Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:58:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW BTC LOTTERY (6/24/2011) 0.1 BTC BUYS 1 TICKET  (Read 864 times)
bitbobby (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:36:32 PM

Now that mining is not profitable for me I wanted to keep BTC relevant (and fun) in some way. I've decided I will administer a Daily Lottery and pay out Daily Grand Prizes. 0.1 BTC buys a ticket (no limit on the number of tickets per user), and a winner will be selected via random number generator and receive a Grand Prize pay out. These tickets are very cheap in order to lessen the risk as much as possible for you since this is new. In this way we can build credibility and if this works out well I will conduct this long term in a professional manner. Details below:

Buying a ticket
-Cost per ticket: 0.1 BTC
-Purchase address: 139PFXe84juvP4BozG6AZuREjCK96ap2Hu
-Once sent, you will automatically be entered to win the grand prize.

Entry notes
-For now, grand prize drawing times will be randomly at the end of the EST day, or at least based on volume.
-The grand prize will be announced prior to picking a winner.
-If tickets are purchased after lottery has been closed for the day, your ticket will be applied to the next drawing.

Prize distribution
-Grand prize winner will be paid in BTC through their original sender's address.
-For now there will be no administration fees taken out of the prize pool. If this gets popular enough from the daily drawings we will announce a % fee.
-Winners are encouraged to announce their winnings here to build credibility!
-If it becomes necessary to prove winning pay out we will publicly announce the winner's bitcoin address. If this concerns you, please purchase your lottery tickets using a different address.

The Lotto is now open, and the first grand prize winner will be picked tonight!

Thank you and GOOD LUCK!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 09:42:37 PM

-Grand prize winner will be paid in BTC through their original sender's address.
-If it becomes necessary to prove winning pay out we will publicly announce the winner's bitcoin address. If this concerns you, please purchase your lottery tickets using a different address.
I don't get that part. Are you saying you are going to have a different address they can secretly send to? That will make jackpot amounts impossible to verify.

How are you giving out the "tickets" and picking the winner?
Making it so you can just "pick" a random number makes it impossible to know if you are just getting a "random" number that will allow one of your own tickets to win every time!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
bitbobby (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:17:31 AM

Well, this hasn't picked up any interest anyway. I figured it would be a fun thing to admin. But I consider this cancelled at the moment.

I was stating that the grand prize would be returned to the original address the winner used to buy the ticket.

I had planned to enter each address (* number of tickets per person) to a pool using a basic random number generator to choose the winner. Most likely by random.org data.

I had no intention of holding any stake in winning the lotto.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: