Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:33:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I convert my BCH to BTC?  (Read 3251 times)
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:11:14 PM

I think that during a fork the bitcoin will be transferred to the BCH then the price will go up, and then sell on everything. Them certainly better than bitcoin.

High risk high payoff
bassong

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:50:53 PM

why u need convert this. bch is just an airdrop u dont loss nothing so u can keep it and wait 1-2 year. maybe it can over bitcoin

Well said, holding is the better option, It is free after-all, nothing lost if it tanks. however, If you don't plan to hold it, you can send it immediately to an exchange, possibly in different sets of transactions to protect your privacy.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:52:43 AM

I also thought about this problem when I got the Bictoin cash from the hardfork. I converted a portion of it, as I am not very bullish on BCH, for the longer terms I will only hold BTC
It’s is nice move of you converted our bitcoin cash to bitcoins because we all know it is just like other altcoins who are struggling to attract large number of investors. Bitcoins are so far the best option for long term investments since they are not easily destroyable like other assets. 
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:05:11 PM

I think BCH has some competitive advantages over BTC, such as faster blocks
I'd stick with BCH if I were you
Faster blocks? I was under the impression that bitcoin cash was nothing more than bitcoin without segwit and with 8MB blocks, can you give a link to that info? Or did you meant faster confirmations? Because in theory bigger blocks will give faster confirmations and cheaper as well, but the reason the devs of core were so against it is that will destroy the incentive to run nodes.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:25:13 PM

Yep, I got some BCH from the fork as a lot of hodler out there and I'm not sure what would the best thing to do with it (in term of long term return of investement).

I would like to hear the opinion of a few experienced traders on this before making my mind.

If yes, what would be the best way to do this?

Thanks!

BCH is a failed project as it isn´t delivering anything truly inovative over BTC. So people will play around with it and will dump it over time. I dumped mine for BTC and diversified a little to other coins.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:35:07 PM

I will wait until the BTC price falls and trade it with BTC, because I still doubt BCH, anyway you get it for free and who knows you can earn profit by playing safely. BCH could just be a place of speculators and will be left behind by users then get crushed by Bitcoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:54:10 PM

I think no because BCH is altcoin is distributed free to users and we will be very difficult to predict this market. For me to invest as many BTC as possible as it will guarantee you good and long term profit

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Colt22

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:16:29 PM

I think no because BCH is altcoin is distributed free to users and we will be very difficult to predict this market. For me to invest as many BTC as possible as it will guarantee you good and long term profit
I have a little different opinion in this matter. We all know that bitcoin has the most potential and those who own this digital currency does make huge profits in little time. The earlier someone gets hold of bitcoins, the better are his chances of becoming rich. Also, BCH has not a very bright future as compared to the digital gold. Honestly speaking if I were him, I would have already done the conversion by now.
mercer007

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:19:52 PM

YOU should convert it to btc.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 713

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:03:32 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 02:45:13 AM by wxa7115

Yep, I got some BCH from the fork as a lot of hodler out there and I'm not sure what would the best thing to do with it (in term of long term return of investement).

I would like to hear the opinion of a few experienced traders on this before making my mind.

Thanks!
It is very obvious to me that at this point BCH is just going to be another altcoin and it is better to get something out of this before it disappears so I think the best idea is to sell and get bitcoin or other alts that are a lot more promising, or you could get some ico coins, you got that money for free you might as well roll the dice and see if you are lucky.
YellowRiver

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:38:32 PM

Thanks!
It is very obvious to me that at this point BHC is just going to another altcoin and it is better to get something out of this before it disappears so I think the best idea is to sell and get bitcoin or other alts that are a lot more promising, or you could get some ico coins, you got that money for free you might as well roll the dice and see if you are lucky.
There was a time when everyone had a craze of BCH and some also gave statements like it will destroy bitcoins, take its place etc. People started investing in it and it really put on a good show for few days but was not very tough after all. I never supported these coins from the very start. All those who are holding BCH should convert it into BTC ASAP and if I were them, I would have done it already.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:56:08 PM

I converted mine when it hit $1000 and never looked at it again actually, but I think you should answer this question yourselve, do you think it will be bigger than bitcoin and the price will go up? will it still have value with the upcoming fork?
Also there is room for other altcoins to grow bigger and bigger so why not invest in those and get rid of your BCC when the price is high enough and  you are satisfied with it.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:13:00 PM

why u need convert this. bch is just an airdrop u dont loss nothing so u can keep it and wait 1-2 year. maybe it can over bitcoin
No hope of that happening, in fact I will be surprised if that coin lasted for more than two years, at some point that coin is going to become unprofitable to mine and the miners that forked bitcoin in order to create BCH will finally desist from their futile efforts and admit defeat and understand that you cannot just create a coin out of nowhere you need the support of the people.
mrBTCman

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:07:19 PM

Why has no one here mentioned all the BCH held by services like Coinbase, Bitstamp, Xapo, Gemini and others? That's got to be over a million coins still locked up with the tedious part all done for its holders. It's far from fully distributed.

I'm pretty amazed at how steady it's been so far but anything could happen. I've still got 95% of mine. I'll wait for a mega pump.
Thankfully I kept it within cex during the fork. I also decided to hold bch, because I hope for the price to pump. But even if bch falls, I won’t regret it (we got it for free anyway)
PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:24:43 PM

I suggest that you must first check the price of the bitcoin in the market and also the bch you are holding. You must think a smart decision first before you convert it . I think that you should convert that bch to bitcoin because bitcoin rises again these days but i think its up to you if you want to convert it or not . Just be wise.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:59:38 PM

I don't think it's necessary to change bch we have achieved from fork. Holding bch no less profitable with btc, same equals have big profit potential later.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:22:24 PM

Too Risky to Hold BCH.
Convert it in Other Altcoin.
BTC is too large it will be hard to Earn profit.
because BTC has a huge up and downs.
Try it in ETH.. or Other Altcoin.

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
Mariya03

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:52:46 AM

For me, converting BCH into BTC is a nice idea because bitcoin rises again these days. But it depends to you if you want to convert it. I'm iust sharing my opinion. But before you convert any altcoins you must think it million times smartly.

ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:48:18 AM

For now, no. BCH price is too low, just wait and hold it. Remember, BCH ATH is 900+ USD. My prediction is BCH will reach 1,000 USD by the end of this month. Let's just wait and hold, be patient and research about BCH or other coin, also try to study how to read charts or candles. You can also the scalping method if you want.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:53:28 AM

For now, no. BCH price is too low, just wait and hold it. Remember, BCH ATH is 900+ USD. My prediction is BCH will reach 1,000 USD by the end of this month.

why the hell would it do that? it's proving to be barely used and still being gamed to hell by miners. there's half a million xapo coins to get through and there are still the coinbase coins which would be released any time between now and the end of the year.

none of that is making it look like a great hold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: