a developers fee.

What does it have?

1. It swaps a unit of value backed by Proof of Work, the miners work. All that energy that took place to mine the block.
2. Decentralization, no one monarchy which controls the coin and makes the decisions. Looking at the roadmap we can see that there will be a system implemented for proposal voting and thats going to give direction to the chain. In this proposal system it perhaps will have how donated funds will be managed; as donations in BTCZ are already flowing in.
3. An active community.

What secret weapon does this coin have? For example z_address isn't new. Wallets for all platforms isn't new.

None of it is new, but the secret weapon is how it will be implemented. We have yet to see this.
I know that I and some other developers are working on making it possible to exchange BTCZ to all other top altcoins directly from the wallet by inputting the address or scanning a QR code of other currencies. Now this is some work. Its not a secret weapon, because you could login to an exchange, deposit, sell and withdrawal. But in this way it will all be automatic and user friendly. I believe that most people want crypto to be safe, fun, mine-able, and easy to use. The real direction I believe is for new comers to crypto because there will be a huge wave in the coming years and BitcoinZ is paving the path. As Bitcoin is being ripped down by new forks. BitcoinZ will build up a decentralized coin, free of all the entities that Bitcoin made itself hostage of. When you think of BitcoinZ think of 'decentralized' but REALLY decentralized. Make sure its decentralized. Its not 'decentralized' because someone said it was decentralized. Make sure that the development is coming from many groups in many nations, independent of each other but united on working together on the BitcoinZ blockchain.

-hellomoto
[/quote] Great read and informative,thanks for taking the time to explain BitcoinZ vision.
madex

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:21:10 PM

great news
still mining btcz
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:38:28 PM

Let's see what will come of it. As long as we can mend))))
william1980

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:40:57 PM

Hello Dev

Good luck for your project .

Closely watching the progress !!! Cheers

Awesome! Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Appreciate you taking the time.
caikox

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:47:13 PM

I like that the coin will be fully decentralized and will have voting system to decide the road of the chain. As mentioned on some of the previous posts, i also hate that has "bitcoin" on it's name.  I hope total re-brand and some marketing investments will be done in future with the donations.
Will keep mine it for now.
Ben.Lock

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:49:46 PM

Hi,
Interesting project!
I closely read all of this thread and it looks very professional team!

Good luck

Lendoit ▮ P2P Cross Border Lending ▮ Lendoit
All You Need Is Loan
▬▬▬▬▬[TGE on December 2017]▬▬▬▬▬
bitcoinz-pod (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:44:17 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 07:32:45 PM by bitcoinz-pod

Please not force anyone for donation. Such behavior maybe treated as rude. Ask yourself how you can help - trade / mine / help dev teams / promote BitcoinZ

Update on decentralized development as we have a lot of questions.

bitcoinz-pod/bitcoinz Linux client policy is strict:
- protect investors, core blockchain and history (immutability). All holders are protected. If you run current software in many years you should be able to transfer your coins.
- add frequent checkpoints to prevent history change attacks
- follow zcash changes to include latest updates / security fixes. New version of zcash may be merged after some time when it will be stable live in production environment. Security fixes should be merged as soon as possible.
- no changes are planned to mislead investors, pool operators and exchanges like changes in coin name / ticker / address convention / reward algorithm
- no algorithm change: always POW. No master nodes, no secure nodes, no POS. We are ASIC resistant but in the feature algo may change to protect this concept.
- bitcoinz has stable zcash core and all should agree to current stage. We have the best stable anonymous technology in the market and ASIC resistant algorithm.
- any voting system may suggest changes and not force any changes
- each development pod is independent and has its own leaders

Alternative clients which are compatible with current blockchain are welcome, but they should convince community to use their  clients.
Windows client is example if alternative implementation. It is not based on latest zcash version. We need help to update windows version to latest stable zcash. It is compatible with current blockchain.
Other forks / team / pods may include masternodes feature as it not break blockchain consensus rule but in this case you should convince some pool / miners to switch to your client which will have less reward for miners.

Sensitive data programs like wallets should provide free open source code and sha256 to their releases to be able to review their wallets by other teams / pods. It not recommended to use any wallet which hasn't been reviewed by other team. Software without any confirmations should be treated as red flag and not used.

The most  secure software is included in bitcoinz-pod/bitcoinz linux client.

BitcoinZ - In Decentralization We Trust
crypto5

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:00:13 PM

how many btcz you need to start mining ?
DottzPG

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:24:25 PM

Nice
BadAstroZA

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 08:38:44 PM

Do some projects pay people to post in threads or create accounts to post in threads to give the illusion of activity and interest?

Anyway, thirding that the name including "Bitcoin" is not going to do this coin any favours in the long run. Renaming and rebranding in a month or two will be a good thing.
e4f4

Activity: 208

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:50:36 PM

Do some projects pay people to post in threads or create accounts to post in threads to give the illusion of activity and interest?

Anyway, thirding that the name including "Bitcoin" is not going to do this coin any favours in the long run. Renaming and rebranding in a month or two will be a good thing.

No problem with BitcoinZ name. Catchy.

About illusion of activity and interest. Not needed. I post here everyday something.

Bitcoin legacy, Doge fun and private transactions. Check out BitcoinZ... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2166510.0

Missed Bitcoin in 2009? Find out more about IOTA...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 324 »
  Print  

Jump to: